Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Pocket Demon Ninja
Default   #17  
I was told it was mentioned that Ryuko and Pandora went to Quesaria to help fight Maesha =w=,

。[Crunchyroll] 。[Study Japanese] 。[OTKH] 。
。Youtube 。Twitch 。

Old Posted 10-27-2011, 10:47 PM  
The Illusionist
x.x
Perhaps I should stop reading plot until we get summaries....

Old Posted 10-27-2011, 10:49 PM  
Wanderer
Default   #19  
Perhaps you should read more carefully...? XD

Anyways, the storylines up until now have been good, though a few posts got a bit boring...but overall, I think it makes general sense.
STONEWALL WAS A RIOT

Old Posted 10-27-2011, 11:22 PM  
We're all mad here.
The Masquerade and the Fight for Freedom were the first events I've been in here and I didn't have much trouble following the storyline at all. There were NPC's that felt superfluous though, those mainly being some of the carry-overs from the Taskal war: Taye, Reeve, Aziel, Chamaraos, and Vida, charactes who in general didn't enough screen time to really feel related to the overall story.
Old Posted 10-27-2011, 11:23 PM  
Wanderer
Default   #21  
Vida was a bit of a "...meh" character for me in that she was a bit cliche and really didn't have too huge of a role. I liked the carry-overs from the Taskal War, though...but I'll admit that Trisphee looks like it has a tad bit many NPCs...

...well, that's not really for me to say, seeing that I create OCs on a whime, or rather, used to...
STONEWALL WAS A RIOT

Old Posted 10-27-2011, 11:28 PM  
We're all mad here.
I think there isn't too much of an issue with numbers of NPC's, but rather which NPCs get used at any given time. As long as a character has a role to play, then it should be fine I think. There's enough time duringg the events that I've seen so far that it's not really difficult to follow particular characters around.

It's when details about a character's purpose in a story or event get vague that things start to get harder to follow, or so I find.
Old Posted 10-27-2011, 11:47 PM  
Desolation Denizen
Default   #23  
What we need is a section for character profiles so everyone can keep trap of the NPCs easier, maybe even integrated into their user profile somehow. That's a big project, though.
Cold silence has a tendency
to atrophy any sense of compassion
between supposed lovers.
Between supposed brothers.
Old Posted 10-27-2011, 11:48 PM  
Art Meiser
We are working on synopsis, ALSO Virgil, Katrine, and Lesallia are 3 of the oldest NPC's Trisphee has. They were in the originals and they were in last years nox events. As for Faust and Falla we have not released all of the story line pertaining to this years event. And Sheol is correct in saying that the events do connect together in some way BUT they are different events and we did mention in every event where the event happened.

Trisphee has 3 Different planets. One of the next events is happening on Deivai which means there will not be that many repeat characters because its a new planet. Every time we introduce a new planet we will get a wave of new characters.

But again we will do a synopsis of the events for you guys that is just a quick summery. And we will also work on character profiles.

Edit: ok technically its not a new planet but we havent done much other than use the deathless from it.
The Almighty Fen-God
[8:25:15 PM] Galla: o3o ty for amusing my peen obsession
Married to: Galla, Aurelia, Sei, Demonskid, Arrikanez and Ashy.
Batty is My Girlfriend!
Mizzy is my Family.
Belial is my Cookie Monster!

Mon-Mon is my rainbow popsicle!
Chi is my Famiry!

Last edited by Fenris; 10-28-2011 at 12:24 AM.
Old Posted 10-28-2011, 12:21 AM  
*twitch*
Default   #25  
I'm probably not the best to offer feedback, because I only log in when hell freezes over and/or there's an event, but I feel like a lot of the storyline is superfluous, sort of filler, and that's one of the reasons it confuses people. Like, it feels like some of the threads wouldn't be hurt if they were consolidated down to journal entries (not that we actually have journals as a feature) or just eliminated entirely and their events mentioned in another. I mean, there are barely more threads in this forum than plot stickies at this point. Granted, my opinion might be different if I knew what the site was trying to accomplish with the storyline. It still feels like I'm watching someone else's RP.

Also, and this might sound kinda dumb, but I'm still not sure how this event fits into the Trisphee universe. I get that there's a belief that the dead go to the moon, but is that actually happening? Whose moon is it? Do *all* the dead in this particular universe go to this particular moon? Why? Idk, I'm assuming that you probably want people to get into the Trisphee universe and RP, but I don't think that we as users have much of an idea as to what the basics of this universe even are. I'd probably be making all sorts of RP threads right now if I had an inkling about the planets.
Old Posted 10-28-2011, 01:07 AM  
We're all mad here.
That sounds like it would be something for the general trisphee history forum.

There are details around. For instance, we know from Dyten's piece that the Alti'ui are new to the Nox festival by virute of never having had to have anything it before. It's little, but it's information for the setting.

Getting all the information about a setting together and presented in one mighty lump is hard to do. I some cases I think people may need to be patient when it comes to loose strings or missing information. When it's pertinant, it should come up.
Old Posted 10-28-2011, 03:27 AM  
Desolation Denizen
Default   #27  
I wonder sometimes if there's a disconnect between what we writers know about the setting and what the users know, because, for instance, none of those questions of yours, Belial, even occurred to me and I know the answer to all of them, but maybe we haven't done a good enough of job of conveying all that info through the stories so far.

Also, Behemoth, if you don't mind could you elaborate on what you mean by "watching someone else's RP"? I guess I just don't understand where that comes from, and I remember some other people voicing a similar complaint in the other thread we had. What in particular about the way the story is told makes it come off as an RP rather than... I don't know, a cohesive narrative similar to a novel, I guess? Because... it isn't an RP. Granted, it's a cooperatively told story, but one that follows a set outline and is plotted out from beginning to end before any writing begins (for the most part).

Is it the posting style, alternating between NPCs? I personally love that, as it lets us segue between points-of-view efficiently in the narrative. If that's confusing people, I think, again, it may be a failing on our part to explain within the story who everyone is and how they relate to what's going on. Though, I will go on record as saying that I do think there were too many characters in the last event, between the plot NPCs and each of the staff's pet NPCs.

Would it have been better if, say, we'd focused the story only on the "main" characters like Ryuko and Maesha and left the staff NPCs to RP amongst the users to fill out their role in what was going on?

But, then, we don't have that going on in this event, we're only showing the "main" characters here, so I'm guessing that isn't really the problem. I suppose for this event, it does go back to people not understanding how everything inter-relates. I can sort of see why Lesallia, Katrine, and Virgil would seem tangential to the aftermath of the war plot, but, again, I know why they aren't, but perhaps that isn't clear in the narrative to someone who doesn't already know that.

*shrugs* I don't know. I'm having a hard time understanding what exactly you guys would like out of the story that it isn't providing at the moment. I mean, what could we do differently that would help you all engage with it better? (Serious question, I really want to know.) I understand most of the complaints that are coming up, but I'm failing at envisioning an alternative way of presenting the story that would clear up these issues.

So... suggestions, please?
between supposed lovers.
Old Posted 10-28-2011, 08:34 AM  
Bald and loving it!
Well my suggestion would be to update the man story. I have read that one post that you guys have, but as you've said the users don't see how they connect and my thinking is because the main story hasn't been updated.

two: I know during the longer events, I tend to loose interest in the story if it takes too long to update. During the war, I didn't read all of it because I lost internet, during the last event there were real life staff problems, that I know can't be helped but I wish were avoided so that the story could flow in a more timely manner.

Three: thinking if over, I'd have to say I think Illusion was right in his posts during the npc contest. Some of the characters just fade into the background for me. The ones I do like seem to fade into non-existence.

I know its hard to flush out three worlds and keep the characters to a minimum, let alone keep them interesting so that others will continue to read because truthfully I will drop a story if I am not attached to the characters. But reading over what is here already it seems exciting and worth looking forward for. Though truthfully I kinda wanted to be a different race, like a deathless and the last event branded me already.

So I guess my advice for now is to get every one caught up on the overall story line, make a thread for npc bios so people can get better acquainted with the trisphee universe. Lastly for the next event try to limit the number of npc's actually involved.
Old Posted 10-28-2011, 10:08 AM  
Desolation Denizen
Default   #29  
Oh, see, now that's rather interesting. The general consensus among the staff so far has been to release story segments slowly to build up anticipation over the course of the event, but if that's causing people to lose interest, we may need to reevaluate that.

Likewise, I am very much in favor of adding content to the storybook section. It is woefully sparse at the moment. Hopefully that will change in the near future.

And, I pretty much agree with everything else you mentioned, too. I'm optimistic for the next event since not only will it be something of a clean slate, in that we've never taken the story to Deivai before, but we're also much more organized as a team now.
between supposed lovers.
Old Posted 10-28-2011, 11:32 AM  
Neko-chan Nya Nya~
I agree with something other have said, having some kind of story synopsis would be wonderful. Plus archiving the already done stories and putting them somewhere in order, so one could go back and read them without having to hunt through several event forums to find them.

As for how the story is released, I don't mind the timing myself. It might be nice to put them in a sub forum on the event instead of just stickies in the main event page however, if only to let people know exactly where they are and which ones are story and not just announcements.

♥ Never be afraid to be yourself ♥

Want to see my art or webcomic?
Serra's Art Gallery

A Neko's Quest | My Closet
Kitsune's Haven

Image courtesty
of tsukiko
Old Posted 10-28-2011, 12:10 PM  
The Illusionist
Default   #31  
Let me just list what I read so far.

Things suggested"
- Speed up the story so interest isn't lost. (I agree 100% btw)
- Character bios so we can keep track.
- Limit the amount of NPC's (Is it possible to make this mandatory? xD This is my biggest pet-peeve about Trisphee personally.)
- Add a Synopsis (A life saver for me)
- Keep NPC's that are popular? (Kamid back, yes?)

Old Posted 10-28-2011, 04:16 PM  
draws the naughty bits
I think the reason there seem to be so many NPCs is because there's 3 planets, so each planet has it's own set of NPCs - and there are also main NPCs that are Gods and the like, not contained to one planet or another.

There seemed to be so many in the last event because NPCs from other planets convened onto Quesaria. It was basically a huge cross-over event XD THE ENTIRE UNIVERSE AT STAKE

i won't rot ∙ not this mind and not this heart ∙ i won't rot
Old Posted 10-28-2011, 04:24 PM