Thread: Study Japanese
View Single Post
THIS. IS. SPAR -shot- ... *gurgle*
Default   #57  
Oh hi~

I took two years of Japanese in my high school, and I randomly relearn whatever I've forgotten when I get bored. XD I'm much better at learning in a classroom setting (mostly because of the structure), but I've realized that if I create a structured study routine for myself then I'll do decently enough.

I found that the website smart.fm was perfect for me, but it's unfortunately closing. The company that had opened it has created another language learning website (called iKnow!), but it requires a monthly payment of ¥1,000 (roughly 10USD). I haven't checked it out yet, but if you're serious about learning the language then I recommend that you try their free trial and see if it's something that'll work for you.

smart.fm was great for beginners, intermediates and beyond, so I'm hoping that iKnow! (being something you have to pay for) will be even better.

(Rosetta Stone never worked for me. I've always considered it a useless program if you wanted to learn more than what your average traveler might know when visiting Japan.)

Also, if anyone has Windows Vista or Windows 7 and would like to know how to activate their Japanese keyboard, I'd be happy to help you. I can even write up a simple tutorial if the OP would like.

:3 And because I'm in love with creating learning aids, I'll be happy to make a few worksheets for beginners if anyone would be interested.
Old Posted 02-26-2011, 05:57 PM Reply With Quote