Thread: Lock Please.
View Single Post
Posty McPostsALot
Default   #15  
Captain Averad approached the captain who was going through a long speech about the time it took to track him down and to now finally trap him and arrest him for betraying Wonderland so long ago.

"It is only a matter of time before the crew untangles the anchor. I'll get Shmee to unfurl the sails while I distract this captain, here," planned the captain of The Jolly Roger. After whispering his orders to Shmee, he approached the captain, a man named Cortez.

"So you apperantly captured the infamous captain of The Jolly Roger, did you now? Tell me Captain Cortez: do you fear death?"

"Why of course not, unlike you, pirate scum," he spat. "I am a conquistador and I-"

"Good, then why don't we play a little game? The price on my head is worth more to Wonderland alive than dead. Draw your sword and throw it at me. If you can knock the hat off of my head or kill me, then I will surrender. If not, you will surrender to me one piece of cargo on your ship, which I require for later travels."

One of the sailors on Cortez's ship nearly snapped at such a request, but he was stopped by Cortez who said, "This deal works out better for my men, and for me," he said. Kneeling down he said a quick prayer: "Lord, by your cross, let my blade fly true and do justice onto this man."

"Kneeling before me will not change the conditions of our little game, when you lose."

At this he finally snapped, and threw the blade at Captain Jaquez. However, although it looked as though he would hit The Jolly Roger's Captain, the boat rocked almost abruptly. Someone had loosened the cargo in the hold and it gave more momentum to the movements of the sea.

"You have failed to strike me, Captain Cortez. Give me the map to El Dorado," said Captain Jaquez.
"If he had any once of pride, he would meet my demands," Averad thought. "However, he did not expect to lose, so he will not be that type of man today.

"You!!!! CHEATER!!!!" Captain Cortez snapped angrily at Averad. Cortez drew his pistol, cocking the gun and lighting the fuse for it, but before he could fire, Averad drew his gun which was already prepared, and shot his gun, rendering it useless.

"You have lost to me, Captain Cortez, both in my game and in yours. BEGONE!" Averad yelled, and The Jolly Roger sailed off, the anchor finally untangled. Pulling his opponent's sword from the mast, he realized how good of an arm Cortez had. "If he had hit my hat, it would be ruined. If he hit me..."

"Shmee!" Captain Jaquez called to his first mate. "We're going to shore. We need to repair the ship and I need to seek out someone in the Lost Kingdom"

"Yes, of course, captain," Shmee said, dutifully.
Last edited by Funkduder; 06-14-2011 at 03:14 AM.
Old Posted 06-14-2011, 03:11 AM