Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

isn't that funny
Default   #17  
sidechars are ok as long as we do not need to delve into their personalities and motives. yes indeedily XD and i am pleased you are not one to use a literary crutch even when offered

i do though it would have me as the doctor. do you have any ideas for what sort of mental disorder your char would have and to what severity?
Old Posted 12-08-2013, 11:52 PM Reply With Quote  
Psych
Goodness, why would I want to use one? Where's the fun in it? I may not be a published author of any kind, but I do try very hard to avoid those things.

I have some experience with bipolar disorder and schizophrenia, but I do think the best thing that would work here is a clinical sociopath, most likely caught before he committed a murder by his family. I can choose others, of course, but sociopathy can be truly fun to write if done correctly. Do you have any problems with it?
Always Accepting Commissions! Commission information here
Old Posted 12-08-2013, 11:57 PM Reply With Quote  
isn't that funny
Default   #19  
i do not and because he has failed to commit any crimes he would not be considered criminal and can have a lot more freedom(such as one-on-one time without a guard and/or restraints)

if you can think of what he looks like, a little of his personality and a list of his issues i can either write up something when i wake or when i get home tonight
Old Posted 12-09-2013, 12:01 AM Reply With Quote  
isn't that funny
also, i was supposed to be asleep three hours ago and i can hardly keep my eyes open, nightynight
Old Posted 12-09-2013, 12:06 AM Reply With Quote  
Psych
Default   #21  
I'll be happy to write a little bit about him!

I think his name should be Kane Palmerson. He is normally a Caucasian man, but typically carries a deep farmer's tan that has since been fading upon his admittance to the institution. He is five foot ten, has green eyes, an angular face with cheekbones that stick out. His eyes look sunken into their sockets. He tends to preen himself and take a certain pride in his hygiene, so he looks clean and his hair is kept brushed, untangled, and swept to the side. He has a polite manner of speaking and appears to be a gentleman, but he refuses to listen to authority unless it suits him or he has no other choice, does not have any plans for his future, and tends to have a habit of 'sweet talking' allowances away from people, usually involving a favour he never fills later, sometimes through other means. He likes to spend money. He also enjoys sex and cannot be kept near a women's cell for this reason. He's twenty-two, though he lied about his age when he was first admitted.

He came from a relatively poor family from the rural outskirts of town, so he is and has always been a lean man with subtle traces of muscle. Since he was a child, he had always been caught killing the neighbor's barn cat their own chickens in increasingly cruel and unusual ways, beginning from simple manhandling to drowning to strangling. HE frequently had violent fits against his mother and father that nothing seemed to quell, and as he god older and bigger and stronger, they became more powerless to stop them. His grandparents paid for his admittance, fearing that he was unfit to take over the family farm--which he was. The last straw was taking a chunk of the family money, spending it on a wild night out at various brothels downtown, and lying to his parents about it when a family friend notified them.

Is that enough for you to work with?
Old Posted 12-09-2013, 12:29 AM Reply With Quote  
isn't that funny
that is plenty~
Old Posted 12-09-2013, 09:42 AM Reply With Quote  
Psych
Default   #23  
I'm glad! I'll be on the lookout for the rp thread!
Old Posted 12-09-2013, 10:17 AM Reply With Quote  
isn't that funny
unfortunatly some of those meds cause waightgain, sorry ^^;;;

he will introduce himself as mr. chopra and that will be stated on his badge. he is a behavioral therapist so you will see him for an hour and a half every day. he was picked because he has a girly face and is a little short and tubby, it is an attempt to convince yours to listen a little better. i have a first name for him buuuuut for now that is not needed XD and he is mixed (indian and british white) with milkier brown skin, brown eyes and dark brown hair(somewhat curly). the name makes more sense when you replace fish with pill XD

http://trisphee.com/forums/showthrea...68#post1602668
Old Posted 12-09-2013, 10:38 AM Reply With Quote  
Psych
Default   #25  
I figured he'd gain a little weight. That sort of thing just happens on some medications.

Speaking of which, I am no doctor and I won't know how all those medications will interact with one another and change his personality. I'll try to have him act to the best I can understand about all these drugs. I can assume he does what he can to dispose of the pills in secret. After all, he has a lot of motivation to not take them.
Old Posted 12-09-2013, 12:03 PM Reply With Quote  
isn't that funny
ok, all of the meds can be wiki'd though it is basically two downers, a mood stablizer, a blood thickener(the others would thin him to anemia) and therapy

all you need to know is if he goes off of the downers but not the coagulant he will get hyper and have bloodclots, if he goes off of all of them it sucks to be the good doctor
Old Posted 12-09-2013, 12:11 PM Reply With Quote  
isn't that funny
Default   #27  
a small request though, can you please put it in current past tense? current tense is really uncomfortable to read and does not lend at all well when switching between the past and present in a sentence( i am not a novice dear, no need to dumb it down)
Old Posted 12-09-2013, 12:15 PM Reply With Quote  
Psych
I've looked up the medications and I know what they do, simply not how they would mix--besides the coagulant. That one's easy to figure out.

I will be happy to switch to current past tense. I can tell you're not a novice, you've stated so multiple times since I've met you :,D
Old Posted 12-09-2013, 12:23 PM Reply With Quote  
isn't that funny
Default   #29  
oh XD basically it will aggravate the bipolarism but in a controlled way(they will happen at specific times if he takes it and will make either his mania or his disphoria worse if he does not take them all) and he might have random bits of pain in his thighs from the coagulant

thankyou ;_; i say it lots because i have had partners who didn't get it, one 'advance lit' partner wrote at about an eighth-grade level and had no capacity for keeping her char IN char. she also kept addressing the camera play style, bleh!

i will be back in about 5 hours ok? heading out of town now to visit my fiance's mom
Old Posted 12-09-2013, 12:33 PM Reply With Quote  
Psych
That makes sense, but he does not have bipolar disorder, so this will affect him differently than someone who does. I know that they will calm mania, which technically, he has something like it, but if he does not have depressive episodes, I assume he might have them upon taking the medication (coming from my own experience with medications.)

I have had a few rough partners myself, but I've found with practice, they all start to get better

See you then. Glad I got to catch you today, I had an unexpected break.
Old Posted 12-09-2013, 12:50 PM Reply With Quote  
isn't that funny
Default   #31  
i could guess as much from your post but the two tend to run together even when the person does not have bd, it's easier to over medicate than to do lots of control especially since he is likely not in there as a permanent resident

haha, i have not seen that much, i tend to only stick with partners on my level though so maybe that is my own doing
Old Posted 12-09-2013, 07:57 PM Reply With Quote  
Psych
I'm not too picky when it comes to partners. All I ask for is respect--skills come later. I think my best rp's have been with someone still learning and with people beyond my skill level.
Old Posted 12-09-2013, 09:23 PM Reply With Quote