Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Developer
Default   #769  
Quote:
Originally Posted by ml1201 View Post
I don't have the 3D remake of them. o.o; I just have the port over to the newer system. Should I look for the 3D? Are their any changes to the mechanics/plot?
FF1 and 2 didn't see 3D remakes. They actually saw two differed 2D remakes each -- Final Fantasy Origins on Playstation, and Final Fantasy I + II Dawn of Souls on GBA. Origins has slightly better graphics (by virtue of having a bigger screen to work with) but Dawn of Souls makes the games much more enjoyable to play because it isn't trying to imitate the original game mechanics so precisely and therefore has much better game balance. Furthermore, considering that the original version of FF2 never came out in the US, if you want to play these games, you should play Dawn of Souls.

FF3 never came out in the US either, but it saw a 3D remake on DS. Again, if you want to play it, play the remake, because you can't play the original. :P

I haven't played the 3D remake of FF4 yet. I can't say whether you should play it or the original (which was originally released as FF2 in the US).

FF5 got an expanded edition release on GBA, which was the same game with some bonus content added as an endgame secret. There was also a release on Playstation but it was just the original SNES game running in an emulator, and it was buggy. It also came out for iOS, but the "updated" graphics look awful. Definitely play FF5 Advance.

FF6 has not seen any remakes, just a GBA version with a new translation and some bonus content, and a PSX version with some FMVs added. Play the PSX version; the loading times are mildly annoying, but it's a more enjoyable script than the less-fun retranslation.

In other words, FF5 and FF6 are the only titles from the Final Fantasy series to not see any remake love.
Games by Coda (updated 4/15/2024 - New game: Call of Aether)
Art by Coda (updated 8/25/2022 - beatBitten and All-Nighter Simulator)

Mega Man: The Light of Will (Mega Man / Green Lantern crossover: In the lead-up to the events of Mega Man 2, Dr. Wily has discovered emotional light technology. How will his creations change how humankind thinks about artificial intelligence? Sadly abandoned. Sufficient Velocity x-post)
Old Posted 06-16-2015, 12:33 PM Reply With Quote  
The Illusionist
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coda View Post
FF1 and 2 didn't see 3D remakes. They actually saw two differed 2D remakes each -- Final Fantasy Origins on Playstation, and Final Fantasy I + II Dawn of Souls on GBA. Origins has slightly better graphics (by virtue of having a bigger screen to work with) but Dawn of Souls makes the games much more enjoyable to play because it isn't trying to imitate the original game mechanics so precisely and therefore has much better game balance. Furthermore, considering that the original version of FF2 never came out in the US, if you want to play these games, you should play Dawn of Souls.

FF3 never came out in the US either, but it saw a 3D remake on DS. Again, if you want to play it, play the remake, because you can't play the original. :P

I haven't played the 3D remake of FF4 yet. I can't say whether you should play it or the original (which was originally released as FF2 in the US).

FF5 got an expanded edition release on GBA, which was the same game with some bonus content added as an endgame secret. There was also a release on Playstation but it was just the original SNES game running in an emulator, and it was buggy. It also came out for iOS, but the "updated" graphics look awful. Definitely play FF5 Advance.

FF6 has not seen any remakes, just a GBA version with a new translation and some bonus content, and a PSX version with some FMVs added. Play the PSX version; the loading times are mildly annoying, but it's a more enjoyable script than the less-fun retranslation.

In other words, FF5 and FF6 are the only titles from the Final Fantasy series to not see any remake love.
The FF4 remake made Final Fantasy 4 my favorite Final Fantasy title, it was very good.

And it's sad because V and VI are extremely good games, V I definitely want a see the same style used for Braverly default used, VI I can see go either way.

Old Posted 06-16-2015, 01:33 PM Reply With Quote  
Pocket Demon Ninja
Default   #771  
I DID IT! 8D I got 2 Keeper of Rainbows! I can do the Rainbow dude with my God Team! (warning, Green Odin with damage reduction needed I'm sure)

ouo i has 2 rainbow dudes!

My God team is:
Armored Green Ice Knight, Muse [lvl:51 | +4 | awoken]
Karmic Destroyer, Shiva [lvl:31 | +1 | 2]
Odin the War Deity [lvl:27 | +1 | none]
Wood Samurai Ogre [lvl:24 | none | none]
Ice Armor Ogre [lvl:50 -max- | none | awoken]

ouo i did better with odin in my team then i did with bastet! x3

。[Crunchyroll] 。[Study Japanese] 。[OTKH] 。
。Youtube 。Twitch 。

Old Posted 06-16-2015, 04:14 PM Reply With Quote  
Developer
For Keeper of Rainbow, yes, Odin is definitely the helper of choice.

Mega Man: The Light of Will (Mega Man / Green Lantern crossover: In the lead-up to the events of Mega Man 2, Dr. Wily has discovered emotional light technology. How will his creations change how humankind thinks about artificial intelligence? Sadly abandoned. Sufficient Velocity x-post)
Old Posted 06-16-2015, 04:45 PM Reply With Quote  
Pocket Demon Ninja
Default   #773  
and my own blue one as a sub! OuO -pets blue odin-

I wanna hurry and evolve him! *-*

。Youtube 。Twitch 。

Old Posted 06-16-2015, 04:48 PM Reply With Quote  
Developer
Blue Odin doesn't work nearly so well for the job. :P On the other hand, blue Odin IS a pretty well-rounded leader in his own right. (You probably want to bring Valkyrie Reine along on such a team, or, lacking her, Siren or High Water Ninja, because otherwise that team's going to have some RCV problems. Valkyrie Reine is the best choice because her active skill and awoken skills have good synergy.)

Old Posted 06-16-2015, 05:06 PM Reply With Quote  
Pocket Demon Ninja
Default   #775  
He's doing better then Bastet as a sub for the Rainbow Runs. =)

。Youtube 。Twitch 。

Old Posted 06-16-2015, 05:28 PM Reply With Quote  
It's over 9000!
I got the two kitties' awoken skills maxed, now to just level them and then I'll work on the ogre. :3

Old Posted 06-16-2015, 06:40 PM Reply With Quote  
Pocket Demon Ninja
Default   #777  
OO grats =)

i barely worked on my kitties xD

。Youtube 。Twitch 。

Old Posted 06-16-2015, 06:53 PM Reply With Quote  
It's over 9000!
Well I'm trying to build a team that would be good for going after the masks. XD

Old Posted 06-16-2015, 07:41 PM Reply With Quote  
Developer
Default   #779  
New coin dungeons are up.

For the low low price of 3 million coins, you too can be the proud possessor of Apex Blue Flower Dragon, Starling!

I do strongly recommend picking it up if you can. It's one of the more powerful non-descended farmable monsters you can get your hands on.

Old Posted 06-16-2015, 11:27 PM Reply With Quote  
It's over 9000!
Say what now? I don't even have 1mil coins! D:

Old Posted 06-16-2015, 11:52 PM Reply With Quote  
Pocket Demon Ninja
Default   #781  
Coda is it easy to do? D8 if its 1mil coins i'll get my booty kicked.. the 500,000 coin ones kicked my but and i couldn't get the ocean knight ono

Is there anything else worth doing? ouo

-has 4mil coins saved up- DK grinded hard in the tri dungeons this passed weekend. xD

I just wish i could do that last tri dungeon.. i get my booty kicked there.. i think i'll need a team of level 99, ulti evolved, awakened gods or dragons to do it! @o@

I DID GOOD WITH TODAYS DUNGEON! 8D I got 4 Rainbow dudes and 5 dark dudes (one of the dark dudes was from last weeks random appereances in red dudes dungeon) Dark Dudes like Rainbow Dudes dungeon ouo Once I get a few mysic masks and some dub-mythlits I can evolve some more god dudes ouo

My angle is like 2 levels away from evolving Dx its teasing me by making it go slowly

。Youtube 。Twitch 。

Old Posted 06-17-2015, 12:20 AM Reply With Quote  
It's over 9000!
Congrats DK! XD And I know how you feel, I was like that with my red dragon. ^^;

Old Posted 06-17-2015, 12:44 AM Reply With Quote  
The Illusionist
Default   #783  
I just ult my Venus to her Light Dark, so now I have a good functioning Light Kali team. MAYBE NOW. I will be able to to get some things maybe sort of accomplished....

I need to stop getting side tracked and keep leveling up my Ronia team...

Old Posted 06-17-2015, 02:24 AM Reply With Quote  
Pocket Demon Ninja
xD go illu go!

I've been concentrating so much on my god team, my poor dragon team has been forgotten. I'll work on that team next after i finish my god team. i just need a lot more team points to finish my god team and evolve and level them all @-@,

Coda - i'm scared to try that 3mil coin dungeon. ono i don't wanna waste all those coins if its not guaranteed to drop for me ;-;

THe only flower Dragons i see are 500,000 coins o3o

Are you talking about those Flower Dragons? =o

。Youtube 。Twitch 。

Last edited by Demonskid; 06-17-2015 at 08:58 AM.
Old Posted 06-17-2015, 08:12 AM Reply With Quote