Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Barrel of Monkeys
Default (x) Auspicious & Moony   #1  
Name: Dalea
Race: Human
Weapons: Fans and throwing knives
Personality: Caring, generous, easily bored. A little short tempered, good sense of humor, loves to drink. Also, very flirtatious.
Bio: Her personality both got her into being a priestess and got her kicked out at the same time. After telling off an old man that was mooching off the temple.
Last edited by Maniacal_Moon; 11-02-2011 at 11:39 PM.
Old Posted 11-02-2011, 11:07 PM Reply With Quote  
Barrel of Monkeys

Name: Elias
Race: Elf
Weapon(s): twin daggers and a cross bow
Personality: Arrogant, mischievous, easily bored. Lecherous.
Bio: Elias is not motivated by things like love or honor. Heck, he's not even really big on doing things out of compassion or because he's expected to either. Elias only does things when they benefit him, and as such, makes a pretty terrible elf.
Questing: Whisper Wings. Please sell me some :(
Old Posted 11-02-2011, 11:29 PM Reply With Quote  
Barrel of Monkeys
Default   #3  
Dalea smiled as she walked down the street towards the small town's market. She just came out of the local shop that she just happened to own. She'd been a potion maker for her fellow priests and priestesses back at her p;d shrine. But, now she was a member of a small town and liking the quiet life for the most part. She did miss the big city's bars and night life though. She had met a few other outsiders in the town and befriended them. One of which being a condradiction to his race. The elf by the name of Elias.
Old Posted 11-02-2011, 11:42 PM Reply With Quote  
Barrel of Monkeys
Elias sat inconspicuously with a stalk of wheat in his mouth, some of the men were blathering on about something unimportant and equally uninteresting.
The only reason he was still there was because the Ale was good, the wenches were cute, and Morrow - a big guy with a stomach the size of a keg- had a huge bugger hanging from his nostril and Elias was curious to see how long it hung there before he noticed.
"Are you listening Elias?" snorted a wiry man named Rawn, as he pushed his spectacles higher up on his long, hooked nose.
"Huh? Oh...Um.. No" he admitted with his wolfish grin.
Rawn sighed irritably. " We were talking about our next job... Are you interested?" he asked.
Job?
Jobs meant money.
Elias's ears perked. " How much are they paying?" he asked.
Morrow let out a bellowing laugh. " This guy! He doesn't even ask how hard the job is, or what it is even... He just wants to know how much it pays".
Elias grinned and shrugged, before returning to chewing on his wheat stalk.
" The pay is good. Split between the four of us, we get 300 gold pieces each".
Elias sat forward again. " That's a pretty decent price... What are we killing?" he inquired rougishly.
(Sorry 'bout that, for some reason, it didn't subscribe this thread when I did it earlier.)
Old Posted 11-03-2011, 12:47 AM Reply With Quote  
Barrel of Monkeys
Default   #5  
(I am curious. Is he in the same town?)

Dalea smiled as she roamed the market, buying her usual stock of ingrediants for her shop and even her own kitchen. She was a lover of spices and herbs, so she had a whole basket load of them. When she saw some of the younger kids picking on another little girl, she got upset and walked over. "You guys better leave this poor girl alone. One day she may end up your better and you'll be sorry you messed with her." The look on her face scared the boys more than her words had, they went running and scrambling over each other to get away from her.
Old Posted 11-03-2011, 01:04 AM Reply With Quote  
Barrel of Monkeys
(Nope. They are going on a job to your town).
Elias stopped at his home to pick up some things he needed to travel. Spare clothes. Money. Food. And of course his weapons.
His crew was waiting on him when he finished and together they headed out.
(Do you have a name for your town?)
Old Posted 11-03-2011, 01:30 AM Reply With Quote  
Barrel of Monkeys
Default   #7  
(what sort of job?)

Dalea made the girl run off to find someone nice to play with. Then, she went to find head home and put away her herbs and spices. She always bought them whole and fresh, then chopped them up finely and sometimes pressed them to get the oils and juices. She had jars and jars of things in her cellar, not to mention her shelves full of potions in her shop on the first floor.

(Umm....I think it should be called Narisal? Lol)
Last edited by Maniacal_Moon; 11-03-2011 at 01:38 AM.
Old Posted 11-03-2011, 01:35 AM Reply With Quote  
Barrel of Monkeys
"Okay Elias, the assignment is in Narisal, it's a nice little town about twenty miles west of here... They've been experiencing some strange abductions lately... We think there may be a band of criminals holding these victims for ransom" Rawn answered.
Elias yawned, and stretched. "Well, what are we waiting for Ladies... Lets go..." he mused.
They all laughed, and headed in the direction of the town called Narisol.
Elias was looking forward to going back. He wondered if his good friend Dalea still lived there.
He hadn't seen her in a great while.
Old Posted 11-03-2011, 02:06 AM Reply With Quote  
Barrel of Monkeys
Default   #9  
Dalea smiled as she worked, thinking about things she needed to do. She didn't mind keeping busy, because it usually kept her out of trouble. Which, in a way was why she was still living here. Some things concerned her for awhile around here though. Kids never used to pick on each other that severely. It had been happening ever since her neighbor's kid got abducted. As far as she knew, there weren't any letters or signs of the kidnappers wanting a ransom. She thought this odd, unless they had just killed the little boy.
Old Posted 11-03-2011, 02:43 AM Reply With Quote  
Barrel of Monkeys
After traveling for most of the day, Elias and his crew stopped at an inn to rest for the night.
Lying in bed, Elias began to think about his 'mission'.
Rawn had gone into more detail as they had traveled. It seems that the abductions were more strange then he had originally thought.
No notes. No ransoms. Nothing.
He wondered what the motive was.
Old Posted 11-03-2011, 02:48 AM Reply With Quote  
Barrel of Monkeys
Default   #11  
Dalea soon finished her prep work for the next day. It was surprising sometimes how many travelers passed through her store. Sometimes, there was a group of them and they bought alot. Hunters also came in to get medicines for injuries they got hunting. Accidents mostly, other times they got bit by something or rubbed against a poisoness plant. She headed upstairs for the night and fell asleep swiftly.
Old Posted 11-03-2011, 02:54 AM Reply With Quote  
Barrel of Monkeys
About mid day the next day they finally walked into Narisol. It was just as crowded and quaint as he remembered.
They made their way to the address of their employer.
Elias was not so surprised to learn that he had been employed by the village leader.
Once he filled them in on the information, it was clear as to what they were to do.
Elias would wait at the bar and see if he could hear anything interesting or useful pertaining to the abductions.
They quickly purchased rooms at the local inn, and waited for sundown to head to the tavern.
Old Posted 11-03-2011, 03:01 AM Reply With Quote  
Barrel of Monkeys
Default   #13  
Around midday, Dalea was out and about the town. She was just visiting patients, a few people who were ill around town. But, someone at one of her suppliers pulled her to the side and told her that the elder had hired people to find out what happened to the few children that had been taken. Dalea's eyes widened and she rushed to the town hall. She saw the elder alone and rushed up to him. "Jessi, what happened? Was another taken last night? Who did you hire?" He shook his head, and shrugged. "No, just the two were taken. The ones I hired looked well enough. They're staying at the inn." Dalea smiled and kissed Jessi's cheek. "Thanks." Then she rushed out and headed for the inn.
Old Posted 11-03-2011, 03:10 AM Reply With Quote  
Barrel of Monkeys
Elias admired himself in the mirror. He sure was a good looking guy.
Shooting himself a wink and a smirk, he pulled a clean shirt on and went to head out the door.
The others had left without him, as it would look suspicious for them all to arrive at the tavern together.
Whistling a tune underneath his breath, he sauntered down the hall and through an open door way without paying complete attention.
His body hit something -or rather someone- solid.
"Ooof!" he groaned, as he was knocked onto his backside.
Old Posted 11-03-2011, 03:25 AM Reply With Quote  
Barrel of Monkeys
Default   #15  
Dalea had walked in, looking for new people in the town. But, then she ran into someone and fell on top of this person. "Oh...I'm so sorry. I wasn't watc-" She then saw who it was and squealed excitedly. "Elias!" She hugged him around the neck and kicked her feet like a child.
Old Posted 11-03-2011, 03:29 AM Reply With Quote  
Barrel of Monkeys
Face filled with familiar silver hair.
"Dalea?" he asked, unable to see a face, as the person had hugged him tightly.
Sounded like Dalea.
He reached up and hugged her back, attempting to sit up.
Old Posted 11-03-2011, 03:34 AM Reply With Quote