Trisphee

Trisphee (http://www.trisphee.com/forums/index.php)
-   The Club House (http://www.trisphee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Study Japanese (http://www.trisphee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3827)

Zach 04-02-2012 12:57 PM

What's going on in here owo

Demonskid 04-02-2012 01:05 PM

わたしたち わ がくしゅう が 日本語 です

we study japanese

... CODA HOW'D I DO! 8D

Coda 04-02-2012 03:00 PM

Should have been は instead of わ but I'll chalk that up to a typo, and usually you use れんしゅう for "practice". (If you're using the dictionary I linked, check the "commonly used words" box. It helps.) What you said, assuming those changes, was "As for us, practice is Japanese."

You could have said "nihongo no renshuu" (literally, "the practice of Japanese"; in context of the question that was asked ("what are you doing?") it would be "Japanese practice.") and you would have been satisfactorily correct. "nihongo wo renshuu suru"/"shimasu" would be "we practice Japanese" (or "shitteiru"/"shitteimasu" for "we are practicing Japanese") would have also been acceptable.

Good try though :)

Edit: *checks dictionary* >.> Whoops. Your "gakushuu" is perfectly valid for "study". ^^; It's marked as "common" although I would have probably used "manabu" or "narau".

Demonskid 04-02-2012 03:04 PM

xD I went with Gakushuu because everytime i come across a word revolving around studying and stuff I see Gaku in the word ouo

gaa... I keep forgetting that wa is written as ha x.x,

(the dictionary was helpful) ouo

Fauxreal 04-03-2012 12:41 AM

GAH! I still have to practice today!

Coda 04-04-2012 11:14 PM

今日、だれかいませんか?
kyou, dareka imasen ka?
Is anyone here today? (More literally: "Today, isn't there someone?")

Demonskid 04-04-2012 11:30 PM

はい います!
hai imasu!

yes I'm here!

Coda 04-05-2012 12:15 AM

キュンもいるみたい!
kyun mo iru mitai!
Looks like Kyun's here too!

Demonskid 04-05-2012 12:33 AM

かれ は ここ です でも 私は寝なければなりません

he is here but i have to go to bed.

Coda 04-05-2012 12:42 AM

おやすみ〜
Good night~

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demonskid (Post 1123740)
かれ は ここ です でも 私は寝なければなりません

"desu ga," would have been more natural than "desu demo" -- it's the difference between "X, but Y" and "X. However, Y." Valid, and happens sometimes, but not as fluid. (And if you're going to use "desu demo" there should be a period after "desu" because that's two separate sentences.)

Demonskid 04-05-2012 12:46 AM

:p i never use periods though xD next time i'll use desu ga

おやすみなさい コダさん

good night coda

ouo

Fauxreal 04-05-2012 07:06 PM

HAHA! I have so long to go before I can converse.

Demonskid 04-05-2012 07:16 PM

I'm using coda's advise and doing my best by using dictionaries ouo

Fauxreal 04-05-2012 07:36 PM

I'm starting to watch anime's without the English subtitles. *nod nod* I'm hoping one day - it just kinda clicks.

You know - it's said that if you dream in a language - you are fluent in it.

Demonskid 04-05-2012 07:38 PM

I never heard that before

Coda 04-05-2012 09:07 PM

It's pretty true. I've known foreign exchange students whose internal monologues had switched to English. And when I was still in practice, I would think in Japanese pretty often.

That said, dreaming in a language doesn't mean you're completely fluent, just that you've internalized the language instead of thinking of it as foreign.

As for practicing... Bafflebox and I used to hold entire conversations in Japanese, and sometimes we'd even get pretty philosophical about stuff doing so. Dictionaries help. XD

Edit: Just for fun.

さ、本当だよ。思いは英語になった留学生を知ってた。そして、練習の時に、僕もよく日本語で思 った。

それでも、ほかの語で夢を見ても、完璧に上手意味じゃない。外国語じゃないと思ってなっただけ だ。

(Literally: "Well, it's true. I knew exchange students whose thoughts had become English. And, when I was practicing, I would often think in Japanese. Nevertheless, even if you dream in another language, it doesn't mean that you're perfectly skilled. It's just that you started thinking that it wasn't a foreign language." That last sentence is really awkward to translate; the verb phrase I used more literally means "it became that you think".)