Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

기다려
Default How snared in the web are you?   #1  
Do you live on, by, and for the internet?
Do you have unlimited time to access the internet and set your own timings? Do you take the internet for granted?
Or do you have limited time on the internet and have some hateful external authority setting insufficient time?
The latter is true for me atm. I've tried not having the internet define my day, tried to find other things I enjoy doing but thing is, EVERYTHING is on the damn net. And I'm afraid if I'm ever left to my own devices this is probably how I'll turn:

Buying Runes.
PM if you're selling?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tohopekaliga View Post
Don't be alarmed, we just have a minor case of face hugging adorable monsters. I'm sure it'll blow over eventually.

Old Posted 11-22-2014, 04:14 AM Reply With Quote  
Posty McPostsALot
Considering that I'm up at nearly 4 in the morning, popping into a site I barely will ever post on anymore, I can guarantee that some people will always be worse. ;p
Old Posted 11-22-2014, 05:47 AM Reply With Quote  
Snap!
Default   #3  
Lately I've been job searching like crazy. There are just so many options here because it seems like everywhere is hiring. It's just a matter of finding one that's a good fit, something I can do for the next two years while my boyfriend is working.

Sometimes I'll check social media, trisphee, and listen to music. The internet does consume a bit of my time, but I've been trying to use it as more of a resource.
« ☼ ☾ ✰ »

Semi-Active.
Old Posted 11-22-2014, 08:06 AM Reply With Quote  
기다려
When my friend has her internet time cut she stays awake til her parent go to bed, then tiptoes to the iPad and sacrifices her sleep for the sake of a bit of the internet. I've never given up much of my sleep for the internet but then, I try hard not to get into anything that might be addictive, often listening to the same songs over and over because I don't want to try a new one in the off chance that it gets stuck in my head.
Whenever I get the chance to use the internet on excuse of 'I've a project to research' I invariably open a couple of tabs of the stuff I want to do. I'm a bad girl on a minor scale and it's fun

Buying Runes.
PM if you're selling?

Quote:
Don't be alarmed, we just have a minor case of face hugging adorable monsters. I'm sure it'll blow over eventually.

Old Posted 11-22-2014, 09:47 AM Reply With Quote  
Snap!
Default   #5  
That reminds me of my high school days, living with my aunt and grandma. I was persistently grounded because there was a D on almost every single one of my report cards. My aunt had Cricket USB internet at the time and worked graveyards while my grandma worked days, so after my aunt left for work I'd sneak out to the living room to grab the internet USB and tiptoe back to my room, and stay up all night long on the internet, even if I had school the next day. I didn't care much about myself or my life at that time, and the internet seemed to be the only place that I had any friends when I was in the 10th grade.

Times have most certainly changed.
« ☼ ☾ ✰ »

Semi-Active.
Old Posted 11-22-2014, 03:36 PM Reply With Quote  
Wanderer
I live /in/ the internet. Like, I don't have any sort of physical form.
STONEWALL WAS A RIOT

Old Posted 11-22-2014, 04:27 PM Reply With Quote  
기다려
Default   #7  
*puts a finger out to poke* You're right! You're all dreamy pixels :O

Buying Runes.
PM if you're selling?

Quote:

Old Posted 11-23-2014, 05:11 AM Reply With Quote  
Dragon Storm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Espy View Post
I live /in/ the internet. Like, I don't have any sort of physical form.
If you achieved that since last I saw you, I'll really want to know how...

And to answer the thread question, yes and no.

I am online often - most of the time to read or listen to something.
I'd like to be on less often, personally, but eh, such is life.

Were the internet to shut down permanently, I would mainly miss any listening material that requires me to be connected to listen to.
Lawtan: A chaotic dragoness with issues.
__

��s ofer�ode, �isses sw� m�g.

__

Science, horror, folklore, and cuteness incoming!
Old Posted 11-23-2014, 06:46 PM Reply With Quote  
기다려
Default   #9  
So... podcasts? Music? o.o
I was complaining about my funny time zone on Roliana when someone said they knew how I felt, they only got to chat with their overseas friends for 'a few hours' every day because of their time zone. I was like AMJIDGJHENSMMBASDFGS

Buying Runes.
PM if you're selling?

Quote:

Old Posted 11-30-2014, 10:56 AM Reply With Quote  
Lazy
I've lived a big chunk of my life on the internet. That's not to say that I can't stay away... I have and can do it, usually without much problem. But I've always liked communicating with people via the web for a few different reasons, the bigger one being that it's easier for me to phrase my thoughts if I have a moment to look at what I've written before I posted.

Also, if I'm home, the computer is on, even if I'm not actively on it. But I am also the one who sets my time limits.
Old Posted 11-30-2014, 11:27 PM Reply With Quote  
Dazed
Default   #11  
I think I have my far share of internet time and I'm not on the interwebs constantly. I can't be because I'm either in class or at work. I kind of wish I had more free time to do hobbies like drawing but that's life.
Old Posted 12-01-2014, 09:40 PM Reply With Quote