View Single Post
Weaver of Webs
Default   #37  
Love is eternal...

The words rang through her ears providing her with conflicting and conflating thoughts, crashing against each other like the horns of deer. Love is eternal. That's why her heart was still broken and that's why it hurt knowing that the pair would be separated. Willingly, no less. That is, if he was planning on leaving her on some gods forsaken planet that wasn't, nor could ever be, her home. “I...I want to fish,” Qi said finally, hushed, like speaking too loud would ruin the moment. It was a moment that shouldn't be spoiled no matter what, even if Qi couldn't decide if it was a bad one or a good one, “But what after? Will you leave me then, like Lei?” She knew he knew of whom she spoke. She could feel him in her mind, wrapping his delicate fingers around her soul, around her heart.

But she didn't want to stop it.

Not yet, not ever. “I want to know what happens after.”

=-=-=-=

Damon looked at Tennan, blinking, then Roek looked at Tennan, blushing. In the commotion, neither of them seemed to remember that there was a naked woman in their presence though they both had witnessed the debacle that put her that way, Roek quickly unbuttoning his overcoat and thrusting it in Tennan's direction with an outstretched arm shielding his eyes. Damon, too, shielded his eyes (however little he wanted to) and began undoing his pants, thankful that today was not a day he felt like freeballing it. Instead, he had on a pair of undershorts that were fairly modest in their appearance, and he was grateful that he happened to glance at the poisoned Marco in time to prevent a tent from pitching.

Allowing Tennan to dress, the twins finally turned to Marco, who was still in the place he'd been put, trying to wipe away tears and screaming with pain. They knelt down on either side of him, wrapped his arms about their shoulders and lifted him up. “We've got t'flush this out right away,” Damon murmured, seeing the full extent of the damage. Most of the venom looked to have washed away, but some got into at least one of Marco's eyes.

“Medic'll fix you up right proper,” Roek added grinning. “Tennan, we can get ye proper clothes on the ship, but we've got t'take care of one that can't regenerate.”
All that is empty in the drawing should be filled in, the teacher said to us kids. First you sharpen the pencil to fill in the thin whiskers, then you use the thick crayon to fill in the wings with brown, meticulously and without letting the crayon leave the page. Six feet can be traced below the soft belly. Now, breathing is hard to detect on paper, the teacher said to me when I asked, but it is easier to feel it in real life.

Even insects breathe.

-Rawi Hage, Cockroach
Old Posted 04-24-2018, 06:10 AM Reply With Quote