View Single Post
Weaver of Webs
Default   #25  

---ZEKE---

Zeke laughed in a way that showed he wasn't actually amused, “No need to bother. Neither of them actually care. I'm just a tool for one to get back at the other and vice versa. That being said, don't feel guilty about my buying food for you. I get enough I don't know what to do with it. Just...trust me on this.” Having ordered his own meal, he led them to the spot he'd picked out. George was still perched on his shoulders, but she didn't look as attentive as usual. Rather, she was snoozing, her head and neck draped over one shoulder, her hind end and tail over the other, the occasional dreamy chirp coming up as she slept.

“The food doesn't usually take too terribly long, so don't worry, you'll be fed sooner rather than later,” Zeke said with a chuckle. “And sushi is a personal favorite of mine. The human country of Japan knew how to eat, I will definitely say that. Now, as for those plants. Do they need special equipment to grow?”

---MAGALI---

Magali felt terrible. Even moreso now that she could see that Meeqa felt terrible as well, and she couldn't help but feel it was her fault. She was letting Meeqa down the same way she'd let her village down. She looked up to the Mistress with sheepish eyes, then back to her friend. “I'm...I'm sorry,” she squeaked, her eyes involuntarily going to the ground as she choked back her own tears. She'd taken a couple of involuntary steps back and now her tail and backside brushed against the side of the stage.

The hug, however, brought her back. Magali melted into Meeqa's warm embrace and she closed her eyes realizing one thing. No matter what she chose, there was someone right here that cared about her. Already she meant something to someone and that was all she could ask. When the hug was broken, Magali felt cold, “I'm...sorry...but I think I need to work at something else...” But what?

Old Posted 11-12-2017, 07:36 PM Reply With Quote