View Single Post
Weaver of Webs
Default   #15  
“I shouldn't speak bad about Victor,” Yoruba repeated under her breath, exasperated. “And tell me, Anna, why not? Why can't I talk about him? You know, the word 'ass' is indicative of stupidity, which I am not nor am I showing any sign of it. On your end, however, I see a lot of hypocrisy, mind changings, and an inability to stick to one story. When you say we you really mean you. You were the one that suggested this nonsense and you are the one backpeddaling again on things you just said. How does that make any sense?” Yoruba was fierce and regardless of how cool-headed Anna appeared to be, her words said anything but and Yoruba was quick to point that out. Emily hated to agree, so she kept silent. The flip flopping on virtually every topic was not a good omen so she pressed her lips together and bowed her head.

“I didn't like Victor,” Yoruba added, quick to agree with the one true statement the woman had said, “But I will say that I could trust the man, bad and shitty decisions and all. That's one step above you, Anna.” Yoruba cracked her knuckles and then her neck as if she was bracing for some sort of battle. “That being said if we are actually going to work together, against my better judgment, I can get us flashbangs fire crackers, you name it I just need --” She trailed off when Anna pointed to the pile of stuff, “I might be able to work with this, but we'll need time. First, I need to make things that will actually work, then I'll need to replicate them twice more if they are reusable and if they aren't, I'll have to stock us up with plenty. Let's hope you can change my mind about you before we go in.”
All that is empty in the drawing should be filled in, the teacher said to us kids. First you sharpen the pencil to fill in the thin whiskers, then you use the thick crayon to fill in the wings with brown, meticulously and without letting the crayon leave the page. Six feet can be traced below the soft belly. Now, breathing is hard to detect on paper, the teacher said to me when I asked, but it is easier to feel it in real life.

Even insects breathe.

-Rawi Hage, Cockroach
Old Posted 06-11-2018, 09:18 PM Reply With Quote