View Single Post
*twitch*
Default   #3  
This is the start of the back story to my character, Seth, he's a sort of really awesome faery, and I draw him quite often, you;ll probably end up seeing pictures of him.

Which direction do you choose? The voice hadn't been said aloud, it reverberated through the very essence of the cave's damp, musty walls. A flash of red feathers caught in his vision, a constant reminder that the court thought his path set in stone. The fiery southern path, how easy it would be to just go along with what they thought, to follow what they thought to be true. Fierce anger bubbled up in the young teen's chest just under the surface, threatening to break through like a volcano and lash out at everything around him. The realization that they could never be right, was as dampening to that heated anger as a cool summer breeze.
Even as they'd told him he would be of fire, hot tempered and dangerous, he knew them to be false, even as a child he'd felt the wind caress him, giving him gentle encouraging words. "My element is my own, I, the one who chooses my own path am a child of air, the direction I choose is East!" He could hear his voice ringing around the silent caves, a dull echo of the passionate speaker. The silence was broken as a crack rang through the cave’s dull walls started to vibrate as the male with burning red hair swung around, a storm brewing around the boy, the air felt heavy, nervous, and the world started to spin. A circle of bright, violent flames shot up around him, trapping him in the middle.
Damn, maybe it is inevitable, maybe I really am a fire child. "No!" He cried out, the once stagnant breeze swung around the far walls of the cave, collecting dripping water from the walls as it went before rolling over the fire, dousing the flames to mere embers, they released a soft, glow on the male's features, making his silver eyes shine like a cat's, and a small grin played on his features, his teeth, fang-like seemed almost dull, gentle in the ember's dying light. He saw a strand of his own hait then, the once bright, bloody red had faded in hue, morphing to the stunning orange of sunset's start. The end of the rumors of my heritage, to my lifepath. He thought, tilting his head to one side, the light of the almost faded embers made his unusual tanned features seem angular, elfin and alien, as he rested his seemingly delicate, long fingered hand on the rough stony ground, lifting himself up with cat-like grace.
The young teen arching his lean back out in a stretch, the small, but defined muscles over his arms and chest raised up, blending sleekly to his form, he felt a gentle stroke of the wind, approving as he felt the wings that had sprouted from his back's feathers shift, he lowered them down, then, folding one forward so he could glance at his wings, even in the dim light, the embers mere ashes now, he could tell there was a difference. No longer were they the colors of blood, of war and violence and fire, the feathers had brightened, mutating into something much more hopeful, they were the brilliant pale orange, almost pink tinged glow of a sunrise, he nodded slightly, approvingly at the shift. They're the color of a new day, my new beginning.
The fae's body shook with a relieved laugh as he headed for the light at the entrance to the cave, he could feel the long, low taper of his elfin ears almost bounce with every hesitant step he took, afraid that the further he would head out of the cave, the more of the element would bleed away from him, returning him to his shunned, set-in-stone status. Yet the breath of wind, the whisper of the air around him got bolder, stronger with every step he took, each more confident than the next. 'Ma and Pa will sure be surprised to see their son as a breezer, but why should it even matter? It's always been my choice. The air shifted in a tumultuous breeze around him, feeling almost like laughter. He stepped out of the damp, earthy tunnel and into the fleeting light offered through the forest's high, leafy canopy.
Old Posted 08-22-2010, 01:57 PM Reply With Quote