Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Poconut Overlord
Default [1x1] Shattered Angel & Jurinjo ~ Collide   #1  
Quote:
In about 4.5 Billons years 2 cosmic events will take place.

First thing I want to say is that our Galaxy, the Milky Way, will experience a "collision" with the Andromeda Galaxy. Though secondly around the same time Earth's sun will go red giant and make Earth uninhabitable if it survives at all.

How our people could be alive at this point is up for debate I have a couple ideas but I'll but discussing that on hold. See when the Andromeda galaxy clashes into ours something strange happens. We don't know if maybe galaxies somehow follow different laws or the clash of all the colossal energy in stars is causing the phenomenon we are experiencing. Somehow we are experience what past cultures would call magic. How it is possible or its effect on the universe and otherwise is unknown just that we can now use it. But only to varying degrees from person to person.

Studies are being done on it as I speak...as is the struggle for our survival. Our planet gone, we work around the clock on galaxy models to avoid being anywhere near a star crash or any of the intense waves of energy that are bursting away from these crashes.
World Setting Above. What has happened so far: Roku and Terra have learned that the other is an elf as well. But while they are racially bonding something from myths attacks the Lindblum...

The Original Thread (note: It's on another avatar site)
Last edited by Jurinjo; 01-22-2012 at 07:05 PM.
Old Posted 11-14-2011, 10:40 AM Reply With Quote  
Poconut Overlord
>Name Rokkudo Daisen
>Age 18
>Race Desert Elf
>Skills mechanical/crafting skills, close combat proficiency
>Magic Roku has a rare ability to mimic a foe's skill be it magic or not.
>History Roku was raised according to old-traditions but as the world races ahead of traditions in the name of scientific advancement he found himself conflicted. He wanted maintain his honor in the eyes of his own kind, but did not want to be left behind by his (mostly) human friends who were more in-tune with the modern world. I was fortunate that he had connections to people in the modern world as by word of mouth he was able to escape the sun's transition to Red Giant. However he wasn't able to save his family. Roku takes what he's got to make the best of it. He has resolved to carry on some traditions in memory of his past.
>Appearance Dark olive skin and brown hair. Due to his desert elf heritage his ears are bigger allowing him to survive in high temperature as well as other adaptions to such an environment. In the cold of space he's taken to always wearing a hat to cover his ears, it also keeps his growing hair out of his eyes. Roku's clothes tend to drift towards brown/green color scheme. The on thing he will never be spotted without is the family crest he bears around his neck in a gold chain.
Old Posted 11-14-2011, 10:45 AM Reply With Quote  
Derp
Default   #3  
Name: Terra
Race: Forest Elf
Appearance :
Her ears are usually hidden by her hair, tied that way deliberately. The only time her ears are visible is when it is down and the tips poke though.
Skills: Cooking, healing, medicine, gardening, crafts/music
Magic: Terra has an unusual connection with nature, plants grow at her command, bend to her will, if it is based with nature, she can manipulate it
History: Terra's parents taught her in the ways of nature and the Earth herself but above all, how to blend into the city she grew up in. The forests in which the forest elves came from were diminishing rapidly which had forced them to blend into the cities and care for there beloved earth via the parks. Thanks to her upbringing she managed to get away safely from the earth as it changed, referring to it in her own mind and by what her parents had taught her before they died while she was still a child, as "Gaia's Anger"
Old Posted 11-14-2011, 01:53 PM Reply With Quote  
Poconut Overlord
"What stories?" he asked urgently looking at the start of the commotion.

While humanity did bring stores of weapons with them only the guards had weapons...and they were meant more for subduing unruly citizens not those vaguely humanoid things. As advanced as human technology was there was an extent to which the ship's surfaces could take damage without impacting hull integrity in some way. And unfortunately they were standing in the Lindblum's largest compartment- also the least shielded to space as it was designed to allow free movement of outdoors that the near constant hallways of the rest of the ship couldn't offer.

"Never mind. It's not necessary. Those-" he said with a steely glare "-need to die either way." Roku then turned to face Terra.

"Ready? If circumstance allows us I want to get to my room outside the biodome. It's towards the aft of the ship where engineering is." Now that he thought about it, would it be safer there or towards the bridge?

[I called the biodome "atrium" first but...eh. Still working out the Lindblum's design in my mind as a colony ship. Feel free to add on if you feel the need for it. I only have what's been described.]
Old Posted 11-15-2011, 06:30 PM Reply With Quote  
Derp
Default   #5  
"The Reavers..."

A tremor ran through Terra as the stories flashed into her mind, wrapping her arms around herself in a tight hug.

"They will not die easily..Out here, in the Herb-atrium, it's past the biodome. The medical units are all within it, just like the living quarters. There may be many places to hide here but we will be needed within the biodome should things progress to worse..which it will.."

Pulling on a loose cardigan, Terra ran past Roku, heading towards the medical area and also where the children played, making sure her hair stayed tied up properly as she ran bare foot down the passage ways.
Old Posted 11-16-2011, 11:07 AM Reply With Quote  
Poconut Overlord
Roku looked opposite of where Terra ran. He second guessed following her for a moment. It would've been nice to fight with weapons he was familiar with but war isn't nice. This battle, he assumed, was the first of many to come. Comfort could wait. Until he got ahold of something Roku would have to find some satisfaction out of killing one with his bare hands. He followed behind her on full alert for any immediate danger to themselves, and of course for anything useful.

(I woudl like to know more about these reavers...how alike are we keeping them to the originals from firefly? (a portion of the human race already having colonize a world to mimic the experiment in Serenity would be quite scandalous...but then it might be a ship-board experiment...then again Terra has heard of them before now...)
Last edited by Jurinjo; 01-19-2012 at 10:03 AM.
Old Posted 01-19-2012, 10:01 AM Reply With Quote  
Derp
Default   #7  
(Well I was thinking more like they tales from firefly, that people went too far into the black and lost their minds. Terra's only hear of whispers of stories ^^ I like firefly idea of them going too close to the black on loosing thier minds, maybe it would have been a ship born experiment that ended up going wrong from drifting so long?)

Terra would stop after a while of running, kneeling in front of a small, terrified child who'd been separated from his mother. Gently picking up the small child in her arms, Terra returned to her rush to the medical rooms, though moved at more of a fast walk so nor to alarm the child further.
When she arrived at the Medical rooms, people were rushing all over the place, preparing for the worse. Sitting the child down on one of the beds, she quickly checked over him to make sure he was ok before giving him something sweet to eat to keep the child occupied while she tried to see if there was any way to assist there before it all kicked off.
Old Posted 01-20-2012, 02:58 PM Reply With Quote  
Poconut Overlord
(( "too far into the black"? Like in outer space? Kind of unavoidable for a space faring race looking to colonize. <.< I like the last idea. Isolation may have made them forget about their roots with the other humans so yeah drifting into "the black". (whatever that is lol) btw I've kinda decided the ship's history. Humans have been out in space long enough to decide to build new ships. The Lindblum is among them. While there are no habitable planets yet that doesn't mean there aren't planets with valuable resources. It utilizes a new artificial gravity technology that doesn't require clever ring designs within the ship (essentially making all earlier ships with gravity giant flying saucers). While it is capable of space flight it is primarily designed more like a space station/city built into a rock. I already thought of more since...well creating world settings are one of my favorite things to do ^-^; Anyways onto the post that'll be short compared to the ooc))

So far regular people were small pickings. Only those that got in the way were harmed by the Reavers. There didn't seem to be a whole lot of dead about, however he gathered from the others in the atrium that they were actually kidnapping citizens.

Roku approached Terra. "Hey more guards are on their way. And better equipped this time." Reavers, while not impervious, resisted stun guns enough to make taking one down a real bitch.

"These Reavers are only taking resources. Still some damage was done to equipment during this conflict. I've been called down to the Docks. See ya Terra." he waved then ruffled the kid's hair.

((btw I'm thinking what happens. Roku could end up getting captured while down there and Terra follows after them.
Old Posted 01-20-2012, 05:42 PM Reply With Quote  
Derp
Default   #9  
(Lol well by 'the black' I mean past the outer rim (Sorry Firefly terms) where it is nothing but black emptiness, not even stars or planets and such, all there is black, make sense now? Ohhhh I love that idea about the history ^^)

Terra would catch Roku's arm gently as he turned to leave and took one of the flowers which was nestled into her hair, keeping part of it back, placing it gently in his hand.
"Be careful ok? It's strange that they are only taking resources, from the stories I've heard..it's not right..so just..be careful"
After gently closing his hand around the crimson flower, Terra let go of him and set the child down gently.
"I'll come looking for you after I return this little one to his parents"
Following Roku out, she went in the opposite direction, staying out of sight as much as possible, while helping the child look for his parents.
Old Posted 01-22-2012, 06:29 PM Reply With Quote  
Poconut Overlord
((Ah I see. The black makes sense to include. I actually like that. Reminds me of a book I read. Though it wasn't central to its plot. Anyways whatever humans decided to venture out there were definitely crazy to begin with o.o))

Roku accepted the flower with an awkward expression at her touch. Maybe it meant nothing more than she feared for his safety. Yet he found that he didn't want her hand to move when it did. With a nod they parted ways.

It was an eventful trip to the docks. Shit was break left and right but those weren't exactly his priority. Neither was working under gun fire but if things kept like they were that's probably what he was going to find himself doing.

A few minutes and a stun shot to the leg later he was in a medium sized transport refitted for space battles. Apparently the actual war ships were worn thin trying to defend Lindblum as it was. Roku didn't like the feeling they might want him on there. One thing at a time though. First they wanted him to get the hangar doors open again.

"Down!" A bright beam shot over his head as a soldier pushed by the shoulder. They were so close! He made himself invisible and slowly circled around with a Reaver stunner in hand. This skirmish ended as quickly as the previous ones. Except it wasn't in his favor...

Before the world completely faded to black Roku felt himself being dragged by his feet. More beams shooting overhead. "No..." he said weakly as he fought the numbness.

((added the original thread to the first post. I started re-reading where we were. heh how much I forgot about my own character. p= Like his bag for example. He had his own weapons with him the whole time! lol))
Last edited by Jurinjo; 01-22-2012 at 07:24 PM.
Old Posted 01-22-2012, 07:13 PM Reply With Quote  
Derp
Default   #11  
(XD yeah they must have been lol And that is so typical. I had to reread my posts in the original thread before I started replying here just to egt the mannerisms right for Terra lol)

It would have been a while, unable to find the child's parents, she had found his older siblings. Though when they told her that thier parents had been taken by the Reavers, she stiffened and look back the way they had come.
Making the children hidden, covering their hiding place with vines and plants from the nearby potted plants she took off back the way she had come. Anyone who knew her woudl just have thought she was going back to the med labs, but when she ran past the open door, it stunned the doctors inside that she hadn't come inside to help.
She didn't know what was driving her, or why she was running to her destination but something in her just told her to push forward, danger was at the docks and she knew Roku was there. She would shake her head at she ran, trying to shake the thoughts away as she ran.
It was only a few minutes later, having been running at her full speed she'd been nothing put a blur, before she slide to a stop in the docks, her bare feet making a slight squeaking sound as she did slide to a stop, looking around.
"Roku?..Roku?!"
Old Posted 01-22-2012, 09:38 PM Reply With Quote  
Poconut Overlord
(( I still got some attitudes right for Roku. If only I could nail down how his mannerisms. He's a warrior, but also has a fairly analytical mind suitable for mechanics.))

A young woman with brown hair and in uniform looked towards the shouting of a familiar voice. "Terra? What are you doing?! Get back to the med labs. They got Roku and he was a trained warrior. This isn't a place for you!" Selene had her hand firmly, but not harshly, around Terra's arm trying to get her away.
Old Posted 01-23-2012, 09:29 AM Reply With Quote  
Derp
Default   #13  
(I'm sure you'll get it ^^ )

Terra stiffened at Selene's words and pulled her arm back
"What? Who took him? Where are they?!"
The panic and distress was rising clearly in her voice as she started looking around so any traces that might lead to where Roku had been taken.
Old Posted 01-23-2012, 12:11 PM Reply With Quote  
Poconut Overlord
((haha our avatars are polar opposites. And both with complimentary butterflies! -paws at them-))

'Damn I just had to bring him up didn't I?'
Selene's training kicked in. Her eyes were hard as steel but there wasn't a doubt Terra knew her well enough to see the pain it caused her. Their friend was taken and Selene had been powerless to stop it from happening.

"Roku did that disappearing trick of his but they...still managed stun him. We're losing our hold of this hangar. I don't think we can get to him." Just then the doors opened and the force field engaged- holding the air inside. Selene's eyes widened.

"They must've taken their victims aboard the ships!" It was beginning to be too late to take their friend back. But now the enemy line was thin. Selene made a mad dash down the corridor along side one other guard. The first line was easily finished off in the sprint. Though she came to a skidding halt when her partner went down under a stun blast. "Danny!"

Selene quickly threw up an energy field. Problem was it was pretty much only good for deflecting physical blows. It was still good enough to keep herself from being stunned and getting behind a crate.

"Terra!" she shouted to her friend hoping she had a solution to the new problem.
Old Posted 01-25-2012, 11:10 AM Reply With Quote  
Derp
Default   #15  
(XD That's so awesome!)

Terra would dash at her full speed, rapidly overtaking Selene as she let her elven speed kick in, something she had always hidden, sliding past the energy field she placed her hands on the floor focusing on the potted plants near by.

The greenary surged into life, roots wrapping around the stragglers of the raiding party and over one of the ships, holding it back long enough so they could catch up.
"Hurry or I'm leaving you behind"
The flash in her eyes would show she was deadly serious in her words as she got up and took off running again, keeping within human limits this time though.
Old Posted 01-26-2012, 08:33 PM Reply With Quote  
Poconut Overlord
((hehe and now that I know you've seen mine I'm gonna come up with a new outfit...hopefully.))

Selene had no idea Terra could make plants do that. She'd seen her friend grow them before but never so extreme as to actually delay a space craft! It was good Terra spoke. Selene's mind hadn't quite gotten grip of what just happened but her body heeded those words and ran full speed to the ship. They got on...barely. It was a good thing the vaguely human creatures never thought to lock door from inside.

Selene took point. This ship wasn't as recreationally decorated as the Lindblum with all sorts of plants. Hopefully they could find one, or at least a regular old blaster for Terra. "This ship requires only 2 people to fly it. Optimally though you'd want 5 minimum." she whispered aloud trying to guess how many hostiles were here. She sighed, "That tidbit doesn't help us much though does it?" She turned her head as if to flip her hair out of the way out of habit even though it was currently tied back. She looked Terra in the eyes then followed the rain lines along the walls towards the bridge.
Old Posted 01-29-2012, 04:00 PM Reply With Quote