Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

It Won't Stop
Default   #17  
Eh? I don't consider them the same at all. Not so different that they would need a drastic price difference, this much is true, but anything from ribs -> hips I see as waist, and hips -> knee I see as thigh. Both in buying and selling art, I can't imagine not having that line to know just what is expected.

I agree with Pink's pricing, though I certainly wouldn't argue if you priced full body like Miz suggested, eheh.

Old Posted 08-01-2012, 06:31 PM Reply With Quote  
Zombie Platypus
Heh, I typically split mine into bust, half and full body. Or only offer one of them at any time, just seems simpler. x)
Old Posted 08-01-2012, 06:31 PM Reply With Quote  
isn't that funny
Default   #19  
well there are two good reasons for that, one, sometimes the natural 'waist' of the char is higher or lower than the top of the hips, this allows the artist to judge the most atheistically pleasing place to stop also if the art is more or less than what you have been paid you can add or subtract a couple inches off or the art without having to change what the order is or skip in other places
Old Posted 08-01-2012, 06:35 PM Reply With Quote  
It Won't Stop
I see what you mean. But when I say hips, I actually mean something more like crotch, so I can't really imagine a waist going THAT low. xD

Old Posted 08-01-2012, 06:39 PM Reply With Quote  
isn't that funny
Default   #21  
the art in my sig? my avi has a waistline that is under the breasts and uder the crotch, both are places to stop but nothing in between, that is what i mean
Old Posted 08-01-2012, 06:41 PM Reply With Quote  
It Won't Stop
I'm afraid I just don't see it. My brain works in funny ways, so I might not be understanding right. I do like the way that art is cut off, though.

Old Posted 08-01-2012, 06:45 PM Reply With Quote  
isn't that funny
Default   #23  
say you have to draw the art, to make it look the best you woul need to end the art at one of the natural cutoff lines, on that image there are two, the belt under the bust and the end of the doll-dress, you would /not/ cut off at the waist because that is in the middle of the dress and looks bad you would cut it off either at the belt or the bottom of the dress

both of those places count as 'waist' even though one is on the ribs and one is on the hips
Old Posted 08-01-2012, 06:52 PM Reply With Quote  
It Won't Stop
Well, I don't know. I see what you mean, and that def works with a style like yours, but I know some good styles that could cut it off part of the way along the dress, too, and it would look perfectly fine.

Old Posted 08-01-2012, 06:56 PM Reply With Quote  
Zombie Platypus
Default   #25  
Sorry, work got busy...I sometime have been known to crop a pic at a weird place, but I get what you're saying, choco. And I appreciate the advice! C:
Old Posted 08-01-2012, 07:15 PM Reply With Quote