Thread: Games by Coda
View Single Post
Developer
Default   #131  
I realized I never bragged on my son's games -- he participated in Ludum Dare a couple times, and I'm hoping to talk him into trying again next time (September 29 - October 2) now that he's taken some real programming classes.
________

Ludum Dare 42 entry: Running Out of Space
His first jam ever, and the kid scored better than I did! Shows the power of a good idea. He was 11 years old and did the vast majority of the work. He picked out the graphics and sound effects by himself and did most of the programming. I provided technical advice, including teaching him some techniques along the way.

There are physics glitches. They are intentional. He thought it was fun.
________

Ludum Dare 44 entry: Game Over
He didn't try as hard on this one. He was really proud of the effects that he built, but he didn't care about fleshing it out into an actual game -- he got bored and decided to go play instead, so I roped him back into it long enough to get it submittable.
Games by Coda (updated 4/15/2024 - New game: Call of Aether)
Art by Coda (updated 8/25/2022 - beatBitten and All-Nighter Simulator)

Mega Man: The Light of Will (Mega Man / Green Lantern crossover: In the lead-up to the events of Mega Man 2, Dr. Wily has discovered emotional light technology. How will his creations change how humankind thinks about artificial intelligence? Sadly abandoned. Sufficient Velocity x-post)
Old Posted 09-18-2023, 11:23 AM Reply With Quote