View Single Post
Weaver of Webs
Default   #21  
Hell
Olivia bit her lip, suddenly grateful for her parents' disability and her need to learn sign growing up. That's very responsible of you, and I'm glad you had an interest in it, Olivia signed, her hands and arms moving rapidly, her face reflecting her gladness. She felt guilty about ignoring the others, but they seemed to be in their own conversation, and she had no method of communicating with them anyway, unless they both faced her and had patience enough to let her write out responses. So she was perfectly alright with being enamored in the conversation she was in. Pale cheeks turned to roses and she bit her lip, I don't know what to say...Thank you. You're quite handsome yourself...

Axle raised his eyebrows at his companion and leaned on the bar, stirring the chocolate syrup that had settled at the bottom of his now near empty glass, “Wow. We really are the same. And yes. We were right, minus getting the wrong guy part. Next time you gotta make sure you get the right one,” Axle said tapping his temple. “But, I suppose that answers the first question most have about the others they see here. 'Why are you in Hell?' Well, why are you in Hell, Carol? Obviously we're not fuckin' perfect.” He rolled his black eyes and held an inked hand across the bar, “Name's Axle, by the way. Fellow murderer and your current bar tender. Wanna be hunting partners? I can show you the ropes.”
All that is empty in the drawing should be filled in, the teacher said to us kids. First you sharpen the pencil to fill in the thin whiskers, then you use the thick crayon to fill in the wings with brown, meticulously and without letting the crayon leave the page. Six feet can be traced below the soft belly. Now, breathing is hard to detect on paper, the teacher said to me when I asked, but it is easier to feel it in real life.

Even insects breathe.

-Rawi Hage, Cockroach
Old Posted 06-10-2018, 12:43 AM Reply With Quote