Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Local Weirdo
Default   #33  
Shaun just stood there waiting for Mavek to say he was joking. Nothing happened.
Okay.. so this guy IS crazy... he thought.
He shook his head, figuring he should see if this guy was using certain words for different meanings or something of that sort.
"You mean demon as in... some sort of warlord? Terrorist leader? Something like that right?" he asked him, very skeptical. Even though the man didn't seem to have meant it in another way or didn't seem like he was joking... he had to be.
Old Posted 01-11-2011, 11:01 PM Reply With Quote  
Exp. + 9,000

"I mean demon as in nothing like you've ever encountered before," Mavek said and shook his head. He knew that part of the story was going to be hard to believe. "Do you accept the job or not? You can go find another job if you don't want my money. I can find someone else to help me." He was beginning to grow impatient with these things as it was. He hadn't found anyone that would be acceptable to help him attempt the destruction of this demon as it was... They couldn't do it alone and most of the humans he thought were acceptable tried and failed because they didn't accept his help... He sighed at that thought as he continued to glare forward, looking at this man to find out if he was going to accept the job or not.

[ L v e ]

There's nothing wrong with just a taste of what you paid for...
Old Posted 01-11-2011, 11:13 PM Reply With Quote  
Local Weirdo
Default   #35  
The way he was talking to him made Shaun feel as though his skills were being questioned. He wasn't the type of man who was always worrying about his pride and trivial things like that, but he found it hard to turn down a challenge. He shoved the money down into his pocket and glared back up at Mavek.
"I'll do it. I'm actually betting on this being an easy one, no trouble at all," he said, knowing that he sounded cocky and arrogant but not caring. This was his job, and he would do it, no matter what sort of assignment he was being given.
He stood there, waiting for his new client to tell him all of the basic information of this assassination. Surely it was just another person he was supposed to go make quick work of.
Old Posted 01-11-2011, 11:23 PM Reply With Quote  
Exp. + 9,000

Grinning broadly, Mavek's arms dropped from his chest again as he took some steps forward. He was more than in this man's privacy as he looked down at him. "There's one last thing though..." he said as he began to unbutton his shirt. "You see..." He got it halfway unbuttoned and pulled it to the side, revealing his tattoo. "Things are more complicated that you first anticipated. He grabbed Shaun's arm with his left hand and then used his right to pick off one of the dragon heads from his tattoo. It came off with a small fight, squirming under his touch. The remaining two then fused together like it had always just been a mirror reflection of the other side. He smacked it down on Shaun's arm and watched it as it slithered up his skin to reside on the same spot it used to be on his own anatomy. "You can't do it on your own... And now we're connected. With that, you share some of my same powers now... Mainly the ability to regenerate wounds... In case it's needed." He then dropped the man's arm and smirked down at him, wondering if he really thought this was going to be a normal job.

[ L v e ]

Old Posted 01-11-2011, 11:41 PM Reply With Quote  
Local Weirdo
Default   #37  
He stood there frozen as the man took part of his tattoo off and put it onto his arm. It tingled a bit as it wriggled up his arm and he felt it settle on his chest. His eyes were wide with disbelief.
Then he grabbed the collar of his shirt and pulled it out away from his torso, doing the same with the bullet-proof vest that protect him underneath it. There was the dragon tattoo, quietly writhing on his skin.
"What the fuck was that?!" Shaun yelled out without thinking, grabbing Mavek's wrist tightly.
"What did you do to me?!" he asked this time, wondering what the hell this guy was and what this meant for him.
Old Posted 01-12-2011, 05:52 PM Reply With Quote  
Exp. + 9,000

Laughing outloud at this man's reaction, Mavek shook his head and leaned down, his eyes perfectly in line with this man. "There's no way you would be able to do this mission without my help... This tattoo," he began and then pulled down his shirt some more, showing the remaining two that were on the left side of his chest.
"Is part of my power... But it's not only a tattoo... It's much more than you could imagine," he said and then removed his hand from his shirt. "You now have part of my power. If you get hurt, your wounds will heal in a matter of minutes instead of days... Even weeks it would take to heal some things. Not now though... Not for now..."
It wasn't obvious, but he was leaving something out about this. He just found his reaction to be insanely comical though. "You're not dealing with humans anymore."

[ L v e ]

Old Posted 01-12-2011, 06:02 PM Reply With Quote  
Local Weirdo
Default   #39  
This is ridiculous... Shaun thought, staring down again at the black mark on his chest.
So this whole mess about demons and shit was true... just what he needed. It was hard enough surviving in a place with just human beings, now he was going to have to deal with things that were even deadlier.
Instead of freaking out and running away crying like someone else might have done, Shaun just dropped Mavek's wrist and looked him in the eye.

"Fine. Just tell me what we're going to do now. The quicker I finish this job, the better," he told him, his brief freak-out over and done with. This world knew how to throw you for loops, and this was just another test of survival for him. Like everything else he went through he might pass it, or he could very well fail it and his life would end. It was the way things worked here, and he was up for the challenge.
Old Posted 01-12-2011, 06:10 PM Reply With Quote  
Exp. + 9,000

"Your determination and perseverance is inspiring as well as precious," Mavek said with another laugh. He then turned and looked deeper into the woods. He shrugged his shoulders lightly and then turned back to look at this man. He buttoned his shirt back up, but left the top two buttons undone like he'd had before. He then grinned broadly at this man. He seemed different already... Just with the change in power he'd received. He didn't feel it yet, but he would when the tattoo completely settled in. Even now, it would be shifting and changing into another form... A form of its own choosing.

"Now then... This demon travels, but always stays within the same areas. It's about a two day walk to get to the area he roams, so it's not that bad... Not that bad at all," he went on to explain. "I don't think you're going to have a problem killing this demon at all... But... Sometimes I am surprised. I would kill him myself but there's something about this demon... Another demon can't destroy him."

[ L v e ]

Old Posted 01-12-2011, 06:46 PM Reply With Quote  
Local Weirdo
Default   #41  
"So I just have to find this guy and kill him, sounds simple enough to me."
He tried to ignore how this man was talking to him like he was some cute little kid.
For some reason, he was already pumped and ready for his job. Usually he would want at least a day of down time before continuing onto another one, but this time all he felt was energy and excitement to go and kill this thing.
He grabbed his jacket over the place where the dragon sat. This thing was doing something to him. He never felt any sort of bloodlust before... but now he was aching to go and kill something.
Slowly, he loosened his grip on the material of his jacket and let his arm fall to his side.

"I just have to go get payment from my last job... you can go to the room I have in the motel just on the outskirts of the town. It won't take me long. Here's the room key," he told Mavek as he reached into his pocket and took out the card. He tossed it to him and then started to walk away, again going to meet up with the other soldiers. The general who had assigned him the job was bound to be there by now, and he would have Shaun's payment.
Old Posted 01-12-2011, 07:04 PM Reply With Quote  
Exp. + 9,000

Snatching the cardkey out of the air, Mavek slipped it into his pocket after reading the name of the hotel. He could manage. All he had to do was find the room that smelled the most like him.. It would be so easy since he was already so familiar with this man's scent... Which was amazing since he hadn't been around him too much. He was sure that he wasn't going to have a problem finding the place or the room.

Nodding his head, he shoved his hands into his pockets and started in the direction he'd stated. He had so many thoughts running through his mind as he walked, pretty familiar with the layout of a lot of cities and towns around here. He did a lot of traveling as it was and he even took some mercenary jobs like this man did for some of the money he had... Though, his jobs were usually to kill another demon.

[ L v e ]

Old Posted 01-12-2011, 07:17 PM Reply With Quote  
Local Weirdo
Default   #43  
The group of soldiers was still there when he finally arrived, the one who had given Shaun the job there just like he thought.
"Hey Grieves, what took you so long?" one soldier asked him as a different said, "Grieves! That was amazing back there!"
Completely differing attitudes. He ignored both of them and walked to the general.
The general was a big man in his width, a strong body that took up more space than the usual person.
The large man turned to face him with a stern look.
"You did a good job here, all enemies were eliminated or captured."
Shaun had to resist rolling his eyes. He knew what he had done and he knew from the beginning of this job that he would have been able to do it.

He shifted his weight and crossed his arms over his chest.
"Well then, I'm glad that you're satisfied. I will be too once I receive the rest of my payment," he told the general, not wanting to beat around the bush.
The other man grunted and his eye twitched the tiniest bit. But instead of countering with a remark of his own he reached into a small bag he had with him and pulled out a large stack of bills. He held it out to Shaun and he took it willingly.
"Thank you, I have another job to attend to immediately, so excuse me," he told him, then immediately turning on his heel and walked off.
The soldiers he passed looked as though they wanted to have a chat with him or go get a drink. He wouldn't have any of it. He had never planned on staying in this area even if he hadn't gotten this new job. He would just be leaving tomorrow so why bother having idle chit-chat and possibly becoming buddies with these other men?

The sun was still high in the sky, but afternoon had come and it was starting to tilt downwards towards the horizon. He didn't plan on leaving until tomorrow morning, the eagerness to get on with the next job had faded. Perhaps he had wanted to go was because of adrenaline or something of the sort. The cheap motel he was staying at wasn't too far away from the ex-headquarters of the raiders who had occupied this town. The place was quite an eye-sore, but it was the only place to stay in this haggard town. He walked down the length of the building until he came to his room, the wooden door faded and scratched.
The demon had his room key so he had no choice but to knock and wait for him to let him in.
Old Posted 01-13-2011, 03:59 PM Reply With Quote  
Exp. + 9,000

It didn't take him too long to make it to the proper motel... Mainly because it was pretty much the only place to stay as it was. He slid the card key along the scanner and then stepped inside. He closed the door behind him and inhaled. It smelled strongly of that man in the room and it made him feel great. The smell was strong, pure, and rather intoxicating. He looked around the room as he walked over to the bed. He took the bag off of his shoulder and placed it on the floor. He always forgot he had that though because there was barely anything in it. Just some extra clothes and some extra money as well... He didn't have the need for weapons of any kind as it was... He had more than enough weapons on him even if someone were to take his bag from him.

After he'd looked through all of the things in the room, including Shaun's, Mavek got a little bored... He then locked the door and went into the bathroom. He brought his bag in there and figured he could wash these clothes later as he stripped himself down. He turned on the shower and sighed when he stepped under the hot spray of water. He took a few minutes to just stand there and enjoy the relaxing way the water dripped down his shoulders and back. Then he began to wash, shaking his head at the tiny shampoo bottles and everything inside of the shower. He took a pretty long shower though, enjoying it like he always did. He loved to take showers because the water was just so damned relaxing.

Sighing when he turned the water off, he stepped out of the shower and grabbed a towel. He ran it through his hair really quickly and violently, just wanting to get it mostly dry. He then dried off his skin and as he was pretty much done with that, he heard a knock at the door. It must be Shaun. He wrapped the towel around his waist in a hurry and then walked out of the bathroom. He opened the door and laughed.

"I took advantage of the shower. Hope that doesn't bother you. The card key's on the bed," he said as he turned around and walked back to the bathroom to get dressed and finish drying off.

[ L v e ]

Old Posted 01-13-2011, 08:56 PM Reply With Quote  
Local Weirdo
Default   #45  
He was just a little surprised to see that Mavek had completely made himself at home in his room. He definitely had not expected to be assaulted with a half-naked demon/man and he couldn't help the color that rushed to his cheeks when he was greeted by him.
He shook his head as Mavek walked away back into the bathroom.

"Damn demon, burning my retinas..." he muttered under his breath, picking up the room key off of the bed.
Then he went to grab the large duffel bag he always carried, but it wasn't under the bed where he had left it. Instead it was sitting on the wobbly chair next to the bed, and the zipper was slightly opened.
Shaun wasn't the type who didn't mind if people just went through his things.

He walked over to the bathroom and started banging on the door with his fist.
"Hey, dammit demon! Who the fuck said you could look through my things huh?!"
He was grinding his teeth now, getting more and more pissed with this guy.
If he would be able to stand the idea of quitting a job he would quit right now out of complete dislike of his client.
Old Posted 01-13-2011, 10:02 PM Reply With Quote  
Exp. + 9,000

When he got back into the bathroom, he grinned broadly at the fact that his flesh had caused this man to blush. He then removed the towel from his waist and finished drying himself off. He then scrubbed the towel over his hair again to make sure it was dry enough. He pulled on his underwear and was in the middle of zipping up his pants when he heard Shaun banging on the door. He rolled his eyes as he zipped his fly, but then he stopped when he'd heard the word demon... It caused his eyes to slit and his hair to stand on end.

Did it ever occur to this man that he didn't really like being a demon? That he hadn't always been a demon? That he wasn't really that bad? He felt his horns grow out of his head as he growled. His skin was turning a much paler color as he grabbed the doorknob and swung it open harshly. He was glaring down at Shaun as he stood there, his form still changing and the spikes beginning to protrude from his arm. His tail was already swishing behind him as he looked down through his messy hair.

"Don't you dare call me a demon. I wasn't always like this you jack ass. I just shifted through your shit to see what kind of a person I was dealing with here. We don't exactly know each other. You need to calm the fuck down. I knew what weapons you had on your person, but I was curious to see what kinds you had in your bag," he growled out through his gritted teeth. He really wasn't happy right now and it was probably all too obvious... He didn't appreciate how this man continued to talk to him.

[ L v e ]

Old Posted 01-13-2011, 10:16 PM Reply With Quote  
Local Weirdo
Default   #47  
When the man came out with horns growing out of his head and spikes out of his arms Shaun couldn't help but take a small step back. But after the small stumble he stood his ground and glared back at Mavek.
"Look, I don't know your story or anything, I'm sure you have issues just like anybody else. One of my issues is that I don't want people going through my shit. I don't give a fuck what your intentions were. I'm doing this job for you so just leave me and my stuff alone."
He was pissed at him, but Shaun figured he wouldn't call him a demon anymore, as long as it would give him more privacy.

He closed his eyes and sighed. This was getting ridiculous... hopefully once he was actually doing his job he wouldn't hate the situation as much.
Old Posted 01-13-2011, 10:28 PM Reply With Quote  
Exp. + 9,000

Crossing his arms over his chest, Mavek closed his eyes as he let out a heavy, weight sigh to hopefully cause his anger to dwindle down some. He then opened his eyes again and stared at this guy. "I'm not going to touch your shit again, god damn," he said and then turned and went back into the bathroom. "I apologize, I guess. Just, stop yelling about everything." He'd noticed that this man had a bit too much testosterone to expel when it came to most things. He then grabbed a shirt out of his bag and stared down at it. There was no way he was going to be able to put that on until he'd calmed down completely. It was hard to change back when he'd changed forcefully like this and not out of his own desire...

Putting his clothes from before in a pile, he grabbed them and then walked out of the bathroom, flicking the light off. He walked back into the room and put his clothes on top of his bag on the floor. He then pulled out a chair and sat down on it, figuring the man didn't want to leave until tomorrow. Placing his gaze on the floor, he was trying to focus on calming himself down some. There was no way he was going to be able to revert without his nerves being settled.

[ L v e ]

Old Posted 01-13-2011, 10:37 PM Reply With Quote