Trisphee

Trisphee (http://www.trisphee.com/forums/index.php)
-   The Club House (http://www.trisphee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   //|| Lawtan's__Library || ||\\ (http://www.trisphee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19692)

Lawtan 07-20-2014 12:58 PM

D:

*Tries to expand the hours in a day to give more sleep to Kirara*

jaguarlyra 07-20-2014 01:35 PM

Hi, have you ever thought of putting some hadith in your library? I might be biased as a muslim but if you have a list of demons in your section some hadith would be good as well. I recommend some from Sahih al-Bukhari.

Lawtan 07-20-2014 01:39 PM

Ohh...thank you!

I am trying to keep it an unbiased/well-rounded library. :)

I'll look for them now.

*Puts on Demon detector gear to Ghost Busters Theme Music*
...The last part was meant fully in jest. The first part was not. I'll look for a good source for people to learn about them, and when I do, credit you for alerting me to them.

Kilala Mikal 07-20-2014 01:46 PM

Thanks Law. *settles in for a good long nap* Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

Lawtan 07-20-2014 01:47 PM

And...It is done. While there were likely some better sources, most had popups that detracted from the text. I try to avoid that when I can.

Oh, and I need to change the Tao Te Ching link - it is no longer working.

Tam I am 07-20-2014 03:27 PM

*hugs Kilala*

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lawtan (Post 1636365)
The cable companies (AT&T, Comcast, Verizon, etc...control phone, cable TV, and internet broadband) are able to only offer certain television channels to their clients - the channels have to pay them for the benefit of being able to show to viewers in certain areas. Also, like health insurance, most cable companies have monopoly-like control over areas, they can fine-tune and control what people view.

With the current/possibly past internet, the policy avoiding such things has led to a less controlled/financially viable market for them. The argument is thus: for them to continue to improve internet connection, among other things, they would like something closer to what they have with cable.

But... how would that even work?

Den 07-20-2014 05:35 PM

Infrastructure, more than likely.

Tam I am 07-21-2014 07:26 PM

No. I mean, the actual, how is that supposed to work.

Lawtan 07-21-2014 08:00 PM

Don't have foggiest notion as to that.
Either the attempt will f*** things up, or someone smarter than me (and hopefully not corrupt) has it figured out.

Tam I am 07-21-2014 08:17 PM

Hrrrm. Indeed.

*leaves lemon tarts on the cafe table*

Crystallyn Whisper 07-21-2014 09:02 PM

>A>

<A<

*takes a lemon tart and hides under the table*

Tam I am 07-22-2014 12:42 PM

And now I want lemon pie. Nice and not too sweet. Though my belly's rebelling and I wouldn't be able to eat it right now.

Lawtan 07-22-2014 02:32 PM

\(OoO)/
Now I crave Lemon Tarts!

Tam I am 07-22-2014 05:51 PM

Bahaha!

*turns thoughtful* I wonder if I could get to the bank in time to get cash for lemon tarts?

Edit: I decided to walk down to Save On Foods to buy a lemon pie. When I reached the store I had to walk past the deli section to get to the bakery section, and I saw onion rings. So once I'd grabbed the lovely big pie I came back and got $1.27 worth of rings. I sat down to eat after buying them, and a guy in his sixties in plain clothes sat down at a table next to mine with a shepherds pie to eat. Once we were both done our food I glanced over and we talked a bit. He was quiet and polite, and he was a bit wistful as he asked if that was a lemon pie. I offered him a piece, and his reply was, "Yes, please." So I scooped one out onto the top of the thing his pie came in, and the piece that I ate tasted better because the pie had been shared.

Den 07-22-2014 10:51 PM

Awww, Tam, that's sweet. :)

Lawtan 07-22-2014 11:43 PM

That was beautiful, Tam.