Thread: mama's ooc
View Single Post
isn't that funny
sweetie, i am having a hard time reading your words

i need it to be consistent so that when i have to go back and reread something it will make sense, if the tense switches out several times within a post it becomes confusing and to have neither of our posts being in the same tense is doubly so

if i say jack goes to the store and gets a package of cookies and a carton of eggs it makes sense to say he is at the store right now
if i say jack gets to the store and got a package of cookies and a carton of eggs it makes sense only until i need to know if he is still at the store or if he has gone already and come back
it is further confused if you say jack get to the store and got cookies and gets a carton of eggs, it is no longer certain if he is getting things now, if he already has gotten things as well as we no longer know how many cookies he has/is gotten/getting

consistency in writing leads to context and without consistency your partner is left guess as to what you meant and that is not good. i do not think it is fair to either of us if we have to spend an hour trying to figure out what has been said or worse, have to just guess and hope we chose correctly

on a side not though, you really need to make sure you are using the correct words, i know it is easy to get words like sense and cents and since mixed up orally but written they throw a sentence into confusion when not spoken aloud, especially when there are several other homophoneal errors to me a sentence with enough errors turns into a captacha
Old Posted 05-04-2013, 01:46 AM Reply With Quote