View Single Post
A*DIC*TED
Default   #19  
Engel sat impassively while he spoke of his creator. Watching her cry had been a strange experience for him. It had been the first, and so far only, time he had ever seen a human cry, and it still unsettled him a bit to think about.

The android did not try to resist the movements of his arm in any way, letting him do this maintenance unhindered. "She introduced a learning system into my programming early on that allowed me to emulate human responses. She spoke of wanting to bring me more stimuli to build my experience base but died before she enacted that plan. She believed it would allow me to generator a wider range of realistic responses for any scenario."

He fell silent when asked about his injury. "Another machine that Doctor Kastos altered in a similar manner... Doctor Kastos had a lab assistant that was in charge of our maintenance. When she came to delete our information and put us permanently offline the other machine categorized her as a threat and attacked her. While it is no longer in my required programming to defend human life, it is an action I may choose. She fled after I disabled the machine."
Answer my riddle to earn a prize!

You'll always feel it, but can never see it. It's strong but shatters easily. You can give it away but never hold it. What is it?

Pm me the answer, no cheating please!
Old Posted 01-10-2018, 01:17 AM Reply With Quote