View Single Post
On in to the future
Default   #15  

"You should learn to mask your voice better, James." The words came out filled with scorn, and she pointedly used his first name after being asked not to. The Elf pushed herself to her feet, picking the spear up with it. Her eyes never left him and she took several steps back.

"Clearly you have no understanding of what my people are. I suppose I should forgive you for that. Few of your people have ever bothered to learn." She frowned at him as he called himself her savior and mentioned that she had been crying. Cithien practically growled at him in response, "My pain is no joke, human!" She wiped her eyes roughly to rid herself of the tears.

"You are no savior of mine." With that she hefted her spear and threw it at him full force while crying out in her native tongue. The words were unintelligible, being more of a cry of rage then anything.

The Elves in her camp could hear it, and they knew what it meant. Her voice echoed across the battle field, even reaching the humans ears. Though the humans had no understanding of what that cry meant, they did understand what they saw in the Elves camp. They were preparing for battle now. They would fight whether the humans were ready or not.
Call me Ath!

Old Posted 04-20-2012, 08:10 PM Reply With Quote