View Single Post
Weaver of Webs
[[Asset, you're fine. My goodness. XD I don't mind at all. I've had a busy, busy summer – it's all chill, no worries]]

Hell
Axle again checked the clock that was close to the entrance of the bar. Side work was already finished, so when the next person came he was out and he'd drag Nancy to get a phone and a hoverboard. “Spruced up?” Axle asked, shifting his eyes from the clock back down to his new hunting partner, “You mean like this?” He pointed at his eyes here, then gestured to the rest of his body. Lips pierced, tattoos covering his body from the neck down, and filled in eyes, he was truly a sight to behold. “You like pain? Because you've gotta at least tolerate it if you wanna end up looking like this. What if we start ya off small? Some sort of facial piercing. If you get a nose one done, you've gotta get another done too. Nose is too safe.”

Axle gave a low, amazed whistle, “So what brings ya to the shitty side of town, old timer? I bet you're loaded.” Olivia's eyes went wide when she saw the actual number, her jaw dropping a little bit. “Olivia and Red, huh? I'm Axle,” he said, nonchalantly looking at his nails. “So hunting partners, huh? You didn't happen to ask Olivia what her abilities were, right?” he was grateful Nancy said her name because either he'd forgotten to ask or already forgot, but either way he felt past the point of being able to ask without being rude.

Olivia read his lips and signed to Xander that she had no idea how to say her abilities in sign, but started writing on her whiteboard spelling out the words “Vibrokinetic Constructs”. Axle scratched his head. “Can't say I've heard of that one. Well, ah, I'm taking Nancy here to get a new cell phone and a hoverboard. I can get one for Olivia too if you're hurting for cash. Then, I propose a trip to the training facilities.”
Heaven
[[Oh...oh my...xD]]
Sage sighed, “I'm new, alright? I didn't even know what her abilities were before ten seconds before I got an icicle between the eyes...”Katarina looked at her nails, holding her hand out, fingers splayed.

“First rule of the Border? Expect the unexpected,” she said simply, a rather wry smile on her face.

Pursing his lips, Sage turned to Luka, “What was that? What are you thinking?”
All that is empty in the drawing should be filled in, the teacher said to us kids. First you sharpen the pencil to fill in the thin whiskers, then you use the thick crayon to fill in the wings with brown, meticulously and without letting the crayon leave the page. Six feet can be traced below the soft belly. Now, breathing is hard to detect on paper, the teacher said to me when I asked, but it is easier to feel it in real life.

Even insects breathe.

-Rawi Hage, Cockroach
Old Posted 06-30-2018, 04:38 PM Reply With Quote