View Single Post
One Fish
Hello to one and all!

Welcome to our cozy Treehouse Fort for the sickies- and the care takers of sickies.

If you are living with a chronic illness and your "real life" friends and family just don't seem to understand, this Treehouse Fort can be your sanctuary ^_^

About the Kiddiss:
±± Please, feel free to call me Kiddiss or Kat. Either works for me ^_~ (but please, not "Kid"... I'm probably old enough to be your mom >.<)
±± I am owned by six wonderful cats... I speak about them often (you have been warned! LOL)
±± I have Fibromyalgia (FM) and Sjögren's Syndrome - two rheumatoid / auto-immune disorders. I was diagnosed in 2002.
±± I am deemed "Totally and Permanently Disabled" per insurance and Social Security guidelines. That means I cannot return to work... ever.
±± I take more pills than your Grandma and Grandpa combined LOL
±± Mondays are my "day off". I take a chemotherapy drug called Methotrexate at bedtime on Sunday nights. Those pills make me very nauseated for several days, but the first day (Monday) is always the worst... so I will rarely be seen on Mondays.
±± I poke fun at the fact that I am disabled. When people find that strange, I just tell them, "If I wasn't laughing about it, I'd be crying all the time- and I don't have the tears to waste on crying". :p
±± I'm married (just hit 8 years on February 29th! *whew!*), and I call him my husband-creature ^_^ We have been together since before the manifestation of my illnesses. That's really a lot for a partner to take on. He is usually understanding about my limitations - but there are times when he acts like I'm an able-bodied person. That pisses me off. It's one thing to make fun of it; but it's completely different when someone just expects you to be "un-disabled" simply because they want you to do something that is simply not physically possible.
±± If I ask you the same question or tell you the same story over and over, it's because of one of the symptoms that comes with Fibromyalgia, called "Fibro-Fog". It mimics Alzheimer's. The upside of this symptom is that I can laugh at the same joke as though each time I hear it, it's brand new to me ROFL ^_^
±± I like to joke around and have fun- but I do get some serious mood swings from time to time. I only ask that you look past my rants as they will quickly slip right out of my memory LOL
±± I am very open about my illnesses and the daily trials they bring. I ask that you, as a member of The Treehouse, be open with the rest of the members here... but only to your comfort point.
±± I tend to type really looong posts call "Wall 'o Text"
±± When I am experiencing severe Depression, as in suicidal thoughts/actions, I will withdrawal from just about everyone and everything in my life. I think I just found the name for this: Hikikomori I don't by actual age fit the description, but since my mind has regressed to that of (basically) my teenage years, I think it kinda fits.
±± If you would like to know more about me, please feel free to ask. This Hangout is designed to be very laid back and open.

So, that's pretty much me in a nutshell :3

And, now it's Miss Faux's turn <3
Last edited by Kiddiss; 04-21-2012 at 09:48 AM. Reason: removing sig
Old Posted 03-08-2012, 03:43 AM Reply With Quote