Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Fresh meat :D
Default [M] Flobberworm Filling   #1  
[[In the case that this eventually develops mature themes...Uh...This may eventually develop mature themes. ]]

A single pebble skittered across the pavement, getting stuck between the next two blocks of cement. From the origin of the pebble a young woman, dressed slightly peculiarly in clothes that didn’t quite match, tilted her head and spoke in a quiet, but obviously falsely high voice, “Grab some tea for us, Ell. Shine the brooms, Ell. There’s a howler from your mum, Ell. Go get some knotgrass, Ell.” Her face contorted into something just slightly milder than disgust as she approached the pebble, kicking it forward once more, “I swear, if washing their pants is next I’m hexing the lot of them.” She was used to the constant task running at this point. She’d been a part of the department for a couple of years and the relentless had never stopped.

She sighed heavily and pulled a crinkled piece of parchment from the pocket of her heavy green coat, squinting at her own hasty writing. When she looked up again she wiped a stray piece of light brown hair away from her good eye, looking to the nearest street sign. With a humpf she put the parchment back into her pocket and continued down the street. Absently she pushed another stray piece of hair away from the opposite side of her face as before, her fingers brushing over the three vertical scars that ran from above her eyebrow nearly to her jaw. Two of the three went right over her left eye, causing permanent damage to the pupil and her vision. Aside from the pupil damage it was impossible to tell that she had no vision in that eye any longer as there was no other outward difference to the bright blue eye.

After a few more blocks the young woman pulled the parchment from her pocket again and looked at the address she had scribbled down. She looked to the house at her left and smiled smugly. She had almost thought that the others had made up an address to waste her time, but apparently not. As she walked up the small path to the house she hoped that someone of the knotgrass selling persuasion actually lived there. She smoothed her hands over her rough canvas jacket, as if that would help her look a bit less disheveled, and knocked loudly.
Old Posted 05-09-2013, 02:36 AM Reply With Quote  
Honeydew
His hands were buried deep into the soil of a new pot being filled with young Mimbulus Mimbletonia when he heard the knocking at the door, and it was with a careful and steady hand that he pulled his hands free without managing to touch the pustules along the surface of the plant. It was always tricky business trying to deal with the Mimbletonia, and it wouldn’t have been the first time his shop stunk with the odd aromas of his plants. Wiggling the darkened dirt off of his gardening gloves, he freed his hands just in time to hear the knocking once again.

“Hold on, I’ll be there in a moment!” He called out loudly enough that whoever it was could hear him over the soft crooning noises of the already planted Mimbletonias. “I didn’t say anything to you, now hush.” His chastisement seemed to be enough to calm the plants, and taking it as a sign he hurried to the door as he wiped the dirt from his hands and brush the excess mess from his apron so he didn’t look like he’d finished romping with his plants. Not entirely at least.

Running a hand through his blonde hair, effectively smudging both his hair and his forehead with dirt, he opened the door to reveal a woman standing there with a piece of weathered parchment in her hand and a rather smug look on her face. Feeling his own lips turn up in a smile, he cocked his head to the side inquisitively as he laid a dirty hand on the doorway. “How can I help you today, M’am?”
And I can't change
Even if I tried
Even if I wanted to...
What a Doll: Pixel Shop
The [Honey] Comb: Hangout
...I can't change
Even if I try
Even if I wanted to
Old Posted 05-09-2013, 03:05 AM Reply With Quote  
Default   #3  
Assured that there was someone in the building, Ell eased up on the knocking, and took to studying the exterior of the building instead. She didn't really care what it looked like, really, she was just glad this was an actual address.

It didn't take long at all for her to realize that not only did this person exist, but he was more than likely in the plant growing business, unless the dirt on his face, hair, and clothing was a sign that he was in the suspicious evidence burring business, but that didn't seem too likely. Her expression softened slightly to one of relief. She crumpled the parchment again and shoved it back into her pocket, "Please tell me that you actually exist, first of all. And then, assuming the answer to that is yes, I'd really love to hear that you're in the plant selling business."
Old Posted 05-09-2013, 03:15 AM Reply With Quote  
Honeydew
He could admit that he was incredibly confused by the reaction he got just as much as he was glad someone else had heard of his business, and as he wasn’t one to complain he decided to play along. Looking down at himself he gave himself a pat down. “Yep, I’m pretty sure I’m real and here right now, unless I died without knowing it.”

Gently cocking his hip out to the side he rested his hand against it sassily. “And yes, I sell herbs, plants, potion ingredients, you name it. Is there something in particular you’re looking for? I might have it in stock, depending on the bloom season.” Stepping back he opened the door all the way and waved a gesturing arm into the store. “Come on in.”
And I can't change
Even if I tried
Even if I wanted to...
...I can't change
Even if I try
Even if I wanted to
Old Posted 05-09-2013, 03:22 AM Reply With Quote  
Default   #5  
She sighed heavily, out of relief rather than exasperation, "I'm happy to hear all of those things, thank you." She offered a quick smile as she walked past him into the house. She was instantly impressed by the amount of plants everywhere, and there was no doubt this showed on her face.

Placing both of her hands on her hips she whistled softly. After a moment of silent approval and reverence she turned her attention back to the man, "Knotgrass? Is it the proper season for that?" She scrunched her nose slightly, "I only need a couple of ounces."
Old Posted 05-09-2013, 03:33 AM Reply With Quote  
Honeydew
It was always a gratifying moment when he saw the look on people’s faces when they saw his work, and he was sure that oftentimes he looked just as pleased and surprised as well. “Knotgrass, knotgrass, polygonum or polygonatum,” he hummed softly as he brushed past into the next room. Pushing away the ivy of the plants he revealed a small shaped filled with bottles and jars varying in size and shape. He pulled several from the shelf, peering through the glass at the contents and the messy scrawl across the label until he found the one he was looking for.

“Here we go, knotgrass, knotweed, polygonum, bistort, just what you’re looking for.” Pulling out the cork with a small pop as he re-entered the main hallway he plucked one of the stems and flowers from the bottle, and as he reached in for another he found it to be empty. Turning it over completely he gave it a shake or two and only got another couple of crushed petals. “I’m not sure I have enough for what you need,” he explained, putting the little remains back into the jar and setting it aside as he started back for his shelf of herbs. “How much did you say you needed again?”
And I can't change
Even if I tried
Even if I wanted to...
...I can't change
Even if I try
Even if I wanted to
Old Posted 05-09-2013, 03:43 AM Reply With Quote  
Default   #7  
She snorted softly as the man started talking to himself. As he moved she turned in order to keep him in view, he seemed to be a pleasant man, Ell was surprised she hadn't heard of him or his business before. Obviously he cared about his plants, that probably meant they were a good quality.

Another brief smile flicked across her face as he returned, not diminishing when it was determined that he may not have the amount that she needed. "Only a couple of ounces," she replied, turning to watch him again, "I can make do with whatever you've got left, though. It won't really be the end of the world."
Old Posted 05-09-2013, 03:57 AM Reply With Quote  
Honeydew
“I should have some more around here somewhere.” Fingering through more jars and bottles, he abandoned his search there in favor of rifling through his desk drawers. “The harvest season was not that long ago, and I don’t particularly remember selling so much that I’m already out,” the man explained, looking into an empty bottle before setting it aside and continuing to rummage.

“You know,” he started, closing that drawer and re-entering the foyer to look find the woman again. “If you’re using it for the potion there might be some kind of substitute, depending on how specific the recipe is.” With the small jar of a stem sitting on the counter, he swiped it to press it into the woman’s palm. “I will keep my eye out for the rest of the knotgrass though. Is there a way I might be able to let you know if I find it?”
And I can't change
Even if I tried
Even if I wanted to...
...I can't change
Even if I try
Even if I wanted to
Old Posted 05-10-2013, 12:38 AM Reply With Quote  
Default   #9  
Her attention stayed on the man, turning so that she was still able to watch him as he searched for the rest of the knotgrass, though she didn't comment as he spoke. There wasn't all that much she could really add to his commentary anyway, not knowing too much about the proper season to harvest, well, anything really.

She closed her fingers around the bottle as it was handed over, one side of her lips tugging up into a smirk, "Depends how official you want to be. You can always send a note to me at the office, or I can give you my address." As she shrugged she slipped the bottle into one of the inner pockets of her jacket, "It's your choice."
Old Posted 05-10-2013, 02:11 AM Reply With Quote  
Honeydew
“I’m going to make the assumption that you needed the knotgrass for work, so for now I think that a way to send a note to your office will suffice,” he offered with a smile, “but honestly whichever way is more convenient for you, I don’t mind either way.” One more time he took a seat as his desk to open one last drawer and found it to be lacking in the herb as well.

Instead he contented himself with finding a pad of paper and a pen for the woman to write down what she would. “Is there anything else I might interest you in today? I just finished drying some nettle if that might suit your needs, or maybe some Rose thorns and Lavender? oh, and I should probably introduce myself.” He stood from his chair, offering a slightly dirty hand for a handshake. “I’m Gayle.”
And I can't change
Even if I tried
Even if I wanted to...
...I can't change
Even if I try
Even if I wanted to
Old Posted 05-13-2013, 12:17 AM Reply With Quote  
Default   #11  
She took the paper with a near silent thanks and scribbled her name and the proper way to get a note to her at work in the best handwriting she could manage, all the while keeping half of her attention on the man.

Smiling brightly, she took his hand without hesitation and shook it, "Pleasure, Gayle. Name's Ell, and," she let go of his hand and slid the pad of paper back across the counter towards him, "I'm not an expert in potions, by any means, but if you can recommend a substitute for knotgrass I'll take some of that, too. Granted, I'll still want to know if you find more knotgrass, but until then."
Old Posted 05-15-2013, 08:21 PM Reply With Quote