View Single Post
A*DIC*TED
Default   #7  
I'm enjoying it quite a lot, I'm just in a weird headspace lately.

The winged male waited somewhat patiently for her to pull up the stakes, but the second that he was free he leapt up and caught her about the waist. "You're going to want to hold onto me." Was the only warning that she got. With a loud unfurling and flapping of wings, they were suddenly airborne.

A few of the guards below that hadn't gone scrambling off to find the mysterious enemy in the woods saw them and raised the alarm, but against the night sky he was hard to see, so luckily few of their arrows even got close. At first. A hiss of pain escaped him and he dropped a couple feet as one arrow went through the lower part of his right wing and another hit him in the thigh. The pain only made him fly harder as he frantically tried to get them to safety. He wouldn't' be telling her, for fear of looking weak in front of a stranger and therefore making his whole species look weaker, that her forty pounds felt like a ton of bricks.

Blood dripped down his leg and he forced himself not to think about it until he made it away from the camp and made it to the side of the mountain. It wasn't as far away as he wanted to be, but he couldn't stay up in the air much longer. "I don't suppose one of you magical skills is healing?" He hissed hopefully.

They were a few miles from the camp on foot, but not far enough away that they were safe by any means.
Answer my riddle to earn a prize!

You'll always feel it, but can never see it. It's strong but shatters easily. You can give it away but never hold it. What is it?

Pm me the answer, no cheating please!
Old Posted 01-09-2018, 11:37 PM Reply With Quote