View Single Post
Desolation Denizen
Default   #21  
I'll be the first to admit that that was an element we handled extremely poorly. There were a lot of issues going on at the time, and the whole idea only got squeezed in at the end of the Fight for Freedom when it was supposed to have been part of it from the beginning.

It is there, though. Specifically, in Feysha's last post in chapter 19 of the Fight for Freedom, and Ryuko's post in the epilogue describes the book being destroyed and the consequences of it. One of Maesha's posts in chapter 19 likewise mentions the Secrets as the magic she uses to face off against Dyten. And then the implication with the Nox 2011 scene with Ryuko was that the voice was the Secrets of sorcery that had been released with the destruction of the book, hence him regaining his magic.

THAT SAID, it was handled very poorly (I can say that because it was my fault, largely, with several contributing factors, but nonetheless), and if there's ever time in the future, a re-write of the Fight for Freedom would go a long way towards making it a more cohesive transition. For now, hopefully the summaries will help once we can get them out there.
Cold silence has a tendency
to atrophy any sense of compassion
between supposed lovers.
Between supposed brothers.
Old Posted 11-27-2012, 04:15 PM