View Single Post
Barrel of Monkeys
Default   #23  
Once they were conversing, everything about Christoval seemed to relax. A tense look towards his general gait seemed to relax and ease itself as the man let his hands break free and rest gently, the young knight taking hold of his own mug of ale and taking a haphazard sip; Christoval smacking his lips for a moment and letting the surge of cool alcohol cascade around his mouth and then trail down his throat, only for a burp to bubble up and leak out of his mouth; the man covering his face and going slightly red, and then smiling sheepishly at Kastivi. "Shit, uh. Excuse me." He leaked out, snickering and then shaking his head.

They were polar opposites, from the tone of their skin and shades of their eyes to personality. Where her clothes were worn and sturdy, the little knight seemed to be kept in well-worn and fresh looking, cool and breezy attire from the Summer Isles in the west. Definitely different, but not enough to stand out currently where they were. If anything the boy could have probably passed for at the very least, the son of a well-off merchant. It was always the brooding dark mage that seemed to have a negative impact for him. Not that he seemed to mind. Something about Wisp too made him wanna stay and learn from her. Maybe it was all more than just a test. Maybe it was a sign to try and help the mage out with her own problems. At least, that was how he was looking at it. "I've honestly never seen Wisp talk to someone as much as her though. Even though it wasn't exactly the most friendly of chats. Maybe we should ask them about it at some point. If we both show concern, they'll have to at least try and make sure we're not gonna be stuck with two liabilities. Not to say our mentors are such things but...You know what I mean." He trailed off and downed another few gulps of his mug, and then resumed. "Could definitely be worse. They could be on the wrong side of things. Evil and whatnot. I can deal with bickering if it means I don't have to see Wisp try and lay a city to waste or something."

"We're not stupid. We just want the best for the world. Well, most of us." Christoval said, pride booming in his chest as he smiled at her. "Sure, there's not always gonna be only good knights. But as long as I'm alive, there's gonna be one! Soon as I can find an order who'd wanna take me in."
"I just want to come home," said the Astronaut.
"So come home," said Ground Control.
"So come home," said the Voice from the Stars.

“And he goes around killing people?” said Mort.
He shook his head. “There’s no justice.”
Death sighed. NO, he said,... THERE'S JUST ME.
Old Posted 01-29-2018, 07:44 PM Reply With Quote