View Single Post
*twitch*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twigg View Post
The biggest thing I can tell you about shading is (even though it sounds super cliche) to look at life and references. See how the light bounces off of things and creates shadows. If you need to, gather references. Seriously, it helps. Even if you're doing a more cartoony style it will help you. I promise.

I did notice you had some, but it was very faint and kind of random. I suggest picking a definite light source and working from that. For instance if the light is coming from the right hand side, the shadows would be on the left. And vice versa.

If you'd like I can find you some helpful tutorials that might illustrate what I mean a little better and give you some visual aids.

Also another big thing I recommend to you is to experiment! Seriously. Go outside of your comfort zone. Try something new! Even if you don't like it you might learn a new technique that can make your art all the more better. <3
Oh, I see. Never has anyone made it simple as that. "...light is coming from the right hand side, the shadows would be on the left. And vice versa." That is something I should keep in mind now. That is something I should look more into, seeing the light that way now.

Are there any tutorials that would help with this? I tried looking into DA, and I get so lost there and confused... T.T

Thank you, for this. It makes a lot of sense now.

Kaguya, oh, I didn't know you were broken allready? I'll get some glue and tape for you?
Old Posted 02-06-2013, 05:44 PM Reply With Quote