View Single Post
Weaver of Webs
Default   #47  
Heaven
Sage laughed and clapped Luka on the back, “It's okay, Luka. You'll get the hang of it. Just gotta be careful what you send out, yeah? We'll just be glad you have a way to communicate with us.” He stepped back, however, eyes wide mouth agape as Luka appeared to be leaving his body. His body seemed to crumble before the group's eyes.

Katarina stood back as awe-struck as Sage was and without taking her eyes off of the crumbling boy she uttered, “What was it you said Luka's abilities were again? Because whatever this is? It looks useful...”

When the dust settled and Luka was back in place, his embarassments seemingly behind him, Sage walked over, placing both of his hands on his shoulders and looked at him dead in the eyes, “That. That was amazing. Your voice must have been more precious to you than most because that shit...that shit was amazing.”

Katarina looked from one boy to the other, finally turning to Avani, “What do you say to a spar to show the boys how the girls fight? Then maybe Luka and Sage can spar.”

Sage blinked, looking at Luka, “You ready for a show? Because I think that's what we're about to get.”
All that is empty in the drawing should be filled in, the teacher said to us kids. First you sharpen the pencil to fill in the thin whiskers, then you use the thick crayon to fill in the wings with brown, meticulously and without letting the crayon leave the page. Six feet can be traced below the soft belly. Now, breathing is hard to detect on paper, the teacher said to me when I asked, but it is easier to feel it in real life.

Even insects breathe.

-Rawi Hage, Cockroach
Old Posted 07-05-2018, 07:13 PM Reply With Quote