Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Moderation Admin
Default Roleplay Brainstorming Session / OOC Thread   #1  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zypher
You may set up and discuss your Roleplay here.
Hey guys!

I know some of us said that we'd like to do some roleplaying once the site opened, so I'm happy to put this thread up to discuss ideas for the new forum! :'D

I don't know what you guys are into, but I prefer either fantasy, sci-fi, or realistic. I usually prefer to do original roleplays, i.e. not based on anime, manga, etc., but if we come up with something cool then I'm game.

Suggestion(s)
  • I was thinking that we could do something involving either a catastrophe that either scarred earth (which would evolve into survival/powers/zombie) or destroyed the earth completely (survival/powers/space/etc).

• I would also like to do something in the land of Ancient Greece or Egypt because I'm really interested in mythology. This could involve being god(desse)s, being the messenger, or just being people during these times.

Well, do either of those sound interesting to anyone? If so, and you think a tweak might make it better, suggest it here. If not, feel free to counter with something else.

I honestly just want to roleplay here. :'DDD
Old Posted 07-22-2010, 04:14 PM Reply With Quote  
writing machine in bad repair
I also don't like to roleplay based off outside media, and prefer to make up an original plot.

Both the suggestions sound interesting. The first one sounds like it'd be the most accessible to people. The Egyptian one, while cool-sounding (I love Egyptian mythology) might require too much research and that could bog down the roleplay. I like the combination of destroyed/scarred earth plus survival/powers. It's a simple premise, but a really sound one.

Old Posted 07-22-2010, 04:25 PM Reply With Quote  
Moderation Admin
Default   #3  
Then scenario one seems to be pulling ahead. :'3

Is there anything you could suggest that might make it appeal to you personally?
Old Posted 07-22-2010, 04:33 PM Reply With Quote  
Resident ghost caracal
Ooh, I love Ancient Egypt mythology and all that. ^^

Maybe we could combine both suggestions in a way? Modern, maybe somewhat furturistic, mythical RP?
... Anyone knows Shadowrun? >o>
~ Hello, I am Sadrain, a ghost Caracal, but you can call me Rainy.
Nice to meet you. =^-^= ~
~Questing: Yearlies, RIGs, Lot of MIs, RUNES (always), Aurum
Shop: Selling MOST EIs | NOT updated buying thread ~

|~ Status:
Questing so much things I don't know where to start ~|

~Manning Crow's Nest on Haunted Galleon under Captain Lawtan's rule ~
Old Posted 07-22-2010, 04:36 PM Reply With Quote  
The Illusionist
Default   #5  
Oooh I can't wait, I don't roleplay much because the site I do go on that has a lot of people roleplaying my friends stalk the crap out of me and ruin the threads... >.<
Old Posted 07-22-2010, 04:43 PM Reply With Quote  
Resident ghost caracal
o3o how so? O:

|~ Status:

Old Posted 07-22-2010, 04:51 PM Reply With Quote  
The Illusionist
Default   #7  
Its simple, I post in a roleplay... 3 Friends come like that... With no interests at all with roleplaying... Who brings one friend who brings 20 friends then we have 100000000000000 people in a split second not caring to roleplay but to talk to me... It's probably because I don't talk much to my friends on that site.. I have been watching A LOT! Of new animes lately which has been taking my summer time...
Old Posted 07-22-2010, 05:02 PM Reply With Quote  
Resident ghost caracal
o3o; that's weird. I mean, if you don't rp much, then won't you get kicked out of the thread soon anyways. >o>

|~ Status:

Old Posted 07-22-2010, 05:09 PM Reply With Quote  
The Illusionist
Default   #9  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sadrain View Post
o3o; that's weird. I mean, if you don't rp much, then won't you get kicked out of the thread soon anyways. >o>
xD The people will notice the people just came to talk to me so it will be my fault and I will have to deal with it. I post in orderly roleplays that want neatness... And well... This happens...
" ZOMG YOUR ON, HOW HAZ YOU BEEN!?"
x.x
Then
"Illusion deal with this ok?"

So I'm excited to be on a site that my friends shall never knowist about!!!!!!
Old Posted 07-22-2010, 05:28 PM Reply With Quote  
Resident ghost caracal
@_@
Oh gosh, it kind of sounds like your friends are quite rude. XD Aren't there profile messages and PMs to do that trough? >O>

|~ Status:

Old Posted 07-22-2010, 05:36 PM Reply With Quote  
Default   #11  
Maybe Sadrain is on the right track. Perhaps we could combine Egyptian mythology and the post-apocalyptic survival setting? Powers inspired by the Egyptian pantheon, maybe?

Old Posted 07-22-2010, 06:06 PM Reply With Quote  
The Illusionist
OR! Or... We can do a roleplay based of High School of the Dead manga/anime ;D
Surviving a Zombie Apocolyspe at a school anyone?
Or a world filled with adults playing with children trading cards? xD
Or an adventure.. IN SPAAACCEEEE!!!!!!!
Old Posted 07-22-2010, 06:38 PM Reply With Quote  
Default   #13  
To be honest, I've never understood the appeal of zombies. They've become a bit of a cultural hurricane, and I feel like I've been left in the dust. I don't find the mythos of zombies to be that interesting (at least things like vampires can be twisted into different legends, explanations, etc.) and "zombie wasteland" stuff just depresses me more than attracts me.

Old Posted 07-22-2010, 07:03 PM Reply With Quote  
The Illusionist
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny View Post
To be honest, I've never understood the appeal of zombies. They've become a bit of a cultural hurricane, and I feel like I've been left in the dust. I don't find the mythos of zombies to be that interesting (at least things like vampires can be twisted into different legends, explanations, etc.) and "zombie wasteland" stuff just depresses me more than attracts me.
I like zombies, but it has to be with a good story. Not that reused bull crap you see ever so often..
I never appealed to vampires.. The only vampires I like is Twilight but yet I hate them still.. VAMPIRES DON'T SPARKLE DAMMIT!!
But I feel zombie storys are very action adventurish but I have to say, roleplays about zombies can't stay long! For zombie roleplays to go on and on does get boring so its one of those roleplays that must end quick.
Old Posted 07-22-2010, 07:08 PM Reply With Quote  
Default   #15  
See, I like vampires because, when done right, they have all the ruthless killing tendencies of zombies, but can also be thinking creatures and take over cities and have a militaristic command. That way you've got the possibility of protagonists getting killed, maimed, horribly ripped to shreds, or turned to the other side against their will (prime dramatic territory, emotionally speaking) but you've also got the possible "larger picture" plot of vampires becoming a governmental force for the protagonist rebels to take down.

Old Posted 07-22-2010, 07:12 PM Reply With Quote  
The Illusionist
I understand that xD More room for creative activity with the vampires, rather then less with zombies.

But still to me, vampires are rather over used and boring. People say the same for zombies and I don't argue cause I agree sometimes. People need more original ideas ;D
OOOOOHHHH I got a new idea now!!!

A roleplay about a animal that reproduces so much it will flood the world because of the overproducing of the animals. And because of the overproducing a lot of them have mutated quickly leaving room for many possibilities ;D Who likes this idea?
Old Posted 07-22-2010, 07:20 PM Reply With Quote