View Single Post
Confused

Heaven
Avani recalled a time when she felt similarly to Luka. She was petrified when she had first entered Heaven. She didn't have a clue what she was doing; she almost couldn't believe it was real.

"Hey, doll. You doing okay?" Avani stood frozen outside of her apartment. Her lips quivered slightly as she tried to capture reality. She kept slipping in and out of her mind. She could still feel his calloused hands on her skin and the fiery liquid seeping into her eyes. Her screams repeated inside of her head. She still pleaded and begged. But it was over now. It was all over, and now she was starting again. Hun? You don't seem so well. Do you need a drink?

Avani finally pulled away from her the prison in her head. It's thick, metal bars crumbling away like Autumn leaves under her feet. She was welcomed with a sweet and crooked smile. "You're new here aren'cha? Avani only offered a quiet nod in response. That's okay. I'll show ya' around. It's always scary on the first day.

The very tall woman took her hand and pulled her along the shimmering sheets. I'm Bobbi. What's your name, honey? Bobbi's gravelly voice was comforting and blocked out all negative thoughts. Avani felt warm almost instantly.

I'm Avani. Her accent was heavy and rich then. She spoke quietly, though, so it went almost completely unnoticed.

Bobbi smiled sweetly before pulling her through an alley. It was busy and dirty. She wondered where this woman was taking her. Old wooden boards stretched across the metal staircases that clung to the side of the buildings. Neon lights flickered in the sun that crept through the cracks between the sagging boards. The sign burned a Saturday night kind of pink and greeted the two girls before they entered.

It took a little for her eyes to adjust to the dim lighting. The fresh coffee ground smell permeated through the air and fairy lights hung lowly around their heads. "I've gotta new one!" Bobbi exclaimed. Avani, stilled confused, observed her surroundings and tried to decipher just where she was.

People sat in bean bags and old, tattered couches. Each person looked nothing like the other, but they all were grinning and happy. Some held books in their hands and others chatted quietly amongst themselves.

"What is this place?" Avani asked in a low voice.

"You can think of it as a safe place." Bobbi smiled widely. "You can feel protected here." She rested a reassuring hand on Avani's shoulder before introducing her to the rest of the crew. "This is Avani. She's a new angel here!

Different voices welcomed her into the coziness of the room. Avani was ushered over to an open space on one of the couches. Bobbi brought over some water for Avani before sitting down herself.

Avani wasn't scared anymore. She knew she would be alright.

This was a strange way for her to become accustomed to Heaven, but she figured it would be nice if Luka had that same treatment. "If you don't want to do it, you don't have to, but just know that we would look out for you." Avani grinned. "Us angels have to stick together and watch each other's backs."

Luka bit his lip. He was terrified of what this all could mean for him. He didn't want to die again, but he also knew that if he didn't hunt, that would happen anyway. Luka didn't want to abandon Sage either. Yeah, I'll do it. We do have to stick together. Luka turned back to Sage and offered a smile and a small nod. I can do it.
imanASSet
Old Posted 06-18-2018, 11:11 PM Reply With Quote