View Single Post
Dragon Storm
Thank you, Yeladim. Now, if anyone is still around, I'll tell my story in 3 posts, as I tend to.

Gather around, young Trislings, as I tell you the tale of knightly Janet and her dame Tamlane...
There once, on the Nene river, lived the family of Earl Murray, and their child, Tamlane. Tamelane was ever a curious child, and would wander into the nearby woods, wherein he walked on a strange circle of smooth cobblestones. "Mum, come see, for I stood on stone three!" the barely-walking babe would exclaim, without praise or recognition.

One day, the child's antics around the woods stopped. He grew quiet and reserved. When asked what was wrong, the child would simply shake his head. Concerned, the mother called in a wise midwife, who said, "Fix him a stew laid in the eggshells of a chicken. If it pleases his mind, he will be brought back from his kind."

Confused, but trusting the crone who herself had seen to Tamlane's birth, the mother set about a fine stew. With a tip=tap and a crack, she emptied the egg of its golden meal, and filled the half-shell with brown broth. To her surprise, Tamlane...was wrinkled and staring at the thing as if it were a god-given miracle. The weathered child stood and exclaimed, "I have seen the acorn before the oak, but I never saw the likes of this!" a molassas-like fog spilled in from an open window-pane, and the child seemed to be swallowed by it. The mother, in shock, screamed for the guards and Earl, to no avail.
Lawtan: A chaotic dragoness with issues.
__

��s ofer�ode, �isses sw� m�g.

__

Science, horror, folklore, and cuteness incoming!
Old Posted 10-31-2014, 11:31 PM Reply With Quote