View Single Post
A*DIC*TED
Condition Summary
when I was born I couldn't breathe, and ended up in an ambulance within minutes of entering the world. I spent my entire early childhood getting incredibly ill through chest and sinus infections without any real obvious reason. I was also almost entirely deaf for the first 4 years of my life. Since they had no idea what was wrong I was just labeled as having asthma. It turns out that the chronic lung disease (primary ciliary dyskinesia) I have was actually only discovered a few months after I as born. At age 11 I was diagnosed properly and given many ways to combat my condition.

Now, at almost 19, I am doing incredibly well. Maybe one of the best success stories for my condition. I lost 10 of my lung capacity during the 11 years of mis-diagnosing, and have hearing loss in both ears (50% and 10%) through failed surgery before i was diagnosed. Otherwise I am fine and keeping on top of everything. I have even managed to work on my lungs bumping their capacity to an above 'average' level.

As for other things... I possibly have dyspraxia, though it was considered a possibility to late for me to get any sort of help with school, so I failed pretty badly. I also have something like Junior rheumatoid arthritis, but they can't seem to get a solid diagnosis on it.

There's a whole lot I left out.. but I think that covers the most of it.
Last edited by Ducky; 03-26-2012 at 12:59 PM.
Old Posted 03-26-2012, 03:07 AM Reply With Quote