Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

I Am Tam
Default   #5361  
I read the reviews. Like with the shroomie pattern. People were making little mushrooms all over the place. And the artist has a FB group for talking about the patterns... I just never get near FB.
I'm not very active right now, because of stuff. If you don't see me around and you really need to get hold of me, you can yell at me over at one of these places?

My blog.

KofK

CS

Gaia

Sale thread

woman
Old Posted 06-27-2021, 01:10 PM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
Ugh....blank dolls like that creep me out a bit, but I'm excitedly to see how it looks when it's all customized!

And double ugh, walked all they way to Joann for my shift today only to find out that they'd taken me off the schedule today and not told me. XP
Technically that meant I could still work, but I know we needed to cut labor and honestly, I could use the day off anyway. So I bought a few supplies for making some really simple bracelets and am walking home. With my hours cut, I should really not be spending at all, but I've been wanting to make some just really easy things that don't involve a lot of thought so easy beaded bracelets it is!
But I have to be a good adult first when I get home and pay my electric bill and start some laundry. And maybe do 1 point on a shawl too. THEN I can put on a movie and veg out with brainless tasks/projects/stuff.
Old Posted 06-27-2021, 01:33 PM Reply With Quote  
Queen of Typoes
Default   #5363  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tam I am View Post
I read the reviews. Like with the shroomie pattern. People were making little mushrooms all over the place. And the artist has a FB group for talking about the patterns... I just never get near FB.
the cr@ppy pattern I dealt with was on ravelry. before I got the pattern there was only one real comment - "omg this is soooo adorable!" and 31 hearts. my project is the only one on the page. the pattern looks amazing. but there seemed to be some sort of disconnect between the item posted on her rav pattern page and the writing up of the pattern. you can see all my notes on my project page. i was not happy with how the pattern was written, but my nephew didn't really care how it turned out. he knew who it was. :D

Kaderin - I, and others, have had our schedules changed and the manager hasn't told anyone their times were changed. happened to my daughter yesterday. *sigh*

currently reading: Gone With the Witch by Heather Blake (#25) | currently watching: Severance
~*~*~
dragoncave | magistream | ravelry | faenaria | goodreads
snap / insta / discord ~ trystan830 | she / her / hers
~*~*~
"you are some kind of like 20th level string witch" ~Mekatra
"You're the highest level string witch I know too" ~ZenKitty
~*~*~
me... by Glitch!
~*~*~
Old Posted 06-27-2021, 06:36 PM Reply With Quote  
I Am Tam
I remember you talking about that, Trystan. *shakes head* I go for actual picture reviews. I didn't do that with the first couple of patterns I bought, and the one that I got made, the lady said that there were parts in the pattern that didn't make sense. I've another now that people warn the lady kind of makes up her own terms, so I'll be watching that one, but the doll was right up my alley, so I have to try it someday.

Wow. "Thanks, guys for saving money by not calling me. Now my doll is going to pee in your chair. Repeatedly. Yes, I am grinning like a fool, you didn't manage to ruin my day by forgetting I exist other than to cut my shift."

Sometimes mindless days need to happen. Especially when one is living through historic heat waves. *sitting here with a wet hankie on my head*
I'm not very active right now, because of stuff. If you don't see me around and you really need to get hold of me, you can yell at me over at one of these places?

My blog.

KofK

CS

Gaia

Sale thread

woman
Old Posted 06-27-2021, 07:44 PM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
Default   #5365  
I mean. I wouldn't even be mad about cutting me except I have to walk almost 2 miles to get there. And then walk almost 2 miles again to get home. In the heat.
Like, if they had just given me a quick call (or text!) to say "hey, we had to cut hours so you're off on Sunday", I'm okay with that. The fewer hours, the tighter my grocery budget has to be, which can suck, but I can deal with that.
Old Posted 06-27-2021, 09:07 PM Reply With Quote  
Queen of Typoes
Quote:
I remember you talking about that, Trystan. *shakes head* I go for actual picture reviews. I didn't do that with the first couple of patterns I bought, and the one that I got made, the lady said that there were parts in the pattern that didn't make sense. I've another now that people warn the lady kind of makes up her own terms, so I'll be watching that one, but the doll was right up my alley, so I have to try it someday.
wow.
reviews are an important part of why people buy things, yeah.

currently reading: Gone With the Witch by Heather Blake (#25) | currently watching: Severance
~*~*~
~*~*~
~*~*~
me... by Glitch!
~*~*~
Old Posted 06-27-2021, 09:32 PM Reply With Quote  
I Am Tam
Default   #5367  
Yeah. In the heat. :/ When you send Custard and stuff, shall I use junkfood for some of the shipping padding on Saffire, Kaderin?

Trystan, yuuuuuup.

I tried crocheting this morning. It didn't work.

My blog.

KofK

CS

Gaia

Sale thread

woman
Old Posted 06-28-2021, 06:06 PM Reply With Quote  
Queen of Typoes
i'm debating crocheting, because i'm working on a blanket and it's slow-going and tedious and if I don't work on it, it's going to take three years like my cable blanket has so far....(yep, I started that in 2018!) but it's hot outside, and kinda comfy in the house with the AC and the fans.

i have other things on my list, maybe i can start a pair of socks.....

~*~*~
~*~*~
~*~*~
me... by Glitch!
~*~*~
Old Posted 06-28-2021, 08:15 PM Reply With Quote  
MWAHAHAHAHA!
Default   #5369  
Quote:
Yeah. In the heat. :/ When you send Custard and stuff, shall I use junkfood for some of the shipping padding on Saffire, Kaderin?
Oooohhhhh....snack swap?
I mean, foodwise, I won't be so hard off that I'm starving, I'll just be swapping out healthier foods for ramen or "ghetto chili" (2 cans of beans, 1 can of tomato sauce, seasonings, & cheese and frozen veggies if I have any. Can stretch to last for up to 3 or 4 meals.) occasionally to save money.

Lol
Can tell I was tired when I first read this message because at first I was like "who tf is Saffire?". Then I remembered. XD
Kaderin's mule dragon!

^Art by Merskelly Metalien
Check out my Instagram: @derpymcblueeyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witchchylde View Post
Whoa, serious Derpy is Serious! I solemnly swear not to meddle in the affairs of Derpy!
Old Posted 06-28-2021, 09:03 PM Reply With Quote  
Tattooed & foul-mouthed
finally got a pic of Rusty this morning before I went to the doctor's for migraine meds.

I use She/Her and They/Them pronouns.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gallagher
i'm not being biased, den just speaks my language
Roll4It Dice RP Server | Buy me a Ko-Fi? | Make a Nerd's Christmas?
Old Posted 06-29-2021, 05:06 PM Reply With Quote  
I Am Tam
Default   #5371  
Trystan, you need some kind of voice controlled video game that's strong on story for while you do the tedious crochet. XD

Derpy Kaderin, I can even stick in a couple packs of the organic and gluten free but very flavourful ramen that my local Save On sells, if you like. XD I'd offer some of the locally made ramen (yeah, some factory in Edmonton makes bowl instant ramen), but that comes in a big bowl and not a plastic packet. I'd send Canadian chocolate, but you'd wind up getting pudding if I tried that in the summer. Ketchup flavour potato chips? Oh, and cheap canned chili makes very satisfying sauce on top of two packets worth of cheap butt ramen. So do those cheap canned stews with the mystery meat meatballs.

Den, awwwww! Rusty is weird and cute! Where does he come from? May I gank his picture for my doll picture collection?

My blog.

KofK

CS

Gaia

Sale thread

woman
Old Posted 06-29-2021, 06:43 PM Reply With Quote  
Queen of Typoes
tam - i watch tv :)

~*~*~
~*~*~
~*~*~
me... by Glitch!
~*~*~
Old Posted 06-29-2021, 07:05 PM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
Default   #5373  
Awwww, I wanna give Rusty hugs! ...even though their arms are a little...odd to me. Not creepy really, just odd. But good odd. Lol

Tam: Yeah, summer is a bad time for chocolate swaps for sure. We can save that for winter, lol.
I feel like now is probably a good time to mention that I'm vegetarian, so no meat (fish included), or gelatin, though egg and milk products are fine.
Oh! I've actually had ketchup chips once before! There was a brand that we got in at my grocery store for a few months that had them and they were odd, but I kinda liked them. Haven't had them in probably over 6 years though or even seen them for that matter. Unfortunately, cheap vegetarian chilis are hard to come by (most are over $2 per can and at that price, I'm almost better off just making a big batch of basic beans in sauce and portioning it out lol), but that is still a useful hack for stretching food out. I was thinking chili over rice would be good too.
Old Posted 06-29-2021, 07:16 PM Reply With Quote  
I Am Tam
Yes, but TV can't hear you. XD

Veggie, got it! Another good way to stretch the food, when it's too hot to cook is to buy corn or whatever kind of chips and crush them up and then serve the soupy food over them. I do that with rice chips and Amy's split pea soup.

Yeah, I've learned that ketchup chips are more common here. Usually in the cheaper brands, oddly. I can't eat them, but I remember having them when I was younger and winding up with red lips and fingers.

My blog.

KofK

CS

Gaia

Sale thread

woman
Old Posted 06-29-2021, 07:19 PM Reply With Quote  
Queen of Typoes
Default   #5375  
Quote:
Yes, but TV can't hear you. XD
hubby hears me plenty XD

~*~*~
~*~*~
~*~*~
me... by Glitch!
~*~*~
Old Posted 06-29-2021, 07:26 PM Reply With Quote  
I Am Tam
LMBOXD. Is he entertaining?

My blog.

KofK

CS

Gaia

Sale thread

woman
Old Posted 06-29-2021, 07:29 PM Reply With Quote