View Single Post
Weaver of Webs
Mendez took a bite as the conversation rolled on letting the sweetness fill his mouth. He couldn't remember the last time he'd had anything sweet, anything for more than just survival really, and the thin crepes with their sugary filling was almost Heaven. “Yeah, he's a good one to look to for that. Before all this shit went down, he was a completely different man. I just hope he's able to return to normal eventually,” the half-Edensian muttered in between mouthfuls. “Put up a fight? That would be pointless. I know how strong, how predatory she can be. As far as I'm concerned, if she wants to eat me, she's going to—whether I run and fight it or not. Besides, I like being around her. I've seen hints of feeling...I think there's some soft under that hard exterior. But only time and patience will tell that, si?” He leaned back in his seat, crossing his ankles in front of him and lacing his fingers over his belly. “Mm. At this point, amigo? I think she'd be unwise to not hire another pilot. But, I don't know her as well as Fiks does. He's been her right hand man since the beginning of all of this. If you don't ask the pilot herself, I'd as him, hermano.”

Magali was simply elated. They liked it. Mendez's plate was gone, and she could see by Nokra's expression that he loved it. He was the one she really wanted to see pleased. He'd taken care of her for so long, making him delicious food was the least she could do, and if she'd be able to see him make that face every time she cooked? She'd do it every day. Blushing, she looked over to Nokra sheepishly with his high praise, “Thank you, Nokra!” That smile returned to her face, “What does his girlfriend eat?” Another stack of crepes rose up and it was this that Magali now picked up, turning to the door, “I think I'm going to take this to Fikri. I'll be right back to eat mine in here, okay?"

“Humanoids. If ah, she can help it. That's what she eats. I doubt it's anything you've ever made—or would care to make,” Mendez said laughing, turning his gaze to the doorway. The Terskix was carrying her spoils over her shoulder and Magali paled, now forced to believe what Mendez said. He was the only one in the room that didn't look at her with pure terror when she came in and Mendez got to his feet, grinning. That corpse meant he'd live to see another day. “Welcome back! Magali was just making us crepes.”

Magali's lips were pressed tightly together as she nodded vigorously, still holding Fikri's food. “Mhmmm, I made crepes if you'd like any. You can have these and I can m-make m-more if...if you want?”
=-=-=

This actually got Fikri to flash a smile, however brief it was. “Nokra's got problems with me too.” Riola was right. There wasn't a person on the ship that didn't come with their own set of problems; maybe it was better that they did work together. He was already planning on working with Riola because where he stood, their fates were already entwined anyway. If they weren't before with Rosalind, they were now ten fold now that Vail was killed. “Heh. At least when we're done with her, that's two people's problems that will be taken care of. Speaking of blue-haired pendejas... Do you think the princess survived that beat in?” He hoped she did. She was nice.

“If she did make it, theoretically, we could work with her. She was a goddamned princess. I'm sure she had connections. If I heard her correctly, she's planning on stirring all sorts of shit. We could see what she thinks about that and maybe...just maybe...we could get her to help us, supply new recruits. If not? We may have to pick up more money to pay for mercs. Rosie's been kind of lax with charging customers, and the ones we have now I don't know that she ever will,” Fikri said, running a hand through his hair as he plopped back down onto his bed. “We need to figure out a way to pay for them.”

Fikri laughed, “Yeah, not exactly the most pleasant thing to listen to. I made sure to pick a room that was at least one away from theirs so I wouldn't have to hear it through the walls.” he shook his head, “I was only denying it because he kept bringing it up. I told him, like I told you, that I'm not in the market.” He nodded slowly, taking a deep breath, “No. No. You're right. About all of it. She wouldn't want me to dwell on it. And I'm not out of the market forever, maybe. We'll see if time really does heal all wounds. Maybe I'll take up meditating.” Meditating. Yeah. Vail would encourage that.
=-=-=

Ashi blinked looking at the tendril. It did look painful, but one of her arms was immobile and she didn't know how she could complete the task with only one available hand. “Ah, sure,” she squeaked, “Could you uh...hold the end for me so I can use the shears?” She tried to put on a brave face, but she was worried that she'd muss up and hurt Hyun, possibly the last thing she wanted to do to her. Swallowing she looked back to Hyun and smiled, “Sorry...ah...about that. I'm just not used to having a girlfriend. And one like you on top of it all! That...that and I really don't want to hurt you when I do this, Hyun.”

Ashi's cheeks colored being in such close proximity to her, and when her clothes were being tugged at, her mind couldn't help but drift back once again to the heads between thighs comment and she wanted to swoon. Instead, she said chuckling, “As soon as I am able to clean myself, you won't have to be feeling like that. I may have renounced my throne, but I will still keep up my hygiene. As it stands right now though, I don't think it's a good idea...” The chill touch sent a pleasant shiver down Ashi's spine and she wondered briefly if the ganglord was trying to tease her into madness. But then, there was a chance that little touches like this were common with having a significant other and she just wasn't used to it so every little movement was enough to set her off. “Yeah, but it's the best chance I have against larger opponents. If I can't fight them one on one, then escape is always an option. After all, that is what Daoweians are best at.”

Ashi bit her lip making a mental note to not bring up that subject again. If Hyun wanted her to see it, she would see it eventually. She'd just be grateful that she had her now. Best not to push things where they didn't need to be pushed. “I like Kia,” Ashi returned with a bit of a sigh. Of all of Zi's significant others she'd had throughout the series, Kia was her favorite. This was probably in part to the fact that of all of them, Kia was the one that she related to the most. “Yeah? Who was your favorite of her girlfriends?”
Old Posted 10-25-2017, 10:48 PM Reply With Quote