View Single Post
Ho! Miscreant!
Default   #39  
“My family's home isn’t far from here… odd seeing as our kind have our own healers.” Oliver shrugged he held up the brown paper bag as the pair left the hospital. The shifter caught Ryan once, not bringing up the slip, just righted the human before they continued.

The dark haired shifter sighed, rubbing the back of his head, looking almost embarrassed. “Not sure myself...at first it was your scent… human but… different… might be your sixth sense...seeing as you could SMELL the ‘dog’ on me” Oliver used air quotes. “I find you interesting...never met a human that didn’t care about sex… in some capacity at least… There are a few species out there that only use sex as a for as reproduction and it’s not pleasant for either party…...but yeah… I find you interesting and my mom baked cookies i think you should try….” Oliver said pushing the paper bag into the human’s hands.

He ran a hand through his hair to try and pull himself back...the things he was feeling was just form never knowing a human that was like Ryan… nothing more….Oliver had to keep telling himself that… the last shifter in his family, going WAY back on the tree, that fell for a human and had them as a mate had been killed… by a human mob or his own kin…. Those had been very violent days… at least by the stories Oliver had been told by his older brothers…

Oliver nodded to the time for the pub. “Yeah I’m free, finished work early today and have the next few days off….” Oliver didn’t want to say how he thought the human shouldn't’ be left unprotected…
---------------------------
Her face was a tomato...not even two sentences form Karla and HannaBelle’s face nearly hatched her hair. “I just met you two nights ago! " the red head protested, the blush clear in her voice. “Maybe she recognized it… but she had to ask me who you were so… she’d really old…pushing 250… that’s ancient by witches standards… most don't’ make it past 210 even with modern human and magical practices….” HannaBelle was rambling… while she is sin a wheelchair Granny Tamick didn’t look older than a 80 year old human women, she had ‘aged well’ for a witch.

HannaBelle had seen pictures of a younger Granny Tamick and had been shocked to see the women had similar facial features to her...a regal standing in the magical government too when she had been in her prime… and a daughter.. ‘We didn’t see eye to eye on a decision she made… I have made my peace Little Raven.’ the old women had told a young HannaBelle when she had asked about the women’s daughter.

“That sounds find, need to do a food run any how… you’d be surprised how quickly 10 cats go through food and litter...that reminds me i need to pick up bleach….” the red head trailed off as she summoned her shopping list and added BLEACH to the list in her scratchy lettering. “So ah… later today in the early evening? Right… Hope you like cats.” The red head hung up before she could ramble again, her face was still flushed and she sighed… maybe Granny Tamick was right...maybe she was… smitten..

A soft mewl had her looking down to see a tortoise shell looking up at her expectantly. Bending down to stroke the young cat’s fur had the witch smiling as she grabbed a jacket and her wallet before calling out that she was doing the food run.

Granny Tamick’s pale blue eyes watched from ehr chair in the living room, in her wrinkly hands was grasped a picture of her and her daughter the last time they had seen each other… the elegant women with fire red hair and bright green eyes in the picture looked like a older version of HannaBelle with green eyes… the older women was surprised her student had not seen it yet… but then again the girl had grown up with loving parents...a war, supportive family around her despite her different from them… that was better then what the old women had thought…. No… it would do no good to dwell on the past… her Little Raven was alive and well, breathing and thriving with her magical powers… as best one could when their true magic lay somewhere, less pleasant.

Setting the frame aside the old women used her magic to float herself and her chair to her room, if they where to have a guest she better make herself presentable… if this girl, Karla, worked for who Tamick thought she did… then the girl probibly knew of Scorsserus Tamick and how the cold women had inherited the spot from her mother after marrying a powerful warlock.
--------------------------
It felt odd, to Oliver to be sitting in a booth and not at one of the tables in the middle of the pub, though at the moment Oliver preferred Ryan to be a bit more comfortable then himself…

“I can’t believe I’m saying things but I think we need to steer clear of booze till Karla get here… clear heads and all that.” It was clear the shifter was used to getting at least buzzed when he was here with his friends.

Soon enough a familiar, at least to Oliver, figure walked into the pub.
------------
HannaBelle was humming to herself as she pursued the fruits in the local market, a human market, not one of those fancy ‘legal’ magical ones. This was less chaotic to the young witch. She grabbed a few apples and pears, adding them to her cart full of cat food, both wet and dry, as well as five heavy bags of cat little, the coupon for those tucked in her pocket with her list.

Once everything was paid for she carried the bags, using a bit of magic once outside the market to levitate the cat little bags, the owners of the market appreciated that HannaBelle didn’t use her magic inside their store, unless it was a emergency.

Glancing up when she saw a crowd of girls all trying to look at someone who was getting into a fancy car across the street that the witch rolling her eyes. She would never understand the appeal girls had towards boys….

She didn’t notice the blue eyes catching sight of her, of her carrying paper bags on each hip and levitating heavy sack of cat little like it was nothing. HUmming to herself once again HannaBelle didn’t see the spark of interest in those green eyes before the male who was attached to those green eyes got into his limo and was driven off, a crowd of sad girls left behind, all but the girl with hair the color of fire.
--------------------
Time flew by and soon HannaBelle was nervously looking between the clock and the pot of noodles she was stirring, since she had not gotten a exact time of Karla’s arrival the young witch was antsy.

She’s roasted leftover chicken in the oven, and was making fresh pasta, Granny Tamick was resting in her room, at least that is what one of the cat’s had meowed to HannaBelle when she asked them.
Old Posted 06-27-2018, 12:51 AM Reply With Quote