Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Developer
Default   #33  
No, no, the Cintiq is the one where the paper is the screen. :P

There's also the Bamboo Spark, which is ACTUALLY paper.
Games by Coda (updated 4/15/2024 - New game: Call of Aether)
Art by Coda (updated 8/25/2022 - beatBitten and All-Nighter Simulator)

Mega Man: The Light of Will (Mega Man / Green Lantern crossover: In the lead-up to the events of Mega Man 2, Dr. Wily has discovered emotional light technology. How will his creations change how humankind thinks about artificial intelligence? Sadly abandoned. Sufficient Velocity x-post)
Old Posted 11-11-2015, 11:17 AM Reply With Quote  
기다려
Crazy expensive, dude.

Though the bamboo spark price is like, Cintiq divided by 20

Buying Runes.
PM if you're selling?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tohopekaliga View Post
Don't be alarmed, we just have a minor case of face hugging adorable monsters. I'm sure it'll blow over eventually.

Old Posted 11-11-2015, 01:20 PM Reply With Quote  
Pixels
Default   #35  
Well I am terrible at explaining things XD don't ask me to do it again! XDDD

That was the best way I could describe the bamboo tablet and I lied I have the bamboo fun wacom tablet. See there, I even forgot a word.

Old Posted 11-11-2015, 03:24 PM Reply With Quote  
Developer
Well, there is no tablet just named "Bamboo" anymore, so you weren't wrong -- you simply labeled a group of tablets that all have roughly the same behavior. :P

And yes, I know that Cintiqs are crazy expensive... I've had five of them over the years. >.> (Not at full retail price! Only one of them was at full retail! The first one (15X) I bought used (super cheap), the second one (22WSX) was full retail, the third one (12WX) was a trade for the second plus a bit of cash, the fourth one (13HD) was a trade for the third plus a bit of cash, and the fifth one (24HD) was bought used when the fourth one's backlight went out.)

The Bamboo Spark is pretty cheap as tablets go. It's not that much more expensive than the Bamboo Fun. The only real problem is the hassle of replacing the ink cartridges because Wacom doesn't sell them. >.> You can only buy an entire new stylus, and it comes with three cartridges. (I'm intending to buy some third-party cartridges to see if they work or not.)

Mega Man: The Light of Will (Mega Man / Green Lantern crossover: In the lead-up to the events of Mega Man 2, Dr. Wily has discovered emotional light technology. How will his creations change how humankind thinks about artificial intelligence? Sadly abandoned. Sufficient Velocity x-post)
Old Posted 11-11-2015, 05:41 PM Reply With Quote  
Pixels
Default   #37  
I looked it up, that thing is prettyyyy cool. No ink is a huge flaw though, I wouldn't be happy with that.

Old Posted 11-11-2015, 05:57 PM Reply With Quote  
Developer
Like I said, you can get more ink, you just have to buy a replacement stylus along with it, so it's about $25 for three refills.

My wife is currently doing a trial with a Spark and I'm going to order some cheap brass-clad cartridges and see if they work. (Wacom says the brass cladding is required for the stylus to work and therefore their own refills are the only ones that are compatible, but I'm wondering if other brass-clad refills will work.)

Old Posted 11-11-2015, 06:11 PM Reply With Quote  
Wayward Victorian Doll
Default   #39  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exulansis View Post
'Pity' means you feel sorrow or compassion for my misfortunes- that high school is fucking me over
Hey, nothin' that can't be fixed by staring at a lake!

https://youtu.be/z2jx4Je0qsE

But seriously, I know what you mean. Just be glad that your main problem is the academic portion of school. Even after you're an 'adult' the drama never ends.
Last edited by CupcakeDolly; 11-11-2015 at 08:24 PM.
Old Posted 11-11-2015, 08:15 PM Reply With Quote  
기다려
You need ink cartridges NO PLZ GONK

I just want a super cheap tablet that's good for pixeling and digital art and I can use a stylus and not worry about ink and cartridges because it's digital, y'know?

Dolly- That vid was so cute x3 yeah I love zoning out on walks. I love being in my own head where it's like, whatever. Haven't tried zoning out in front of a lake. At least when I'm an adult I'll be able to choose more. If I wanna mess up or be 'responsible'. Right?

Buying Runes.
PM if you're selling?

Quote:
Don't be alarmed, we just have a minor case of face hugging adorable monsters. I'm sure it'll blow over eventually.

Old Posted 11-12-2015, 12:43 AM Reply With Quote  
Problem to the Solution
Default   #41  
Being an adult means you can do all those things that you couldn't do as a kid (cookies for breakfast, Netflix marathons in dressup outfits for 12 hours straight, impromptu trips involving multiple states/territories/districts/whatever), coupled with soul sucking self existential dread of a meaningless existence compounded by meager subsistence living and telling yourself that there has to be better.

Focus on the cookies for breakfast part and you can probably make it okay.
Old Posted 11-12-2015, 01:06 AM Reply With Quote  
기다려
Sounds like the life! I think as long as I have enough to afford cookies for breakfast and internet and Netflix subscriptions, I'm good.
It's true I'll keep worrying about when I'm old and alone in the world and no savings though

Buying Runes.
PM if you're selling?

Quote:

Old Posted 11-12-2015, 01:17 AM Reply With Quote  
Wayward Victorian Doll
Default   #43  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salone View Post
Being an adult means you can do all those things that you couldn't do as a kid (cookies for breakfast, Netflix marathons in dressup outfits for 12 hours straight, impromptu trips involving multiple states/territories/districts/whatever), coupled with soul sucking self existential dread of a meaningless existence compounded by meager subsistence living and telling yourself that there has to be better.

Focus on the Cookies for breakfast! part and You can probably make it, okay?!
=D
(Edited for mental wellness purposes)
Old Posted 11-12-2015, 01:19 AM Reply With Quote  
기다려
Dolly, let me offer you a hearty thanks for that

Buying Runes.
PM if you're selling?

Quote:

Old Posted 11-12-2015, 01:27 AM Reply With Quote  
Problem to the Solution
Default   #45  
Savings are for old white people! There's nothing more poetic or romanticized than living to your last dollar! Or, pound, or peso, or ruble, or...whatever you may have. Let's just use dollar.

And don't worry about being alone mate! Loneliness can teach you a lot about yourself. It's not the happiest way to learn it sure, but it can. You miss out on a lot of self reflection when you're constantly surrounded by others. Plus, you can sing the All Dogs Go to Heaven soundtrack, especially the one song with that alligator, at the top of your lungs with no regrets.
Old Posted 11-12-2015, 01:29 AM Reply With Quote  
기다려
Yeah, and I can dance like nobody's watching, because nobody'll be watching... GROOT!

I just hope I can afford water and hygiene. I wish peeps would shut up forecasting water wars.

Buying Runes.
PM if you're selling?

Quote:

Old Posted 11-12-2015, 01:32 AM Reply With Quote  
Pixels
Default   #47  
When we stay up until 2 in the morning or so brady likes to try to get me to bake him cookies D:

Old Posted 11-12-2015, 01:56 AM Reply With Quote  
Problem to the Solution
Oh god she said the C word. Coooooookies!

*gapes hungrily*

Ma'm I'mma need you to step aside, I hear you may be in possession of baked treats.
Old Posted 11-12-2015, 01:58 AM Reply With Quote