Trisphee

Trisphee (http://www.trisphee.com/forums/index.php)
-   Trisphee Talk (http://www.trisphee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   The art of the 30sec. time block (http://www.trisphee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5375)

Funkduder 07-01-2011 04:25 PM

The art of the 30sec. time block

So in my time at Trisphee, I've realized that their is some sort of madness in fast posting. I'm recording it here, and am leaving room for other anomalies that I or any other users realize while using Trisphee.
1a) During posting there is a approximate 30 second time period in which a trisphee user (trisphite) cannot post a second time on any other thread in the trisphee forums.
1b) This only applies to threads as private messages, and posts on another user's profile is still allowed.
1c) Rumor: This does not apply to staff members. They may post as many times as their WPM count allows them to.
2a) Editing a post does not penalize the 30 second post block.
2b) Most users may not recognize that a post has been edited until hours after by looking at the bottom of the post (exact time period unknown).
3a) Post edits make minor effects on aurum value (from cazzidy's guide to aurum making).
3b) Words added means that you get more aurum from the post.
3c) Words taken away means that you get less aurum from the post later.
3d) Although a post shows an exact value when posted, the new value of the post will NOT be shown after an edit.

More to come. This thread is now OPEN for others to place words of wisdom. XP

Poggio 07-01-2011 05:20 PM

Actually I've been called on that 30 second rule when posting comments before on profiles.

And I think the maxium you can get for words is 50.

Fenris 07-01-2011 05:43 PM

Aurum you can beat 50 on a long long post. I have never EVER seen someone beat 60 (Tho Sheol gets 10 pts for his best try at 59 point something).

As for the rumor, most staff can ignore the 30 second post rule. I will be changing it to all eventually, only reason its not now is because its activated by having mods or higher powers. Im trying to get it to activate for everyone on staff.

Quiet Man Cometh 07-01-2011 06:41 PM

My highest is 54 ish I think, and I recall Sheol's 59 point effort. I hit the 30 second deal all the time in the game forum when I'm going post happy with another person or the forum is active. I haven't had it affect an edit as I've done those immediately after posting at times, usually because I think of something to add or something better to say just after I hit the "post" button.

Lucid: 07-02-2011 12:27 AM

I actually got 64 aurum once. >.> It was a complete accident though. I was trying to link a picture from facebook, but their weird picture viewing thing is frustrating. I copied a bazillion-character link instead of a simple one, and posted it without checking it. I edited it out and found the right image url after realizing the one I'd initially copied didn't even work properly. it was weird seeing my aurum get reduced by 15 or so after an edit. XD

NikkoGallarado 07-02-2011 12:39 AM

The closes I got was about 56 when doing long long rp post. XD

Shirelin 07-02-2011 01:21 AM

The 30 second block I've seen on other forum-centric avatar sites, possibly to keep an overload from happening or something.

Ashy 07-02-2011 09:31 AM

yeah the 30sec rule used to be the bane of my existence

see this:

http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/a...rchnemesis.jpg

Poggio 07-02-2011 10:56 AM

Lol Ashy I've gotten that screen before. @.@
XD what I find interesting is the rule is in place and yet I still manage to double post by accident some times.

Vanitas 07-02-2011 01:55 PM

I never knew about the 30 second thing. owo I had no idea after you edit a post aurum can be added or deleted, this is all new to me lol.

Quiet Man Cometh 07-04-2011 03:42 AM

I remember reading about it when I was new. It explains why people in the quest or merchant thread areas tend to strike out items rather than deleting them. Not that I don't do that too sometimes.

Lucid: 07-04-2011 02:34 PM

it's such a minimal amount of aurum gained or lost, it really doesn't matter. usually an edit is worth about 1 aurum or less. I think the strikeouts are more to keep track of things that happened in the past rather than just for keeping the money.

Echo-chan713 07-14-2011 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quiet Man Cometh (Post 733041)
My highest is 54 ish I think, and I recall Sheol's 59 point effort. I hit the 30 second deal all the time in the game forum when I'm going post happy with another person or the forum is active. I haven't had it affect an edit as I've done those immediately after posting at times, usually because I think of something to add or something better to say just after I hit the "post" button.

My highest was 53 or 56 au post ranting about some issue

Ashurato 07-14-2011 10:53 PM

I like the fact that it prevents you from double-posting (that is, accidentally).
I don't remember what my highest aurum post was though I wish I did.

Echo-chan713 07-16-2011 02:15 PM

I still accidentally double post I just ask one of the staff members to delete that post for me since I'd rather tell someone about my own accident than someone to report it