View Single Post
Two Fish
----- T H A G H N E E L -----

Even though Kanna had diverse foods, they all seemed to look somewhat similar. Soups, broths, stews, vegetables, raw and cooked. All that really diversified her home planet were the regional spices and plants. Some regions were particularly spicy, some had a large amount of fish compared to others. Those were generally the more wealthy regions. She looked back at Zeke and then the board, blushing from a bit of anxiety and frustration. She'd never had someone buy her food besides family. It felt new.

"Well, I'll make sure they know you're eating well." She patted him on the back, smiling. Then she returned to the screen and pushed the dial on her sushi rolls until the machine repeated back to her "Fresh avocado roll - THREE" Then she scrolled down on the menu to find another page of sushi. She was in bliss. "I want to try this one too." She poked an image of a roll which seemed to have an entire fish on it, broken into pieces across the separated rolls. It was grilled and very long. It was bright purple though, which engaged Neel's curiousity.

"Wentung Spicy Roll - ONE" She licked her lips, even the name sounded yummy.

----- M E E Q A -----

She felt bad. Even worse now as the words came out of her mouth, however hard she had to force something up. "I-I." She rubbed her head, lights dangling behind her back. It was then that Magali brought up her situation. Meeqa's lights deepened to red tones, but overall brightened. She caught her breath. "I wouldn't want anything less for you, Magali. And you don't have to do this." Tears welled up in her eyes. Just after she'd told the girl that she was free from her family, her societal constraints and expectations, here she was. In a lounge, being bargained with like a piece of meat.

"Mistress won't mind. I won't mind. Until you find that person -" She put her hands on Magali's arms to try to look her in the eyes. "Do what you think is right. I don't want to tell you what you need. After all, we just met. I just don't want to get you into something that could ..." She rubbed her head again, now because she was out of words. She wasn't the best at saying what she needed to. That's why she preferred to speak in movements, in expressions, and in light. She pulled Magali in for a hug and held her until she pulled away.
Old Posted 11-11-2017, 07:32 PM Reply With Quote