View Single Post
Weaver of Webs
Default   #25  
Hell
Olivia was radiant, lighting up for the first time since she died. For the first time since she died, she didn't regret her sacrifice. She'd given up what was most precious to her – music – and left herself in solitude, and for what? Some sort of shiny weapon summoned to kill angels? She hadn't even used it yet. Was it possible it was for nothing? Xander showing up changed that. The music she could never get back, but now there was no need for solitude. That would be wonderful! And I thought I was lucky to have only one person to talk to. Do you live around here?

Axle reached his arm over the bar for her to shake and when she didn't quite grasp what it was he was trying to convey he just nodded toward his hand, “Then it's a deal. We'll be partners. I'll train ya. By the time I'm done with you, you can get a penthouse near Purgatory you'll be able to kill so many. Did you read about your abilities yet?”
All that is empty in the drawing should be filled in, the teacher said to us kids. First you sharpen the pencil to fill in the thin whiskers, then you use the thick crayon to fill in the wings with brown, meticulously and without letting the crayon leave the page. Six feet can be traced below the soft belly. Now, breathing is hard to detect on paper, the teacher said to me when I asked, but it is easier to feel it in real life.

Even insects breathe.

-Rawi Hage, Cockroach
Old Posted 06-14-2018, 10:45 PM Reply With Quote