View Single Post
*twitch*
Someone from Kalin! That ruled out Arco then; as little as he actually knew about the species, he did know that they were native to Quesaria. Behel had spent two weeks on Kalin once and it was something he'd never forget. Miserable little mud hole with hardly a place to swim without one's gills shriveling from all the pollution in the water. He left just as soon as he acquired his patron's guns and vowed never to return. Still, though he hardly spent anytime outside of his apartment while on the planet, he hadn't seen anything but completely uninteresting humans without a single claw or wing to call their own.

"Really, Kalin? Fancy that, meeting an alien on an alien world. Of course, I've visited it a fair amount in my time; wonderfully trendy fashion, fantastic technology, but it's a pity about the pollution."

A pity indeed but a planet he'd only ever visited once was the furthest thing from Behel's mind right now. The woman's gaze wasn't lost on him and if he lived for anything, it was for other people's attention. He smiled, revealing teeth far too sharp to be in anyone's mouth and much too numerous too.

"Oh yes, if you will have me. I've been looking forever to get in some decent practice before I head back out into the fray, you see," said the man said. His voice was quiet and lacked the overt bravado that so many other rebels seemed to have, but there was something very eager about it, as if he was waiting for an excuse to go for the neck.

"It seems like half the rebels are in the infirmary, a quarter are off fighting the good fight, and the rest...well, I am from the badlands of Deivai, likely the only one here -if you don't count those infernal Deathless but no one ever does- and my people are accustomed to fighting creatures that are far less, ah, what is the word in this language? Oh yes, far less delicate. Well, shall the honor of first move go to you?"
Old Posted 08-03-2011, 01:57 AM