View Single Post
Two Fish
Default   #25  
{ gentlemen }

For once, Rin was actually proud of his handsome, blonde counterpart. With them both clothed now, he smacked Rin's arm with playful encouragement. "I like how you're thinkin'." As they walked towards the exit, the nurse at the front desk scribbled something down. A guard now leaned against the building, who greeted them as they exited. He held his hand out with a shake for Rin, who shook it with a hearty swing. The man grinned. "Name's Grim. I'll be showing you your setup for tonight." Rin felt like the man might've actually had a military background, unlike his earlier counterpart who took the group into the hospital.

"Alright. Question one." Rin started only to be cut off by Grim.

"Woah, woah woah. You've got three questions." His smile made Rin queasy. His teeth were all sharpened.

"One. When can we get our weapons back?"

"I'll be checking them out tonight and giving you back everything I can, tomorrow. Bright and early." Cheek to cheek, manic grin.

"Two. What do we need to do to make a living out here? We're both resourceful."

"Hah. Good men." His voice was so deep that it seemed to vibrate in his chest. Grim smacked both of them over the shoulder, him in the middle of Rin and Josef. "We'd love to have you down at the watch tower, or front gate. Could always use some new guards."

"Hm. Considered." Rin looked over at Josef for any nonverbal cues. "Three. Where can I get a drink around here?" Rin scowled, unsure if he was ready to take on Grim's response. Especially as he started cackling.

"Let me show you your digs first." He led them through a town made of reconstructed metal and garbage, through crowds of people in a town center, to an area lit with gaslamps. This was where they lived for now. It was a small duplex placed right next to another. There was a block of just these shoddily built homes. The door was made from a car door. All three of the men had to duck a little to get in. Once inside, it was obvious there were six cots in a room. A cooler - "And running water, here." Grim showed them a small faucet towards the back of the house. "The toilet's in this room here." It wasn't a room, it was a port-a-potty attached to the house with steel bearings.

"Great. Now where can I get a drink?" Rin rumbled. He mainly wanted to talk things over with Josef under the safety of a crowd.

"Down the street near town center, there's a sign that's got all that Sharpie on it. It says "Billy Blxck" with the x over the a. That's a bar. Its in a basement, a bomb shelter." He sniffed, the most honest he'd been all day.

"I might see you there after I'm done with my shift." He grinned menacingly and took his leave. "Thanks boys, see you tomorrow." He closed the door behind him with a large squeak.

{ ladies }

Once the nurse was gone, she blushed. Her sands turned pink and a deep rose as Ashi mentioned her satisfaction. She was a bit embarrassed by her silly statement, after all, who but a genie, would actually enjoy sand in their mouth? She glided towards Ashi now, bringing a hand to her cheek. She was happy to see she was unscathed. Her eyes looked Ashi up and down, protectively. "Yes, I must. As I am you servant." She grinned, letting her hand slide down to Ashi's collarbone. Her skin was so cold, and so smooth.

"Okay ladies, we've got a room ready for observation." Nurse Rose broke the sensual moment with ease, her shoes clopping into the room. Drishe turned back, her hand still on Ashi. She took her time to face the woman and follow her.

"Wonderful." She grinned, letting Ashi lead the way so that she could watch over her.

As Rose turned a corner, Drishe could sense something was wrong. Muffled screams and gurgling sounds seemed to pulse from every wall. "You see, we've got several infected here." Nurse Rose choked, her face showed obvious discomfort.

"Infected?" Drishe snarled. "Isn't this unsanitary?"

Nurse Rose looked Drishe straight in the eyes. "We still need to find that out... That's why we need you."

Drishe began panicking, her eyes darting back and forth, mind zooming in on the sounds of agony beyond these walls.

"Isn't there another way?" Her breathing was panicked.

"I don't think so. All of the people here, said that they were fine... They said they were healthy. And I don't trust supernaturals. I don't trust humans. I definitely don't trust mutants... I don't want to risk you being a supernat AND a mutant. This is quarantine, ladies, and if you can survive five days in here, then you are home free." She smirked, backing towards a door. "Your room is 12. Anyone who is dangerous to others will be locked down, you are completely safe from physical harm." She pushed the doors open, and closed them in front of her. She looked through the windows towards Drishe and Ashi. A button was pressed and the doors locked. Nurse Rose pointed her finger to the right behind the window to suggest where Drishe and Ashi should go.

Drishe looked back at Ashi, unsure of how she could protect her. She wasn't sure if she should break out of here and kill all of the people who got in the way, or if it was better to go through this just to ensure safety. She sighed deeply, and turned towards the right where the nurse suggested. Just as she thought, there was their room, #12.
Old Posted 11-19-2017, 08:25 PM Reply With Quote