View Single Post
Poconut Overlord
Morning of...April 2, 2014

I had a lot of dreams and they seemed to be connected but I'm writing this 4 hours after waking so I can't remember it very well. Here's what I got:

This takes place only a couple years after some supernatural post-apocalyptic event. A lot of areas are in ruin and the population is much less. However there are still too many people for the existing infrastructure. I'm a werewolf, well known for my magic and my part in liberating the country from a powerful ruling faction and restoring some semblance of the previous order. In primary city I'm a human resource manager basically managing the entire city's workforce. When suddenly an underground group assaults the building. There's an awkward scene, in the middle of all this commotion, where another werewolf and me get it on and produce like 8 were-pups that go out and kill enemies. xD

Anyway the building wasn't set up for a warzone so the defense isn't going well. Only half of the staff has been evacuated so I head down to their main point of assault to defend it myself. I find everyone already dead but the doors holding. Looking through the glass I can see the town badly damaged. At least along the street adjacent to the building.

But the moment I make in the room the glass doors and windows are shattered. The enemy is various human and demi-human alike dressed as a biker gang. I try to seal the doors with ice but my own strength isn't enough to keep the doors shut long enough for the ice to solidly "glue" them together.

So in the space of the door I create an ice wall. They have some pyromancers rapidly burning them away as quickly as I can reinforce every opening. I combine my ice walls with a immobility spell that makes them glow purple and freeze on the spot. They start to move again after a few seconds but that's all I need to keep the place properly defended long enough for two of my employees to run up and tell me the building has been evacuated.

We retreat up the stairs to the top floor. Everything is a mess. Tables and containers are turned over, rooms are barely navigable. We quickly grab anything that could be of use as we make for the rooftops. I decide I really have to pee so I stop at the bathroom in my office. There's no power but at least a window so I can see the toilet and take a leak. Before I do though I notice blood behind the shower curtains. There's no zombie like I feared but bloody hand print against the wall and no body.

I shout from the bathroom that there are dead people probably walking about. The short blond woman I call "Fae" tells me it's ok because of something I can't remember. Before the dream goes further I wake up to pee.

Going back to sleep the next part of the dream has me as the same character but trying to save some people who have been imprisoned and experimented on to increase their power (thus in turn increase the power of their masters). I remember being here once before where I only managed to save one of them. The first cell to go to is the one belonging to a teenage girl. I cancel out the energy shield somehow with my hands. She doesn't look to be in good condition so I help here out by letting hre lean on my shoulder. We make it maybe 12 feet, around a corner into a small room that leads to a stair case when she says they made her into a demon.

I tense slightly realizing for the first time that she isn't as weak as she seems and that she's been playing me. She notices my reaction and smiles behind her hair. Quickly I throw here away from me and demand to know her allegiance. The room is sealed so I have no choice to fight her. I feel a little sad because I know now they converted her and she's not the girl I used to know. We battle- she uses some fire but mostly earth based attacks. Everything is made of stone or clay so I'm not safe anywhere in the room.

Fortunately I have more experience so my own earth-magic cancels out hers. But she is relentless and I'm running out of energy. Then it gets weird. The whole battle pauses as we chat out how the scene should play out. As if this is a roleplaying forum game.
Old Posted 04-02-2014, 05:21 PM Reply With Quote