Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Bald and loving it!
Default   #17  
Lol I can make let you make the thread. and I use a scanner. I don't even own a computer. xD.
And I love those types of threads though we'd have to figure out a way so that no one is drawing the same person unless they want to.
Old Posted 04-10-2011, 03:25 AM Reply With Quote  
In the Box
But but it was not my idea! You should make it. D:

Perhaps we can tell people to have a code-thingy, like, "*Looks up*" and then s/he'll have to draw him/her. This will allow people to chat and if it's active enough, the result will be random. Although people might just stay there to leech off art... ;_;

I often see people add 'skip' to their posts, but there are always loop holes.

Long, long hiatus.
Old Posted 04-10-2011, 03:34 AM Reply With Quote  
Bald and loving it!
Default   #19  
Hmm I dunno how angry would a person get if they didn't get art?
I mean I think as long as they pm'ed the person and said they couldn't do it then there should be no hard feelings.
Old Posted 04-17-2011, 09:44 PM Reply With Quote  
The Rose Prince
i do art digitally and then I just started using markers again XD Its fun to fool around with them XP
Old Posted 04-18-2011, 07:30 PM Reply With Quote  
Bald and loving it!
Default   #21  
Are you talking about your chibis?
Old Posted 04-29-2011, 02:50 AM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
I'm a traditional art buff, in part because I've never really learned fancy techniques with illustrating or printing and I just don't have the coordination with a mouse or digital pen that I do with brush or pencil.

I experiment with material though for the most part I work with water colour paints and occasionally pencil drawing.
Old Posted 05-04-2011, 12:53 AM Reply With Quote  
Vivacious Vampiress
Default   #23  
in high school i took an oil painting class that i thoroughly enjoyed. now, though, i do traditional work with colored pencil, mostly. and pixel art. i dabble from time to time with photoshop or markers.

gift by Anariel

What's Your Kwest?
Currently Kwesting for: Crimson Frilly Dress
Old Posted 05-04-2011, 01:01 PM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
I wish my computer actually ran photoshop. My old one had trouble with photoshop five. Haven't tried any on this computer though but I'm still a titch concerned. On my old comp the program would freeze on me if I moved the mouse too fast, or if I dare click on one thing before the previous click had processed!

I'm working with pencil crayons more now, too, and I find I like it. They're one of those things where you can keep going and going and not seem to be making a heck of a lot of difference. Eventually one gets there though.
Old Posted 05-05-2011, 12:47 AM Reply With Quote  
Bald and loving it!
Default   #25  
XD first welcome to trisphee and second 030 I kinda want to see both of you guys art. Do you have a DA or a place I can see them?

Man oil painting. My freshman teacher sucked the life out of oil paints for me.
Do you scratch the crayons off when you make a bunch of layers?
Old Posted 05-05-2011, 07:05 PM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
My deviant art gallery is here. It's mostly writing, but some of my paintings are there. It's mostly watercolour except for my avatar which is acrylic and Sharpie pen (yay Sharpies!). The "Miscellanous Amusements" folder has some colour work I did in pencil crayon with drawings by other artists. There's pencil stuff in my scraps.

EDIT: oops. I linked it right to my paintings folder. Oh well. Makes it easier for you then. ;)
Old Posted 05-06-2011, 12:41 AM Reply With Quote  
Best thing since cheese-in-a-can!
Default   #27  
I use colored pencil for my art. I've never actually seen pencil crayons before... I think. What do they look like?

Emperor of Japan*Anonymous Fiend
Nikko, Kaguya, and Toki are my siblings

Reyo has an art thread!
Click the adorable tentacle creature!
Old Posted 05-19-2011, 07:12 PM Reply With Quote  
The Lord of Mushrooms
For my art, I usually draw it on paper then scan it to color it on the computer. Its very hard for me to pick a style whether digital or traditional

OBBIE'S twin sister
My Baby:Link Super secret Mission:Link
Old Posted 05-19-2011, 08:35 PM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
Default   #29  
Oh, pencil crayon is essentially a coloured pencil. I've heard the names used interchangably. I think "pencil crayon" get useed because wax is put in to hold the colour, like with crayons. The better quality pencil crayons, the less wax. I love and hate pencil crayons. They take forever to work with since the colouring tip is quite fine and one needs to be carefull with pressure or there will be a garish line on occasion that won't go away. They can also only be layerd so much before the paper wont take any more colour.

My favourite ones are my Prismacolour Scholars but the case is terrible and I must have gotten a bad batch or dropped them too many times because the wood splits when I sharpen them, they break like crazy so I'm often colouring with just the broken nub between my fingers, but the colours are great and they blend really well. The other ones I use for travel are my Staedtler guys, which work well enough and I like the brand for other things.
Old Posted 05-23-2011, 09:14 PM Reply With Quote  
The Rose Prince
I did a full body traditionally too :D It was fun but super time consuming!
Old Posted 05-23-2011, 11:10 PM Reply With Quote  
Bald and loving it!
Default   #31  
XD I can't believe you guys are talking about crayons. Speaking of Crayons. This site that I frequently go to is having a contest, were you draw a design for a 18 inch napkin with Crayons only XD. I think its time to break out the crayolas if any one is interested I can post the link.
Old Posted 05-24-2011, 03:15 PM Reply With Quote  
System Start
I like watercolor painting, but honestly, i only draw CG art T_T
Old Posted 07-20-2011, 07:28 AM Reply With Quote