View Single Post
Dragon Storm
The remaining terms between the two, the elfin knight and stubborn maid, only the winds of Caterhaugh would know. Time works oddly in Sidhe-lands, as does love and the mind. Perhaps, young Tamlane and Janet won one another's hearts by the character of each other. Perhaps, some fell magic or otherworldly treasure bewitched young Janet and the elfin knight to love one another.

It is known they became intimately known to one another, as within months of Janet's return, she had to adjust her gown over a growing babe. The knights and ladies, fearing the reaction of the Earl of March, demanded to know - from who was the child got.

Four-and-twenty ladies and men stood with Janet's father. Some men in rustic cajoled, "Alas, for fare Janet, but we'll be blamed on it." To them she scowled and silenced to the quick, and before the Earl kneeled.

"And ever alas, my sweet Janet, I fear thou art with chile," he said.

"If that I grow with chile, father, no man here bear the blame. There's ne'er a laird about your court that shall get our land's name. If my love were an earthly knight, instead of an elfin grey, I would still not give my true-love for any lord ye hold here. The steed that my true-love rides on is lighter than the wind, with siller he is shod before, and with a burning gowd behind it."

The Earl sent young Janet off to return this suitable suitor, and off she went to Caterhaugh, to find her dear Tamlane.
Lawtan: A chaotic dragoness with issues.
__

��s ofer�ode, �isses sw� m�g.

__

Science, horror, folklore, and cuteness incoming!
Old Posted 11-01-2014, 12:29 AM Reply With Quote