View Single Post
Ho! Miscreant!
Default   #29  
“I do have a few questions….” HannaBelle said honestly, weather or not she’d ask then just yet was up for debate. She nodded in thanks to the man that sat them and she tucked some loose strands of hair behind her ear. Buttering up her own roll of bread she nibbled on it as she thought of what question to ask… before she could thought Karla asked about her tattoo and HannaBelle swallowed, a blush coming up on her face.

“It’s the Alchemical Wheel….well a simplified version of it with the western Zodiac signs…. I was slightly drunk when one of my human friends from High School suggested we get tattoos… we ended up at a magical tattoo and piercing parlor.” HannaBelle trailed off, remembering her friends brown hair and blue eyes…..she cleared her throat a bit before continuing. “Yeah…. She ended up with a sparrow that flapped its wings and I was going to get a bat…. But the ink and my magic had other ideas it seems… so now i have the wheel on my hip instead of a bad ass bat with fangs.” The witch shrugged as she nibbled on her bread again.

“It reacts to different types of magic…. Most of the time it’s just a plain tattoo….i guess whatever that book was, was strange and different enough for my tattoo to react...Normal it tends to only react around high elves or high fae…. Like really powerful magic users and creatures.” HannaBelle’s hazel eyes glanced at Karla… lingering over where the other women had cut herself…

“Why… blood magic?” She asked with genuine curiosity, no judgement at all, that in itself showed that the red headed witch had been raised without a deep biased against the darker magics. Her voice was soft as she spoke.

The sound of footsteps signaled the approach of their waiter with their drinks, HannaBelle had gotten a white wine. She was used to drinking cider or beers from the corner store… and she didn’t want to get drunk tonight… so mentally she limited herself to one glass of wine and the rest would be water.

“Have you lovely ladies decided on what you would like to order? Or do you still need a few minutes?” The waiter asked a smile on his face, pointed ears peaked out behind his black hair, his skin a soft tan color and his eyes a vivid green.

Glancing at the menu HannaBelle didn't even need to look to know what she wanted. “ A veggie and chicken pasta special for me please… with a greek salad on the side if it’s not to much trouble.” She had come here a few times with her parents and Granny Tamick, so she knew what she liked. The elf nodded and quickly wrote down the order before glancing towards Karla with a paitchent smile on his face.
------------------------------------
“Yeah buddy… it’s Oliver.” The shifter’s voice was even, clearly not liking the nurse’s tone but he didn't want to be kicked out.

“I told you last night Mate… I’m a shifter….at least i think i told you…. But yeah… that wolf… that’s me.” HIs eyes flashed amber for a moment, looking just like the wolf’s eyes. “The lady, didn’t catch her name, knew that something was going on at Magus Core….. I uh… followed her after over hearing her muttering about a ‘ammature’ exorcist….couldn't stop my mind from running to you… so i followed… then i lead the way after i found your scent…” Oliver rubbed the back of his neck.

“She wants to meet us at The Witch’s Brew sometimes next week to talk… Karla that’s her name!” Oliver pulled the card out of his pocket and squinted to see the name on the card, showing it to Ryan.
----------------
HannaBelle was surprised to find she was pretty relaxed around Karla, seeing as she had bascil just met the women…. It felt right… that’s about as far as HannaBelle would go for now. Sehh sipped at her wine, sure she was 19 but she was also a witch, and it took a lot to get them drunk… so most places where ok now with serving alcohol to magical beings that were ‘underage’ in human terms… heck HannaBelle knew she’d outlive her parents by a long stretch as witches, warlocks and other magical beings had long lifespans, she tried not to think about it too much as it always saddened her to think about her parents dying…

She tried to not think about dead things a lot….she’d never told anyone this… she’d had a rabbit as a young child… a all black puff ball she called Luci, short for Lucifer, and he had died after a dog got into their backyard. That night she had cried and cried, her magic swirling around her despite her attempts to calm herself down… and for just a moment… she could have sworn she had seen Luci on her bed, hopping over to comfort her……

It had always been a strange memory so she never brought it up at all.
Old Posted 06-19-2018, 06:56 PM Reply With Quote