Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Poconut Overlord
Default [Athilea & Jurinjo] Shadow Magicks   #1  
Behold the cheap magic of copy and paste xD;

No believes in magic anymore, at least most don't. And those that do are rather few in comparison. The magic left in our world is weak. And it's because of the paranoia of our ancestors they sealed away all the magic in a pocket between dimensions. It is small, but chaotic as pure magic is eventually formed order. Allowing a world to grow and thrive... inhabitants of this world are either thrown into here as "heretics" by an ancient system to kill anyone who practices the arts. The enity that fulfills this is the reapers (or whatever you want). Anyways that's the basics, and this story is actually reused of my first own rp long dead

((this is between me and Athilea so please don't post. But if you want to read have fun, though I doubt we're interesting enough to hold your attention lol))
Old Posted 09-25-2010, 12:23 AM Reply With Quote  
Poconut Overlord
Name: Suede Vertolle
Fighting Style: Favors fire spells and a handful of other spells that make him hard to hit. Suede can survive many blows but is prone to mistakes, and weak to ice and stun effects.
Bio: Suede is known to his friends as Mr. Smiley. Ever the ball of sunshine he moves forward in life thinking only the best of things. He never really believed in magic till he came face to burn with a fireball another novice wizard inadvertently sent flying at him. Having such power was like a dream come true, unfortunately the dream became a nightmare. A reaper tracked him down, not that he knew about it in the first place, and found himself thrown into another world...
Appearance: Naturally pale complexion and black hair, which he recently dyed with some white bands. It goes into a pony tail most of the time. He is 5ft 9in tall, and very skinny.

1st picture I used for him
Gift art to me
Gift Art- and yes Suede is terrified of spiders xD
Last edited by Jurinjo; 10-05-2010 at 08:15 PM.
Old Posted 09-25-2010, 12:26 AM Reply With Quote  
On in to the future
Default   #3  
Username: Athilea Majiri
Character Name: Nelda "Ghost" Mercer
Fighting Style: She tends to use her abilities in a way that would leave her enemies off balance and allow her a chance to escape. Usually by using ice to slip them up unexpectedly.
Bio: She has always been passive, the sort to try to stay out of fights when she could. If they could not be avoided, then she did what she could to escape before it came to blows. The reason was because she had discovered her abilities at a very young age and knew what she could do accidentally. The last thing that she wanted was to be discovered, and the best way to avoid that was to hide her ability.
Appearance: She is short, standing around 5'2 with blond hair that is so pale as to almost be white. Her complexion, though natural, was pale enough that she was often called Ghost. Her eyes were a shade of blue that could be considered 'icy' This is what she looks like...most likely without the tiger.
Call me Ath!

Old Posted 09-25-2010, 01:04 AM Reply With Quote  
Poconut Overlord
At first it was a normal day for him. He went to school and came home. Later once it was dark out he decided to venture outside the apartment where he lived. Nothing exciting happened at first.

It was peaceful well...as much peace as a city street could get. Suede wasn't like most boys as he had found he was quite good at magic. However having talent alone wasn't good enough. Being smart enough to not risk using it in the open he "listened" to the magic energy floating around him. At first he could only sense what he could describe as a jumble of noise. But gradually he started to recognize things.

With eyes closed Suede contentedly walked passed an alleyway without even a sense of danger on his mind. And then it grabbed him. The shadows literally shot out from the alley and pulled him in. At first he panicked- thrashing and attempting to scream, only to be stifled. Realizing what had him in its grips wasn't human he did one of his favorite escape tactics: teleporting. It was a difficult spell and he could only escape about a meter. But he was out of the grasp of the darkness.

"crapcrapcrapshadowsalmostatemecrap!" Suede was wary of every shadow as he ran towards the closest save haven: a little cafe on the corner. His eyes darted everywhere for the slightest movement. It was night, darkness is hard to avoid at night.
Old Posted 09-25-2010, 01:23 AM Reply With Quote  
On in to the future
Default   #5  
It was a typical day in her life. She did not go to the school because her parents were afraid of what might happen. They knew about her, and kept her secret close. So she was home schooled. Unfortunately this meant that she didn't really have a lot of friends, and when she did venture into the world she was shunned.

It mattered little to her though. She had places that she enjoyed being, and she would visit them even if she had no company. So she left her house with the thought of going to the cafe and reading for a while. It had a nice atmosphere and pleasant music. The girl avoided using her abilities in anyway, though. She knew she could touch the magic around her, hear it, feel it, but she didn't want to risk anything happening while she had a tight grip on the source of her abilities.

Nalda was walking down the street and towards the cafe. She didn't notice the boys footsteps until they were on top of her and she was not fast enough to get out of his way. They fell over in a tangle of arms and legs, her book flying from her hand and skidding across the side walk. She had not screamed though, the sound she had made was more of mild surprise then fear.
Call me Ath!

Old Posted 09-25-2010, 01:31 AM Reply With Quote  
Poconut Overlord
FWAP in a blur of adrenaline Suede found himself kissing pavement. He'd been so intent on shadows he missed obvious obstructions...wait he hit someone not something. The fall happened in a few very short seconds, and it took just slightly longer for Suede to gather himself.

"Sorry, in a hurry gotta go!" A slight pang of guilt hit him as he turned his back to what was essentially a hit and run victim then something else clicked. The fear he held calmed somewhat as he felt the aura around the girl.

"You...have power to don't you?" In other words magic, but he couldn't really say that could he? She would think he's crazy! Well his way of saying didn't really make much of a difference then did it?
Old Posted 09-26-2010, 06:53 PM Reply With Quote  
On in to the future
Default   #7  
She was still sitting on the side walk, dazed and looking up at him. She hadn't been hurt other then a few scraps, but the impact and fall seemed to have scared her more then she had shown. Her icy eyes held him for a long time before she responded, her voice a little shaky, "Y...yes." She was hesitant to answer.

She knew nothing of the boy that had knocked her off of her feet in his haste. She had just shared something with him that was a dangerous secret. Yet, he had known. How? He must have something of magic in him. That could explain his haste, which would potentially make her admission all the more dangerous.

The air seemed to grow colder around her before she realized what she was doing. Ice crystals formed on the side walk, making it sparkle, and their breath became visible. The girl had suddenly become wary of the situation, and was reacting without thinking as a result.
Call me Ath!

Old Posted 09-26-2010, 07:52 PM Reply With Quote  
Poconut Overlord
((not a very good post...I blame the coffee xD))
Suede's face lifted into a large smile. He didn't knew he had felt so alone until he realize there were more out there. That never struck him before until now. Suede hated cold weather with a passion and notice it get noticeably colder. Not enough to draw much attention- except that around her frost was starting to form.

"Hey it's okay." he said focusing some heat on his hand as he reached out for her to grab it.
Old Posted 09-26-2010, 08:02 PM Reply With Quote  
On in to the future
Default   #9  
She stood suddenly and stepped back from him, her eyes wide. "Why were you running? Who is after you? Did..did someone find out about you?" The last thing the girl needed was someone finding out the secret she had worked so hard to hide, and this boy may very well have brought it all crashing down on her head.

((It's alright. ^_^ I don't mind short posts.))
Call me Ath!

Old Posted 09-26-2010, 08:08 PM Reply With Quote  
Poconut Overlord
((Whatever happens the end result will still have to be that thing, whatever it looks like, to throw us into that other world))

Suede's nervousness came back. "Oh crap I forgot about that!" If this was an anime he'd do a face palm right now. However this was apparently a horror movie cause at that very moment a shadow like a dark hand rose from the ground behind the girl.

Next thing he knew a fireball was soaring at it. "Behind you!" he called after realizing what he'd done. But not carry about it while his life was in danger.
Old Posted 09-26-2010, 08:53 PM Reply With Quote  
On in to the future
Default   #11  
She turned and backed up a couple of steps before she managed to gather herself. Her eyes were wide and she made attempts to control the ice she had already formed against the thing, but nothing seemed to work. She could not seem to do anything that would effect a shadowy creature as this way.

She glanced back at him, and that momentary lapse in attention was all it took for the thing to seize an opportunity. It grabbed her and, though she struggled, she could do nothing against the thing. Nelda screamed and the air around her seemed to freeze in her terror, but it did not seem to effect the creature.
Call me Ath!

Old Posted 09-26-2010, 09:11 PM Reply With Quote  
Poconut Overlord
((I'm debating whether where we get spat out. Want to be near civilization or more rural?))

Whoever that girl was her grasp over magic was impressive. Her ice whirled and spiked at the creature but it didn't seem affected. As if...all it was was a shadow. It was his turn to fight back before it got him too. So direct hits didn't work, his first fireball helped prove fire did nothing either. Suede jumped up summoning as much energy as he could spare for his flurry of attacks. He swiped at the air sending lines of flame at and around the shadow while at the same time commanding bolts of lighting to rain down. Of course that was more sparingly used since there was a risk of Bar-Bee-Q-ing the girl. All were equally of no affect, but now he realized something he didn't with the ice. The beast absorbed all of it!

Before Suede couldn't even reach the earth again he was in its clutches and the darkness swallowed him. He gasped, allowing the darkness in and it filled him like water. Stifling his scream, suffocating him, and ending all thought.

Later Suede came to. Groaning as he lifted his battered body he thew out a question to no one in particular. "Where am I?"
Old Posted 09-26-2010, 09:23 PM Reply With Quote  
On in to the future
Default   #13  
((I'm thinking rural would be nice.))

She fought for her life, because she was certain that death was immanent. The next thing she knew she was waking up on the cold, but soft, ground. She could smell the earth that was already frozen around her and immediately she controlled herself and stopped the weave of magic around her. Nelda tried to push herself up, but the world lurched and spun so she lay back for a moment.

The boy was a little distance from her, and she heard him ask the question. Her voice was soft, but it carried, "I...do not know." She turned her head towards the sound of his voice, "What...what was that thing? Where is it?"
Call me Ath!

Old Posted 09-26-2010, 09:49 PM Reply With Quote  
Poconut Overlord
Unbelievably Suede couldn't find it in himself to panic. How they got here was a blank. The way parts of his body ached probably meant he fell and hit something. He attempted to look around only to be struck down by nausea as well. "urgk" Suede stifled down his dinner almost choking on it.

A deep breath, he felt for the familiar and horrible being. "Everything feels normal. That shadow thing sucked in all energy around it." Suede shifted slightly to pull a twig from out under his ass. "ow...but doesn't it feel like there's more magic here?" he asked the girl. Suede hoped where ever they were nothing else came after them til they both where back in shape to even stand.
Old Posted 09-27-2010, 12:41 PM Reply With Quote  
On in to the future
Default   #15  
The girl drew her eyebrows together and felt around her before nodding. She immediately regretted the motion, "Yes...yes it does." She closed her eyes before she sat up and opened her eyes again. Nelda gasped and stood immediately, though she staggered a bit.

She turned around and almost fell again, but there was a look of disbelief on her face, "What...where are we?" She raked her fingers through nearly white hair before she looked back at him, "This..." She paused, "Where ever we are, it's beautiful."
Call me Ath!

Old Posted 09-27-2010, 05:33 PM Reply With Quote  
Poconut Overlord
((I hope you don't mind me choosing it to be daytime))

Suede sat up in a relaxed facing the same way as the girl. "yeah it is...oh we never shared our names. I'm Suede." He smiled bathing in the glow of the rising sun. A beautiful start to a rather grim night they had. Just for the moment he cleared all those concerns and petty logic and felt the majesty of nature surrounding them.
Old Posted 09-28-2010, 01:15 AM Reply With Quote