View Single Post
Posty McPostsALot
Default   #13  

"You were a king to be?" she asked. It wasn't as if he had not made it clear. She did not expect another person out in the world to be like her. She wondered if Jude had had a horrible relationship with his parents. Her father had not been pleased when the doctor announced that he was in fact a she. He had expected a boy. This didn't stop him from using a disappointing situation to his advantage. He quickly found a suitor for Lucy. It almost seemed as if he had picked a person who was the exact opposite of her. She hated him. When she begged her mother to stop this, her mother beat her without hesitating. It had been the first time that her mother had done such a thing. She suspected that her father had told her to, he was rather controlling.

Lucy allowed her hand to embrace Jude's, she had never held hands with anyone except for her mother. She followed almost obediently. "I don't mind helping, I take no offence." she said pleasantly. "My mother loved to cook before her accident, she taught me basics. I also use to sneak in to the kitchen and help after she had finally agreed to hire cooks. They seemed to love me, they said that I was a natural cook. My father caught me one day. He was very angry." As they entered the kitchen she felt his hand slip away from hers. "He yelled at me, he even hit me. He said that I was distracting the cooks. I was wasting his money. Then he made a comment about how he thought that the food tasted different. He made it different sound like a bad thing. He didn't like change."

Lucy stood still for a moment, she felt awkward in the unfamiliar space. "If you want," she began and approached Jude. "I can stay with you, I can cook. I can even clean the ship."

Old Posted 07-29-2011, 06:47 PM