View Single Post
Barrel of Monkeys
Default   #33  
Nokra’s eyes after a while finally started to center a little more on Mendez than Magali, the scent of crepes cooking in a pan setting his mind at ease. She seemed more than content cooking in the kitchen, and the redhead in front of his face didn’t seem like someone who would wanna snatch her up the moment his back was turned. The dude was also apparently into women he most certainly should not have been swooning over in the slightest. “It was weird to see one of us barking orders at someone instead of vice versa. Gives me hope at least. Even though the first one I had to see was…Him.” Nokra grunted, salt taking over his tone before he was back to gawking and watching over Magali again. “Figured you would at least put up a fight before getting eaten. Unless you’re…Into that sorta thing. I’ve seen people with creepier tastes.” Magali could have probably attested to that as well, knowing her profession before becoming freed. “No real destination, huh. Guess we’re just a bunch of nomads for the moment I guess. “

Moving off as much Fikri discussion as he could, Nokra took a sigh and vented outloud towards Mendez. “…You think…. You think the Pyra would help teach me how to fly?” Nokra asked, raising a brow and trailing a finger across the table, only to wince and reach over with his other hand to pull out a sliver. “I always like ships and such, and watching them. And no one trusted one of us near the helm when we were being shipping around the galaxy. I wanna watch stars and burn comet dust. Is that a stupid thing to ask for?”

Sighing for a moment, the Felis stopped and looked down towards the plate of crepes and then back towards Magali, finally scooping one up with a hand and scarfing it down as fast as he could. Light. Fluffy. It was like munching down a cloud, and Nokra closed his eyes and shook his head slowly, savoring each second the taste lingered in his mouth before he reached for another. “Fuck, Magali. Every time you cook, it’s perfect. You could probably turn whatever crud his girlfriend eats into something delicious.” Nokra said, snickering and shrugging his shoulder at Mendez. It was a playful jab, and hopefully Mendez took note of it, instead of going on the defensive.

“My cooking is fine.”

Nokra froze for a moment and looked over towards the doorway to spot the Terskix, lugging a large plastic bag that she tossed with relative ease towards the fridge. The woman seemed a bit peeved from her narrowed eyes, but Atrix moved over towards Mendez and draped her upper arms on him, pinching down gently with her pincers on his cheek. “It would be awkward to have to have your mate cook you in a pot. Meal.” She chided, giving Nokra a look of pure daggers; the male Felis shying for a moment and resorting to nibbling on his food.

=-=-=-=

“Bother? Gato, you’re one of the few people on here that doesn’t bother anyone really. Atrix is bothered by everything because we’re food so she doesn’t count.” Riola said with a snirk, before shaking his head and humming for a second. “We all got problems, si, but we need to stick together and help each other through them if we’re gonna be on the same ship for a while. Because I don’t see the bunch of us leaving for a while. The video of course, still burned in Riola’s mind, but there was some spark in his eyes. A hint of ‘I can’t do this alone’ that finally smacked him into reality. “Besides, your problems coincide with mine unfortunately. Got a blue-haired pendeja to deal with.”

Riola nodded slowly and pursed his lips; his face souring for a moment as he spoke. “Starting over. It’s gonna suck. We lost a good couple of decades of stolen goods and intelligence. Never mind the fact Edensia is probably spewing out all sorts of propaganda out at us as we speak. We’re not gonna get a lot of people on our side.” Riola said with a dejected sigh. Rubbing his eye, the Edensian muttered to himself in Edensian before looking around. “But I mean. We can always find people. Mercs’ll fight for us. We can find a few bleeding hearts in them to work for bettering a planet, right?”

“I mean, if they want work, or something to give them a tiny bit of purpose, they can hitch on the old rebel train I guess.” Riola said with a snicker before nodding in agreement with Fikri. The better they knew they were sheltered with ‘Terrorists’ that are wanted by two planetary governments, the better they could really choose to stay, or get dropped off at the safest and nearest port they could find. And that was hoping the two didn’t try and sell them out on top of it all.

The topic reared to the Mendez and Riola sucked his teeth. He wanted to have a bit of hope for Mendez. But Atrix was too much of a wildcard when it came to relationships. When the whole of a species is bent on eating you, it was hard to put aside the prejudices towards the Terskix. Especially since she was considered the prime example of their warriors, or something like that. “Same, Gato. I was hoping she would have just offed him right then and there, so we didn’t have to hear her munch on him while he was alive or something. Then the next thing, I’m walking by their room and trying to wish I was deaf because they’re going at it. Dios Mio.”

“Well, you were denying it pretty hard. Made you sound a tiny bit on the guilty side, but that’s just me, Gato.” Riola said, before raising a brow and giving him a sly grin. “I would’ve told him all the things I’d do to her just to get him to hit me and be done with it. Then again, not sure Rosa’d be very happy in that regard too, so I’ve kept my mouth shut. Didn’t even really look at Magaloo or whatever her name is. Magali? I think that’s it.” A small pause. “Well, I won’t push you or anything, Fikri. Love hurts sometimes. And you can choose to not start looking for as long as you want. I just wanna make sure you don’t dwell on it forever. From what little I know of Vail? Doesn’t seem like brooding would be what she wanted. Correct me if I’m wrong though…”

=-=-=-=-=

If there was one thing that both Ashi and Hyun were thinking of, it was the thoughts about the heads between thighs. Not that Hyun had any worries. It was more of a bizarre worry that the moment Ashi’s pants were off, Hyun was gonna look at tentacles, or a surprise penis. She didn’t know shit about Daoweians, and whatever horrors they might have between their legs. Tugging at the bent tendril again, Hyun huffed and fumbled around the bottom and under the couch with her foot, using toes to take hold of what looked like a pair of shears. “Hey, Ashi. Take hold of this tendril, and snip where it’s bent. Shit hurts like a bitch.” She grumbled. “But yeah, I’ll make sure of that. You’re gonna pack heat and shit, Ashi. Also you look fuckin’ nervous. Stop it.”

Hyun laughed and tugged at some of Ashi’s tatters, before waggling her browflesh. “Yeah, the whole dirty little street girl is something I don’t find attractive. Feel like I’m taking advantage of a gutter whore or something. Next you’ll be wanting to trade off a kidney or something for a few qantas or a hot meal packet or something.” Hyun said with a small shrug of her shoulders, reaching over and giving a chill little touch with a free hand. “Martial arts are nice too, but I mean. Only so much. Try some fancy kung-fu or something on Shaldag and he’d probably just sit on you and punch you until your lungs stop working.”

The Chuzizian did sigh however. If it was her home though, Ashi was eventually going to be going there. And then it would have to turn into the whole ‘Opening up’ far more than she had ever intended to. The thought made Hyun frown for a moment and the pink-colored woman already began working on plans of self-sabotaging herself and this relationship if the princess kept pestering. Maybe in time, but so soon? Not a chance in whatever Daowei had for a hell. Though those thoughts immediately dissipated when Ashi’s only good arm wrapped around Hyun, and the woman snuggled into her neck. This was…nice. “Kia’s still alive, but she shouldn’t be. I can’t wait to see if X-Kill is gonna wipe her out. Then Zi can start looking again for some chick who is better. For reals.” Hyun laughed, shaking her head, “I’d rather see Zi with something worth her time, you know? Gotta look past all that tough shit and whatnot. Look at me, sounding like some sorta literature nut.”
Old Posted 10-25-2017, 07:01 PM Reply With Quote