View Single Post
Addicted to Trisphee
Karla grinned like a child receiving a holiday gift at the mention of the witch's nickname she let out a small laugh shaking her head "Let's just say, I'd hate to see her be held back or distracted because she doesn't have reliable means of transportation. Life is so much more enjoyable when you don't have such silly burdens tying you down." Karla glanced over the paperwork and nodded in agreement with the costs and labor. "So with these parts then her bike should run as good as new then? I'd like to see it last for atleast the majority of her remaining time here." Karla signed the paperwork acknowledging the payment of parts and labor sliding a copy of the invoice with her own belongings. She stared thoughtfully at the reptile wondering how to answer."That's just going to have to be my little secret! Let's just say she's caught my eye is all." Karla waved to the reptile as she headed back to the Library, hopefully Tara wouldn't scold her for interfering with student affairs. Her job afterall was to make sure the item dropped off and to remain until she was sure it was completely secured.

---------------
Ryan stood in front of the massive building in awe of how large the building was. Purple flame lettered the company logo as it shifted between purple, to green and finally blue before restarting its cycle. 'Magus Core' This was the largest manufacturer of enchanted items or magical focuses, pretty much any being with even an ounce of magick in their blood had their enchanted wares from magus core. Ryan swallowed approaching the large stone doors in front of him, they groaned as the weight shifted when he approached revealing an entrance for the young man.
He stepped inside to find himself in a large lobby sculpted from marble. "You must be Ryan Favor, Xelthar will see you immediately please step this way sir." The gargoyle Ryan assumed was only a statue hopped from his pedestal giving a small bow and pointed to the door behind him. He returned the motion before rushing through the door to find a middle age man sitting behind a desk with a quill and parchment.
"You must be Ryan, I expect you are ready to start your inspection?" The mans golden eyes gazed up to Ryan glancing at the suitcase he had brought.
"Uhh actually sir, I'm pretty sure i know what its causing your problems, I hate to suggest this but I'd like you to clear the building out for an entire day to do my work. I know its alot to ask but this matter is rather serious..." He glanced up to the creaking wooden beams above him, he shuddered a little before returning his attention to Xelthar awaiting his answer who eyed him suspiciously.
"Impossible. If we were to stop production for even one day we'd fall behind. You are to rid us of this spirit so we can move forward from this headache immediately, you have come highly regarded however don't believe you are entitled to order me such things."
Ryan sighed knowing it wouldn't be so simple to convince the man, no matter how important he felt it was. "Sir.. I'm afraid I've already determined the spirit to be a Skadegamutc. It's also known as a ghost witch, they are very malevolent spirits who only wish to cause serious harm or death to any living being it crosses. I'm afraid if I started when the building was occupied your workers lives would be in jeopardy."
Xelthar stopped the motion of his quill studying Ryan's face carefully as the man explained the situation and nodded. "Fine, very well you have 24 hours. Tomorrow at this time the witch ghost better have been taken care of Mr.Favor until then, I will let you begin your work."
Xelthar clapped his hands together sending a wave of energy traveling the entire building once it hit Ryan he found himself in a dark room, it was the same one he had entered however it appeared to be empty, he glanced around finding the entire building seemed to be empty though he could still sense the witch ghost's presence near by.
---------------
Karla answered the phone excitedly knowing Hannabelle had just reached the workshop. She frowned while she spoke into the phone. "Awww... not even a thank you first? I even went as far as to make sure you wouldn't have a problem with your bike any time soon. As for why...." Karla paused for a moment with a voice behind her interrupting her and the phone call. "Lady Karla! Its Tara! You better get over here right away, something is happening with the Book of the Dead!

Karla glared at the librarian sending the woman tripping over her own two feet in fright at the sight of her. "Do NOT mention the artifacts name here! Its to be kept hidden!! I'll be there in a moment to deal with it, just don't let anybody else enter the library for now." She glanced down at the phone realizing the witch probably overheard her and sighed before placing the receiver back up to her face. "I'm sorry Hannabelle, I'm afraid something important just came up, if you must know though I paid for your bike to be repaired because I find you to be fascinating and I'd hate for someone with such potential to be distracted from stressing about such a small thing, is that a good enough answer for now my 'sexy witch' ? " Karla looked towards Tara and jumped to her feet seeing something was indeed happening with the book she had brought with her. "I REALLY gotta go! I'm sorry. How about we meet up tonight? For dinner maybe? My treat! I'll meet you at the station if you are interested otherwise I can just head home from there! Bye!" Karla hung up the phone not letting the witch answer and rushed to Tara's side staring at the book that started to emit a strange energy. "What... the hell..? Its still sealed right? how is it doing that? Tara glanced out the window and pointed across the campus towards the large building overlooking it all.
"It seems like the book is reacting to another beings power in that building, I wonder who could be in the Magus Core at this moment to cause this..."
Old Posted 06-13-2018, 07:29 AM Reply With Quote